• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What scriptures in the Old Testament support the belief that women are more emotional than men?

sense12

it is often believed by many that women base their decisions primarily using emotions rather than logic which is the opposite of men who use logic to make decisions.many people i have spoken are critical about women's emotions and believe they get in the way of making rational decisions.i am interested to know if there's any information in the old testament to support this belief.i myself am interested in the opinions of others and i have not created this post to bash women but to see if people agree or disagree and if they can prove their points by using the old testament

Rational Agnostic

it is often believed by many that women base their decisions primarily using emotions rather than logic which is the opposite of men who use logic to make decisions.many people i have spoken are critical about women's emotions and believe they get in the way of making rational decisions.i am interested to know if there's any information in the old testament to support this belief.i myself am interested in the opinions of others and i have not created this post to bash women but to see if people agree or disagree and if they can prove their points by using the old testament

Quoting the Old Testament doesn't "prove" anything. Personally, I don't think the evidence supports the idea that women are more emotional than men. I think that both genders are equally emotional, but males and females express the same emotions in different ways.