• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Satanist am I?

KillWhale

I am 14 yrs old and live in England. I am new to Satanism and have deeply studied into different types, and agree with many aspects of both. From what i have read there is, mainly, Theistic, and Atheistic.

I will discuss my beliefs now,

i believe that Satan is a real being and so are the Crown princes of hell, i believe in demons and angels but not as how they are portrayed in the bible ( humanoids ) i believe they are conscious but we do not entirely understand them.

I believe partly in LaVeys teachings, but i don't believe Satan is a symbol.

I believe in Magick and i would like to perform rituals, but i dont know which rituals to do.

I believe Satanism is it's own religion (not just the opposite of Christianity)

So what type of Satanist am I? :shrug: I would really appreciate any answers people can give me.

Skorzeny

Ritual is something that continues to confuse me and I have been learning more about and further exploring the LHP for about a year and a half now.

I simply trust in the people whom say that ritual is something you have to experience and learn from yourself, rather than studying and then performing to perfection (a practical experiment rather than studying for an exam is a good way to describe it). I'm very much looking forward to being able to begin experimenting but my opportunities are limited. For now, I'm restricted only to mental ritual (similar if not the same as meditation), and even then, I struggle!

Point is, don't stress about ritual just yet; confirm what you believe in, and this is something that takes quite a while, especially at the age of 14.

Vayasya

Śiva Devotee
I am 14 yrs old and live in England. I am new to Satanism and have deeply studied into different types, and agree with many aspects of both. From what i have read there is, mainly, Theistic, and Atheistic.

i believe that Satan is a real being and so are the Crown princes of hell, i believe in demons and angels but not as how they are portrayed in the bible ( humanoids ) i believe they are conscious but we do not entirely understand them.

I believe in Magick and i would like to perform rituals, but i dont know which rituals to do.

So what type of Satanist am I? :shrug: I would really appreciate any answers people can give me.

To be honest none of those beliefs actually define you as a "Satanist".

KillWhale

I have been searching around the internet for quite a long time and i stumbles across the Joy of Satan website and it all makes sense. I completely believe in spiritual Satanism and Paganism. I have found my way finally and i will dedicate my soul to Father soon....

HAIL FATHER SATAN!

Vayasya

Śiva Devotee
What does?
The worship of Satan, as well as the belief that Satan is an actual being, if I'm correct would define a Theistic-Satanist. However he never said he worships Satan. I share some of the beliefs with OP, however I don't worship Satan, thus I am not a Satanist.

ScottySatan

You don't have to label yourself. Just study while embracing the idea that you don't know what you are yet.

Don't label yourself until you are certain, or you're going to make an *** of yourself. If the certainty never comes, don't label yourself at all. The idea that you have to discover yourself is from movies. If you do become certain about what kind of Satanist you are, why label yourself even then? What's the benefit?

I'm in my 30's and I don't know what kind of Satanist I am either. But, it almost never matters. Sometimes I think you can achieve greater happiness with mystery thrown into the mix.

That's not to say that LaVey is the same as Joy of Satan, this is just to say that no real Satanist of any kind should have to ask me who they are.

Last edited:

ScottySatan

The worship of Satan, as well as the belief that Satan is an actual being, if I'm correct would define a Theistic-Satanist. However he never said he worships Satan. I share some of the beliefs with OP, however I don't worship Satan, thus I am not a Satanist.

Why are you here?

Skorzeny

Just because I'm not a Satanist doesn't mean I don't enjoy discussing with Satanists and followers of other groups. Am I not allowed to talk on the Satanism DIR if I'm not a Satanist?

You're fine to discuss and ask respectful questions, but it is not your place to tell DIR members how they are or are not to approach their religious system.

To be honest none of those beliefs actually define you as a "Satanist".

Vayasya

Śiva Devotee
You're fine to discuss and ask respectful questions, but it is not your place to tell DIR members how they are or are not to approach their religious system.
You're correct, I suppose I was thinking of straight definition rather than how OP truly feels about his beliefs. Excuse my ignorance.

Skorzeny

You're correct, I suppose I was thinking of straight definition rather than how OP truly feels about his beliefs. Excuse my ignorance.

It's all good. The most interesting thing about the LHP is that no two practitioners' approaches to a system is the same. As Scotty said, many go without a label altogether; they just are. The LHP is impossible to universally label or define because rooted within it are the ideas of individualism and syncretism (something that LaVeyan Satanism actually fights against as it is purely atheistic, which makes me struggle to take it seriously as a LHP association rather than a rabble of arrogant teenagers).

Orias

Left Hand Path
What exactly is a straightforward definition of Satanism?

Anyone who adopts an oppositional mindset can typically be described as a "Satanist". Even in a temporary instance, any sense of oppositional fortitude in my opinion, is Satanic.

So when it comes down to it, opposition describes everything.

The world is Satanic.