• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Satanist am I?

Visionary28

Seeker of Serpent's Fruit
What exactly is a straightforward definition of Satanism?

Anyone who adopts an oppositional mindset can typically be described as a "Satanist". Even in a temporary instance, any sense of oppositional fortitude in my opinion, is Satanic.

So when it comes down to it, opposition describes everything.

The world is Satanic.

Is every form of opposition Satanic? An Atheist may be oppositional to the concepts of God or religious thought. I would not define that as "satanic". The same can be said for a rebellious teenager towards his or her parent's authority. I do agree that rebellion can hold the essence of Satan but it has to have a defined reason or intent.

I think Satanism or any LHP system only functions successfully when it built on what it strives for or represents rather than what it opposes or rebels against.

Last edited:

Visionary28

Seeker of Serpent's Fruit
Yes.

What if what it strives for or represents is opposition? :confused:

Of what value is undisciplined opposition in and of itself to the Satanist? A confused and angry child who opposes his teacher because he does not desire to comply with a direction is not "Satanic". A conservative politician who opposes a firearms restriction is not "Satanic". Basic opposition is simply a human condition designed to meet some perceived need of the individual. If you consider all human acts of opposition or rebellion Satanic then it looses nearly all meaning and impact. Any mislead fool can oppose in ignorance or uncontrolled anger that which he feels impeads his rights or ideals.

We can agree that planned and directed opposition could be "Satanic". Then again we would have to agree on what we mean by this term. The main goal should be in directing energy towards new paths toward self improvement and knowledge. This can not happen by simply refusing or opposing the systems of others.

Last edited: