• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Rights Does Trump Have In the Impeachment Process?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Perhaps after Trump is gone we need a bipartisan effort for reform.
One major problem I can see in the current system is that each president is a figure head for one or the other party. Somehow, it feels like the three-branch system isn't working properly because of this. The president should perhaps be independent of party line. He/she runs his/her thing. Congress another. And Justice a third. Right now, the justices and president are party bound, and they get more and more entrenched in what the party is supposed to do instead of individuals making individual choices. It's in the multitude of ideas that great things can be achieved.

But then, I could be wrong.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yup. And when Dems go dirty, the Reps copy their tactics next turn. It's an escalation or spiral of just being dirtier and more corrupt each turn.
This makes no sense, in the modern partisan world of USA politics.

The Democrats are always playing catch up.

It's the Republicans going for the bottom of the barrel, and the Democrats trying to keep up with the dirty politics.
For example, who in your lifetime impeached a sitting president?
Tom

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Could you fix your quotes?

It sounds like you're agreeing with me, although I doubt that's what you meant.
Tom
Me? I actually do agree with you.

But I also think both parties are equally dirty and have corrupted the system over the years.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
This makes no sense, in the modern partisan world of USA politics.

The Democrats are always playing catch up.
Well, that's the part we disagree on. They're just better at covering it up and getting away with it. :)

It's the Republicans going for the bottom of the barrel, and the Democrats trying to keep up with the dirty politics.
Again, the Republicans don't have the finesse and the skill to avoid detection.

For example, who in your lifetime impeached a sitting president?
Tom
Always the Republicans, because they're quite self-righteous. Always want everyone else to follow the rules they establish. Rules they don't want to follow themselves.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well, that's the part we disagree on. They're just better at covering it up and getting away with it. :)
Why do you think that?

Again, the Republicans don't have the finesse and the skill to avoid detection.
Again, why do you think that?
Always the Republicans, because they're quite self-righteous. Always want everyone else to follow the rules they establish. Rules they don't want to follow themselves.
Well, that's pretty obvious.

It's why I don't vote Republican any more. I'm an American patriot, and the Republicans are more about Russia and global corporations than the American people.
They've proved it.

Tom

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Why do you think that?
Again, why do you think that?
Life experience. :)

Well, that's pretty obvious.

It's why I don't vote Republican any more. I'm an American patriot, and the Republicans are more about Russia and global corporations than the American people.
They've proved it.

Tom
I used to be more conservative as well, but the past couple of years have really made me sick. I'm not very upset with Trump and his stupidities, but more upset that he's not held accountable the times when he obviously steps over the line. The party doesn't have any backbone. None whatsoever. The few republicans who actually speak up are ousted and mistreated by the a party that looks more like a religious cult than a political party.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I used to be more conservative as well, but the past couple of years have really made me sick. I'm not very upset with Trump and his stupidities, but more upset that he's not held accountable the times when he obviously steps over the line. The party doesn't have any backbone. None whatsoever. The few republicans who actually speak up are ousted and mistreated by the a party that looks more like a religious cult than a political party.
This is exactly why I vote straight Democrat these days.
It's not that I believe the lies that they tell before getting elected.

It's that they are more about the USA than the party.
As opposed to the Republicans.
Tom