• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion are you?

Please read the first post before answering

• Total voters

Avi

Other: Noachide in pursuit of an Orthodox Jewish Conversion.

It is so nice to see all these religions represented here!
Baruk HaShem!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
i am too a Noahide converting...
first Conservative here in Richmond VA
then, G-d Willing, to hop on a flight to Israel and convert Orthodox and live there till the end of my days.:162:

Avi

Jensa said:
I feel rather ignorant. :eek: What's Noachide?
Cfer:
If you believe in the G-d of Israel, but do not believe in Jesus of Nazereth to be the Meshiach, or Muhammad as the last prophet of G-d, then you may consider yourself a Noachide, or Child of Noah.

According to many rabbinical and talmudic laws, G-d laid down 2 sets of laws for man to follow. We all know the commandments at Sinai, right? We usually associate them with the Jewish mitzvot (613 in all, according to the Talmud)? Well, many people have asked me what if you believed in the G-d of Israel, but not Jesus of Nazereth? I simply answer: You are a child of Noah; a Noachide. You see, as G-d commanded the Children of Israel, He also commanded all men not decendant of Avraham--i.e. decendant of Noach (children of Noah; Noachide). He commanded 7 laws, guaranteeing if a Noachide (a non-Jew. In other words everybody who isn't Jewish) were to follow these 7, he would be a righteous Gentile and share the Kingdom of Heaven with the Jews, equally.

What are these 7 laws? Well, here they are:
Avodah Zarah: Prohibition on idolatry.
Birchat HaShem: Prohibition on blasphemy and cursing the Name of G-d.
Shefichat Damim: Prohibition on murder.
Gezel: Prohibition on robbery and theft.
Gilui Arayot: Prohibition on immorality and forbidden sexual relations.
Ever Min HaChay: Prohibition on removing and eating a limb from a live animal.
Dinim: Requirement to establish a justice system and courts of law to enforce the other 6 laws.

If you look at my assigned religion, you will see: Noachide. However, I am studying to join the Jewish people. You may ask: Why commit yourself to all 613 mitzvot (commandments), when you are only expected to follow these 7? That is a good question, and I don't know why. I am compelled, which I will explain in a separate thread.
This is the reply I gave Cfer when she asked: what if one believed in the G-d of Israel but not Jesus of Nazereth. I hope that helps. If you have anymore questions, don't be afraid to PM me.

DoshKel

I'm more Deist than anything else, but I am still bent on the whether or not some form of a deity actually did create life.

I do acknowledge the thought of God(s) (not specific), but I am not one to say who or what it is.

I was raised in a Christian family however, and have known the Christian God better than anything other. Right now I am trying to branch out my knowledge so that it may look towards the other Religions, and I can get a better idea of spiritual tradition in this world.

I follow the Norse Way, the pre-Christian spiritual path of the Northern European peoples. It was re-istablished back in the early 1970's here in the States, over in England and in Iceland it was re-made a governmental recognised religion almost 1,000 years after it was banned.

JonM

I'm Jewish, and not very many people around here are, it seems. That's cool. I'll be the token.

jonny

JonM said:
I'm Jewish, and not very many people around here are, it seems. That's cool. I'll be the token.
I've met more Jews on Religious Forums than I've met in person. You will not be alone. :D

JonM

jonny said:
I've met more Jews on Religious Forums than I've met in person. You will not be alone. :D
I believe it. I've met a few already myself. I'm just used to a pretty unrealistically Jew-heavy population wherever I go. I think that's a pretty common experience for American Jews. I've seen poll numbers that indicate that American Jews think that, like, 15% of America is Jewish, and really it's 2%!

BruceDLimber

godfree1 said:
(Atheism is not a religion.) :shout
It is, however, quasi-religious, in that it shares many attributes with religions.

Indeed, some atheists are fully as much into proselytizing as are some religionists! . . .

Regards,

Bruce

Islam.The religion of peace.
Maize:
No, it's not. That's why it's not listed in the poll.
thumb_up.jpg

jonny

p
JonM said:
I believe it. I've met a few already myself. I'm just used to a pretty unrealistically Jew-heavy population wherever I go. I think that's a pretty common experience for American Jews. I've seen poll numbers that indicate that American Jews think that, like, 15% of America is Jewish, and really it's 2%!
It's even lower in the three states I've lived in:

Washington - 0.7%
Utah - 0.2%
Idaho - 0.1% (1,100 Jews!!!)

Ðanisty

Theistic Luciferian.

If you want to get technical about atheism, then LaVeyan Satanism shouldn't be included in the poll either as it is an atheistic path...just a thought.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Ðanisty said:
Theistic Luciferian.

If you want to get technical about atheism, then LaVeyan Satanism shouldn't be included in the poll either as it is an atheistic path...just a thought.
LaVeyan Satanism is a religion, atheism desribes a belief, or lack thereof. For example, Buddhism is atheistic as well, but it is still a religion.