• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What real men do for a living

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK, that line was a teaser. What I'd really like this thread to be about it what our career choices are - or at least, what we spend the majority of our waking hours doing.

If you have pictures of these activities, post them!

I titled the thread "What real men do for a living" (even though I'm not a man) because my husband brought home some fantastic photos of a recent job site, and I was struck, as usual, by the intense testosterone of the oil and gas industry. Not to mention amazement at the complexity of his job sites. My husband is what is called "the company man" for an oil and gas company - the guy who is in charge of the whole shebang on these sites. This requires lots of 16 hour days, hard hat, steel toed boots and fire retardant, hot coveralls, working on some holidays, and a complete acceptance of whatever the weather is dishing up every day - whether it's 105 degrees in the shade (what shade?) or freezing sleet and rain and mud six inches deep on location.

Why would anyone do this for a living? I'll tell you - two weeks on and two weeks off (and I do mean completely off), and...sweet moolah.

But my husband would tell you that HE does it simply because he loves it.

I am a banker. This is what real WOMEN do for a living! I enjoy my work because I get to help relieve peoples' stress all day long. Honestly, do you know ANYONE who ever gets up in the morning and says, "Wow, I sure am looking forward to going into the bank today and talking to someone about how jacked up my account is!" All day every day people come into my office confused, angry, upset, distraught, worried, or frustrated - and often intimidated. My goal is for them to LEAVE in a much calmer and contented state of mind - and that's nearly always the case.

This is a photo of our team making some sort of vow to deliver even better customer service every day. Basic requirement of any job I do - permission to have fun.

Skwim

Veteran Member
villageppl.jpg