• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What morals and ethics do Christians and other religions follow over time?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
To add the BYU research justifies my view of the evolution of written language in the Middle East.
Of course it evolved. Hebrew evolved out of Canaanite. Hebrew script evolved out of Canaanite script. That doesn't get you off the hook for calling what is essentially Canaanite / Proto-Hebrew "Egyptian."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Of course it evolved. Hebrew evolved out of Canaanite. Hebrew script evolved out of Canaanite script. That doesn't get you off the hook for calling what is essentially Canaanite / Proto-Hebrew "Egyptian."

No hook here. The BYU sources you referred to and I cited confirmed that the referenced writing best fits what was primitive hieroglyphics. By the way it was found in Egypt.

Your the one on the hook. You cannot differentiate the referenced symbols as any more 'proto Hebrew than any othe Middle East written language which has a similar evolution. There is pronunciation associated with the inscription,, nor any other pre-Hebrew inscription with similar charactors to associate it with the Hebrew 'El' or 'Rebbe' any more than any of the words for God(s) and priest in any oteh other cultures.

Mitty

This is more of a problem with Christians who believe in a literal Genesis and Pentateuch. Again, most of the Pentateuch is a very very human story to justify their belief at the time. The cities described were most likely the fate of a volcanic event based on the archaeology.
I agree that the S&G story is based on a volcanic eruption such as Santorini c1450 BC and the demise of Minoan civilization, which is also the probable source for the Atlantis story.