• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What matters to you?

Dream Candy

My bad, I'm sippin on wholesome liquid...

I believe in a God(s) because I'm alive, because I can, because the complexity of beauty exists and because evil exists.

I believe in Science because I also enjoy knowing the facts of whats presented to me empirically, and I want to know more from that.

Sees

Dragonslayer
So you believe in God(s) and Science?

I sure do :) For me religion and science is more about guiding towards certain truths than laying them flat out objectively and absolutely. They use our fluid and imperfect language and concepts to enrich understanding and communication of information relevant to our human perception of reality.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
What has value to you? What does not?
Peace be on you.
I read your post in Science and Religion
What has value to you? What does not?

Answer:
Both because both are from Allah and they should be used for peace. Both are valuable together.

Last edited:

Jumi

Family, truth, honor, happiness are some of the things that matter. Things I don't care about are too many to list.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What's important to you?

You mean to ask what I actively worship? Whatever it is that is nearby which is happening to inspire awe, wonder, and a sense of gratitude. But everything has value/importance/sacredness. Doesn't matter if I am actively honoring it or not. Intrinsic value is ... well... intrinsic.