• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you happy?

Melody

eternity said:
Just wondering what makes people happy? Not satisfied, not content-absolutely joyfully happy.
My children. When I can't sleep in the middle of the night, I often wander into their rooms just to look at their face (well ok, I do tuck their blankets a bit too...habit). I do this even with my two college age sons when they're home on break. I can't even explain the intensity of the joy I feel but there is nothing, other than communing with God, that gives me that same "snoopy dance" feeling.

Melody

fromthe heart

eternity said:
Just wondering what makes people happy? Not satisfied, not content-absolutely joyfully happy.
I find the one thing that makes me the happiest is seeing someone smile that I don't even know and feeling that it matters...we all deserve to smile.:)

osuwagner

I think the ultimate happiness any human can experience is when they can look at their lives and see that they have had a positive effect on their surroundings.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
This is a great thread.

1) My childrens laughter, showing the manners I taught them, and the love they show towards our family and friends.
2) My husband's laughter, calling me "Honey", "Babe", and "Dear".
3) Receiving my grades for my classes and seeing that I can be a good student when I put my mind to it.
4) Being able to talk with my biological mother, step-dad, and Grandmother every week after not being able to for 5 years.
5) Knowing that my family is safe and warm and that even though we are nto rich monetary wise, we are rich in family, freinds and have what is needed to survive.
6) Helping others

FBI

SK2005

Saint in training
I have not fully discovered what makes me happy, :( but I do love to be around around my church family a lot. My boyfriend did make me happy.