• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Makes Us All The Same?

We spend a great deal of time and energy defining ourselves by our occupation, our religion, our education and our accomplishments. We go to great lengths to stand out from the crowd of billions that surround us on this world so that in some small way we can say that we are unique.
This forum that we post threads and replies in is a reflection of the world we live in, a community within itself. We come here to express our opinions and/or to observe the opinions of others being expressed. I have learned that within this community there are mono, poly, anti, non and athiests. These can be broken down into many sub catagories and if I have forgotten anybody, I apologise.
I have observed and contributed to many heated debates that have remained for the most part civil. It is a wonderful thing to be able to freely express oneself in a safe environment and I do not take it for granted. There are many places in our world where this is not possible.
But this thread is not about what makes us different. I ask what makes us the same?
I believe that regardles of of what we believe, we all want a better life for ourselves and for our loved ones. This is less about belief and more about what we do.
I believe we would all like to make the world a little better. Again, will our beliefs make it better or will our actions?
You may believe that heaven or hell are places you go when you die. You may believe that you have had past lives and will have future lives. Or perhaps you believe that you are born, you live, you die and that is all.
But these beliefs that separate us are of far less importance then what makes us all the same.
We all want to be respected. We all want to be valued. We all want to be at peace and feel safe. We all want to love and be loved.

What do YOU think makes us the same??

.lava

Veteran Member
We spend a great deal of time and energy defining ourselves by our occupation, our religion, our education and our accomplishments. We go to great lengths to stand out from the crowd of billions that surround us on this world so that in some small way we can say that we are unique.
This forum that we post threads and replies in is a reflection of the world we live in, a community within itself. We come here to express our opinions and/or to observe the opinions of others being expressed. I have learned that within this community there are mono, poly, anti, non and athiests. These can be broken down into many sub catagories and if I have forgotten anybody, I apologise.
I have observed and contributed to many heated debates that have remained for the most part civil. It is a wonderful thing to be able to freely express oneself in a safe environment and I do not take it for granted. There are many places in our world where this is not possible.
But this thread is not about what makes us different. I ask what makes us the same?
I believe that regardles of of what we believe, we all want a better life for ourselves and for our loved ones. This is less about belief and more about what we do.
I believe we would all like to make the world a little better. Again, will our beliefs make it better or will our actions?
You may believe that heaven or hell are places you go when you die. You may believe that you have had past lives and will have future lives. Or perhaps you believe that you are born, you live, you die and that is all.
But these beliefs that separate us are of far less importance then what makes us all the same.
We all want to be respected. We all want to be valued. We all want to be at peace and feel safe. We all want to love and be loved.

we all arrived nude lol but that's true. IMO common ground for each person would be humanity. i expect each human to be humane. i would not expect people to be Muslim or theist or anything else. but i do expect them to be humane.

Morse

To Extinguish

^ Between humans

^ Between everything.

cardero, dream on my friend! I once heard that if you don't dream, you will slowly go insane. I once deprived myself of sleep to avoid dreaming but it didn't work. Eventually I ended up dreaming while awake. Just can't seem to lose my mind!

lava, Entering the world naked is undeniable I guess, and you're right. We need only be more humane to one another to make the world a better place.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

The fact that we're all different.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Basic human nature is pretty much the same wherever you go. But what makes up human nature is hundreds -- thousands -- of things. You can't sum it all up in 25 words or less.

With all due respect Sunstone, I dissagree. It can be summed up in less then 25 words. It can be summed up in one simple sentence:

We all want to know ourselves.

MissAlice

What makes humans the same?

With or without mental deficiency, deafness, language differences, we tend to be pretty abstract with our thoughts when communicating even for a cookie or a bannana.

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
I believe we are all the same in different ways, LOL. Not trying to defeat the purpose of this thread. But I mean this because I see that we are created(personality) with the same attributes, courage, humor, being bold, or creative. We all have that or something on the course, the difference between our personalities separate us but the fact that there are only a number amount of traits combines us. The fact we breath and live here on earth brings us together. The fact that what we do now affects tomorrow or somebody far away combines us. Our worries are concerns of anther. Our happiness affect many. We are one in many ways and separate in few, the few make us more divine, but the many gives us an understanding and compassion for life.

gnomon

I need food.
I need shelter.
I need others.

They need food.
They need shelter.
They need others.

18 words

We get those by working to find or grow the food. By building the shelter. And by recognizing each other.

Much of the rest is all superficial nonsense. Being Christian, white, black, Muslim, Jewish, American, Chinese, football player, musician, etc. doesn't alter any of the needs. Focus more on fulfilling those needs and less on ourselves. Focusing on ourselves is being Christian, white, black, Muslim, Jewish, American, Chinese, football player, musician, etc.

I really like the way you put it Steviehummingbird, and it does not take away from the thread but adds to it. As you said, "We are one in many ways and separate in a few, the few make us more divine," to me means we are individual expressions of the divine.
I love it! Well put!

Thank you kindly for your contribution.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nothing,

Here you are restricting the *sameness* only to the human race; however the sameness extends to the length, breadth, wide, depth, past, present, future, to all forms and no-forms therein are all nothing but *ENERGY* and consciousness is what makes us feel that *sameness*, provided we understand, realise, discover, untie, uncover etc. that conscious part within us.
Love & rgds

Friend zenzero, I suppose I did restrict sameness to the human race, though I did not intend to and I certianly don't believe we are exclusive in this way. What little I know of Quantum physics is plenty of proof for me that everyone and everything are made of the same material.
I started a thread recently and in a reply I ellaborated on my understanding of Oneness. Of course I can't remember which one it was. And I'm not going to try and think about because you might scold me again.
I'm going to stop creating threads for a while and just respond (without thinking) to what moves me.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nothing,

Sorry, if the responses intimidated you in any way which is on the contrary just wish to extend on'e consciousness in broadening his horizon to eternal existence as finally that should be what RF is all about in my personal understanding.
Kindly carry on posting more and more threads and posts as this is the testing/learning/practicing ground for each and every member to grow towards consciousness in the process.
ALWAYS,
Best Wishes.
Love & rgds

Friend zenzero, no need for apologies, my confusion is my own and not of your doing. My threads are enmeshed in a similar theme and so it is confusing to sort out replies of others and my own. However, I am very pleased for through them all I have learned so much about the Oneness that we are all part of and in fact your direct responses are amongst the ones I learn from most. So please, do not apologize and continue to respond in the manner you do.
I choose not to start new threads for a while because for now, I feel more inspired to contribute to threads started by others or to respond to others who post replies in my threads.

And that's about it!

DadBurnett

Instigator
We all have a thumb opposing the other four fingers (or at least we are supposed to). This is what makes us different from animals and makes us the same as each other.
Well now ... you might take a look at many of the other primates, many have such thumbs. The primary difference is that the human thumb has msore movement than the other primates.

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
I really like the way you put it Steviehummingbird, and it does not take away from the thread but adds to it. As you said, "We are one in many ways and separate in a few, the few make us more divine," to me means we are individual expressions of the divine.
I love it! Well put!

Thank you kindly for your contribution.

I am glad you liked and understood it.:)