• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What kind of a Hindu am I?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Why is that? I am genuinely curious.

Rama cut off the head of a sudra named Shambuka, while he was doing Tapa, without a warning.
I find no comfort in a Casteist God.

N Parasurama for his terror scare and killing all kshatriyas kings, including the innocent ones, 21 times from this world.

Chakra

Premium Member
Rama cut off the head of a sudra named Shambuka, while he was doing Tapa, without a warning.
I find no comfort in a Casteist God.
I highly doubt that this is the entire story. Do you have the verses from the Ramayana?

N Parasurama for his terror scare and killing all kshatriyas kings, including the innocent ones, 21 times from this world.
Well, doesn't the story go that the kshatirya kings were extremely haughty and abusive?

Subhankar Zac

I highly doubt that this is the entire story. Do you have the verses from the Ramayana?

Well, doesn't the story go that the kshatirya kings were extremely haughty and abusive?

That's what you have to find as you're the curious one, love.
Its been a long time since I've read the Ramayana or my aunt would read it to me.

Yes, the kshatriya race was evil but not all of them.
Also Parasurama was even going to kill Rama for accidentally breaking the bow of Shiva at the swayamvara of Sita.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what you have to find as you're the curious one, love.
Its been a long time since I've read the Ramayana or my aunt would read it to me.

Yes, the kshatriya race was evil but not all of them.
Also Parasurama was even going to kill Rama for accidentally breaking the bow of Shiva at the swayamvara of Sita.
Parashurama is a plenary portion of the Lord. Parashurama was not God, but he is a very spiritually advanced soul. Parashurama wanted to kill Lord Rama because he lost his composure and got angry at him, due to the broken bow. Lord Rama shows that he is Lord Vishnu by assuming his 4 armed form, and thus Parashurama was pacified.

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
Parashurama is a plenary portion of the Lord. Parashurama was not God, but he is a very spiritually advanced soul. Parashurama wanted to kill Lord Rama because he lost his composure and got angry at him, due to the broken bow. Lord Rama shows that he is Lord Vishnu by assuming his 4 armed form, and thus Parashurama was pacified.

I have the video:

Subhankar Zac

I just don't wish to venerate a man or sage or God who is so temperamental.