• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your Worldview?

Which One Are You

• Believer

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Skeptic

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Both/Other

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I believe in multiple gods. Im a pantheist, polytheist, and animist. I'm a skeptic who questions even my own beliefs.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm a Wiccan and a Spiritualist. I believe in multiple gods and goddesses, and I believe in spirits (human spirits, elemental beings, and other inhumane entities). I was a Christian for the majority of my life, but I renounced my Christian faith about a year and a half ago.

Last edited:

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I believe in something.

"I know and have knowledge that humans are divine beings trying to use our extropy to understand and harness the power of Nature, Thee God, The Omniverse. We are in the process of controlling the entire Omniverse with our technology, generosity, wisdom, sovereignty and unity as we resurrect the dead and we create a more divine, and fair, Omniverse. Nature outputs energy in entropic ways but we will eventually have the power to control that output from an orderly fashion."

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What surprises me is that I am driven by a hatred of particular evils, and I think this is true for a lot of people. It is stronger then either belief or skepticism.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I believe in a reality of intellect and sensing that grows into the known physical nature. I call it Logicality/Effectuality because it goes beyond physical feelings and emotions, and intellect is made for logic and reason.

I believe an afterlife is very possible.

I'm skeptical of my beliefs because I rely on philosophical proof, and not scientific evidence.

I'm skeptical but I'm convinced of my intuitions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What are your Spiritual/Religious beliefs. Your worldview as I like to call it.

Are you a Believer in Gods/Spirits, a Skeptic, or Both/Other
I don't have a belief. But I am intrigued with nature's Erector/Lego set called the Periodic Table of Elements.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What surprises me is that I am driven by a hatred of particular evils, and I think this is true for a lot of people. It is stronger then either belief or skepticism.
I suspect you are very right about a lot of people being driven by hatred. We are animals, after all, with an animal brain, and hate is a very easy, very powerful, and very consuming emotion.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I am a believer, because I have experiences that are consistent with a cosmos that is alive and made up of other-than-human persons.

I am a skeptic because I doubt my own--or anyone's--ability to know enough or well enough to REALLY understand what the source of my experiences/their experiences/everyone's experiences are.

Suave

Simulated character
I agree with the notion of us being simulated. God is the hypothetical controller of simulations, a reality based virtual world programmer of human consciousness. As such God can disrupt the laws governing our simulated universe in order to resurrect his favorite characters. It's not lights out and game over when the ionic currents cease flowing across the neurons of God's favorite character's minds. God brings their favorite characters back to life in a paradise virtual reality world.

5 Reasons You May Be Living in a Simulation | Answers With Joe

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I am a believer, because I have experiences that are consistent with a cosmos that is alive and made up of other-than-human persons.

I am a skeptic because I doubt my own--or anyone's--ability to know enough or well enough to REALLY understand what the source of my experiences/their experiences/everyone's experiences are.

This is just about where I stand as well.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

I believe humans can create amazing societies without supernatural help. We might not succeed, but we have the capability to. This is a belief I cannot defend logically, as is the nature of beliefs.

Heyo

Veteran Member

A worldview, in my opinion, is more than just spiritual/religious beliefs.
And it isn't a dichotomy either. Even most believers, who allow for magic in their worldview, are realists in most everyday matters. Some even call themselves scientists.
And additional to the view of how orderly the world is, I'd add image of man to be a part in one's worldview. My (informed) belief is that most humans are good, most of the time.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Voted sceptic.though i think its a poor word. Everyone is sceptical of something. And I don't question supernatural beliefs, they are of the imagination and people can think whatever they want.

Belief? Fairness across governments and societies, not just your own group who believe as you do but across the world... I see that as my world view

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I'm told by human men. I'm a human.
I'm told as a human...
men said God is a planet and ours....is holy earth. Not like other planets.

So it's agreeable advice. It's just a natural human talking quoting I hereby name names.

I'm told earth is a circle body. Proven by number use taught 1 to 12 light then dark. Cycles by circle 1 to 12
Same numbers. Why these numbers are the only holy number use.

Agreeable. I'm not skeptical about simple natural only human observations.

I am skeptical about humans false preaching theisms science of God as life is proven sacrificed by human sciences.

RestlessSoul

A worldview, in my opinion, is more than just spiritual/religious beliefs.
And it isn't a dichotomy either. Even most believers, who allow for magic in their worldview, are realists in most everyday matters. Some even call themselves scientists.
And additional to the view of how orderly the world is, I'd add image of man to be a part in one's worldview. My (informed) belief is that most humans are good, most of the time.

There has to be room for magic in my world view; there has to be wonder, and mystery and awe, these are qualities that give immeasurable value to life. I prefer the term miraculous to magical, but I know you don’t use the word magic pejoratively, so I won’t take issue.

What could be more miraculous than a fathomless universe wherein sentient beings, emerging from the furnace of the stars, look back at those stars and wonder? We are the universe become conscious, coming to know and understand itself. This is our destiny and our divine purpose, and anyone who honestly questions without prejudice the world within and without them, be they scientist, poet, philosopher or theologian, is helping fulfil this purpose.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What could be more miraculous than a fathomless universe wherein sentient beings, emerging from the furnace of the stars, look back at those stars and wonder? We are the universe become conscious, coming to know and understand itself. This is our destiny and our divine purpose, and anyone who honestly questions without prejudice the world within and without them, be they scientist, poet, philosopher or theologian, is helping fulfil this purpose.
I look at the "miraculous" world and ask myself "how does this work, how did it come to be" and don't insert a magical being into my thoughts about it. That's about the difference between a typical believer and me.