• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your view of the socalled Mystical path within religions?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is your view of mystical paths within the religions?
If your view is that it is wrong or false, can you explain why you view it as such?

If your view is that it is good to practice mystical paths, can you explain a little about your understanding of those mystical paths?

or maybe you are neutral?

Edit: the OP does not speak of one specific mystical path, but all of those paths who are seen as mystical

It's how Satan sneaks astrology and other soothsayer stuff into a religion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So everyone who is on an esoteric path is a follower of Satan in your view? Bold statement

Not everyone, most people start off innocent, but it should be warning signs when a Sheikh/Teacher does similar stuff to Tarrot Card readings but with Ilmel Jaffar (a book of numerology attributed to Imam Jaffar (a) but obviously is from Satan same way people followed sorcery of Satan and attributed to Sulaiman (a)) or opening Quran random page, random verse, and then explaining it.

And for example, it's found even in Shiite books, in books of mefatihal Jinaan, the numerology in old classic versions, as well, AlQummi in his tafsir, you can read says about the stars sworn by God, it's about the twelve Zodiac Signs and even tells their animal (each of them). I can link you to the tafsir online.

It's a fact this stuff sneaked itself to Islam. And this is to no surprise after all Gog and Magog planned day and night, till, they got children of Israel confused about magic themselves. So then infiltration of religious leadership is not a new thing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not everyone, most people start off innocent, but it should be warning signs when a Sheikh/Teacher does similar stuff to Tarrot Card readings but with Ilmel Jaffar (a book of numerology attributed to Imam Jaffar (a) but obviously is from Satan same way people followed sorcery of Satan and attributed to Sulaiman (a)) or opening Quran random page, random verse, and then explaining it.

And for example, it's found even in Shiite books, in books of mefatihal Jinaan, the numerology in old classic versions, as well, AlQummi in his tafsir, you can read says about the stars sworn by God, it's about the twelve Zodiac Signs and even tells their animal (each of them). I can link you to the tafsir online.

It's a fact this stuff sneaked itself to Islam. And this is to no surprise after all Gog and Magog planned day and night, till, they got children of Israel confused about magic themselves. So then infiltration of religious leadership is not a new thing.
I can not speak for other Sufis or others who are indifferent esoteric paths, but my own teacher has never mentioned we should use Tarot cards or any form of divination. The Sufi path I am on is about becoming like Allah from within our spiritual heart (not become Allah, do not mix those two thoughts)
All the esoteric happens from within our spiritual heart.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can not speak for other Sufis or others who are indifferent esoteric paths, but my own teacher has never mentioned we should use Tarot cards or any form of divination. The Sufi path I am on is about becoming like Allah from within our spiritual heart (not become Allah, do not mix those two thoughts)
All the esoteric happens from within our spiritual heart.

What is your Sufi path? I will research but as far I am aware, all Sufi Teachers follow some form of numerology and divination. I can be wrong, so I will research into yours.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm telling you even Shiite Scholars do this divination thing. It's deep infiltration to the point, no one is willing to call divination for what it is because it's so widespread and every community has respected and honored leaders who do it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Kabala does it too. So I'm not personally aware of any spiritual "mystic path" that has not integrated Satanic rituals and magic into it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One of the most respected scholars (Al-Qumi) of the past was into numerology, Zodiac signs, etc.

If Al-Qummi who is deemed one of the most pious scholars went into it, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone is left that is deemed pious and is not into it. (very few left)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is your Sufi path? I will research but as far I am aware, all Sufi Teachers follow some form of numerology and divination. I can be wrong, so I will research into yours.
I do not say it is not in the teaching, but it can be taught on a level I am not on, so I have not heard my teacher speak of it, Osmanli Naksibendi is the Sufi teaching I learning to follow

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Kabala does it too. So I'm not personally aware of any spiritual "mystic path" that has not integrated Satanic rituals and magic into it.
Do you call it satanic because you are afraid of the info one could get from the Tarot cards? is it that you do not understand how it can work?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I personally believe Quran said in three places, not to attribute purity in ourselves:

1. Surah Nisa - context, religious leaders of Christians and Jews were opposing Mohammad (s) and his family (a) Authority based on "their Authority" from God and the Prophets (a), who truly is supposed to inherit this authority and claim purity, those chosen by God (like Mohammad (s)) or leaders chosen by people and attributed "righteousness" by people? This is the context of this one.

2. Surah Noor - context, some people now into Islam saw themselves sexual more pure then others and began to bad mouth and spread rumors about believers doing sexual deviated acts with no proof, God said, where it not for his compassion, no one would have been attributed purity (that he manifested Mohammad (s) as pure out of compassion to guide us, not so we get full of ourselves after he purifies a bit), and that this should not lead us to think we can attribute purity to ourselves and talk as if we are sexual less prone to deviance then others (gossip pride results from this).

3. Surah Najm - Soothsayers claimed they represented gods/angels/jinn and had some sort of higher connection, God says he knows best who has taqwa, and they have no proof they are more righteous or pure then others in guiding them.

Over all the message to me, is purity and righteous is to be claimed by those appointed by God and we can know people once they die, what state sometimes they are in or from hadiths, but it's really for God to appoint us leaders/guides and teachers he attributes as higher status and pure.

This is my view. And this why I'm alone right now in my path.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you call it satanic because you are afraid of the info one could get from the Tarot cards? is it that you do not understand how it can work?

I understand how it works too well. It's not that I don't understand, I very well know it's not Angels.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I understand how it works too well. It's not that I don't understand, I very well know it's not Angels.
How many times have you seen it been done, or tried either tarot or divination yourself? I do not say I support it, or think it is right or wrong. But I have tried both in the past and as long Satan is not invocated or evocated to help, it is very little chance it is a satanic thing to do.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How many times have you seen it been done, or tried either tarot or divination yourself? I do not say I support it, or think it is right or wrong. But I have tried both in the past and as long Satan is not invocated or evocated to help, it is very little chance it is a satanic thing to do.

It messed up my life. I don't want to go more details, shameful it is that I went to these people.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It messed up my life. I don't want to go more details, shameful it is that I went to these people.
So actually this is more that you are ashamed of yourself than that you think those who try it are devils or satan. You are driven by your own guilt on this topic

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So actually this is more that you are ashamed of yourself than that you think those who try it are devils or satan. You are driven by your own guilt on this topic

People tell themselves like all soothsayers do this that it's Angels and good spirits or demi-gods or gods or kamis whatever you want to call them, depending on the culture, but know deep inside, deep inside, it's devils and that Mohammad (s) warned us about all this for a reason.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
People tell themselves like all soothsayers do this that it's Angels and good spirits or demi-gods or gods or kamis whatever you want to call them, depending on the culture, but know deep inside, deep inside, it's devils and that Mohammad (s) warned us about all this for a reason.
But is it right of you to judge other people, if you have stepped wrong on the exact things you call evil for trying? is not that also against Islam?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are driven by your own guilt on this topic

There is proverb "Ali will not even misguide a madman" and then there is a proverb "if Satan opens you up a thousand doors of good, it's only to destroy by the next one, so oppose him and reject his charm".

I truly believe in relying on God by going to the family of the reminder and basing your life on Quran and Ahlulbayt (a) with clear insights and proofs.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But is it right of you to judge other people, if you have stepped wrong on the exact things you call evil for trying? is not that also against Islam?

If I was currently doing it, it would be hypocrisy. But I'm not currently doing this stuff.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If I was currently doing it, it would be hypocrisy. But I'm not currently doing this stuff.
To be honest, you are often very very close to that line in many of your own OP`s and I think it is why so many often can feel offended by what you write about, or they "debunk" your claims