• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Ajax

In the sense you are citing John 1:1, the Word was not the "second person" of God, but rather who the Almighty spoke through, or used to create all things. And in that sense, the Word can certainly be called a God, and in order to avoid confusion the term "a God" is applicable. Since it was the will of God expressed orally for the creation, yes, it makes sense to realize that the Word can aptly be called a God. Remember--Jesus had problems when he was accused of calling himself God, yet he referred to the Psalm which said they, too (judges) were termed as 'gods.'
How can the word of God (will, instructions, rules etc.) can be God itself?
Jesus words were metaphorical, not literal.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Everyone may have, different favorite scriptures, different beliefs, different Holy scriptures. But we have many things in common, love for our Holy Scriptures and the comfort we receive from them, love for one another, friendship, kindness, joy and happiness we can share with one another. :) :twohearts: :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

walt

Why do psychologists say "And how does that make you feel"?

Many years ago I was doing a tile repair for a psychologist, And I asked him this question, What is the best thing I could start doing that would help me in any type of relationship?

He said this: in this famous quote, this information helps me with family relationships, husband and wife, relatives You name it.

Maya Angelou was the source of a lot of wisdom over the course of her amazing life and career, exemplified by one of her most famous quotes: I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ask each person questions to find out one thing:
"And how does that make you feel"? :sparklingheart:
Then start doing what makes people feel better, about what means the most to the other person!

Last edited:

walt

Why do psychologists say "And how does that make you feel"?

Many years ago I was doing a tile repair for a psychologist, And I asked him this question, What is the best thing I could start doing that would help me in any type of relationship?

He said this: in this famous quote, this information helps me with family relationships, husband and wife, relatives You name it.

Maya Angelou was the source of a lot of wisdom over the course of her amazing life and career, exemplified by one of her most famous quotes: I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ask each person questions to find out one thing:
"And how does that make you feel"? :sparklingheart:
Then start doing what makes people feel better, about what means the most to the other person!
Adding to my previous comments..

Billions of people around the world, make others feel good, so much they both decide to get married, just think of how Wonderful their marriage would grow into day by day, if they kept doing the things they did when they first met? :) :twohearts: :sparklingheart:

walt

Is anyone interested in seeing some scriptures about some good things that are to happen in the future? :sparklingheart:

Happy things that give us hope.

walt

Everyone has favorite scriptures to support their beliefs, if we only use favorite scriptures alone, could it be possible that our belief might be missing some valuable information from another scripture?

You pick the belief, we could give it a try?

I'm not trying to start debates, I just really enjoy engaging with others about subjects people feel is important. :sparklingheart: :rolleyes:

walt

Just a few, I read the bible a few times cover to cover and the NT many times, and Revelation, many times many. :)
Good things to happen in the future :sparklingheart: [ Only scripture ] Read the surrounding text so nothing is understood out of context.

click below to see all scriptures Sorry there are many scriptures, maybe you will find a few useful?
"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. --Psalms 37:10-11

May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. --Matthew 6:10 New Living Translation

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, --Daniel 2:44, Luke 1:31-33, Isaiah 9:6-7

A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever. -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever. --Psalms 104:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. --Matthew 5:5

But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness. --2 Peter 3:13, Isaiah, 66:22

And the righteous ones inherit the Earth and dwell upon it for eternity. --Psalms 37:29 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look, God’s dwelling is with humanity, and he will live with them. They will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them and will be their God. --Revelation 21:1-3 Christian standard Bible

enjoy good health and youthful energy.—Job 33:25

have plenty to eat, a comfortable home, and satisfying work.—Psalm 72:16; Isaiah 65:21, 22

experience abundance of peace. —Psalm 37:11

He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Yahweh will wipe away the tears from all faces. --Isaiah 25:8

And no resident* will say: “I am sick.” —Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6.

justice will reside in the wilderness, And righteousness will dwell —Isaiah 32:16, 17

He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. —Psalm 46:9.

For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart. —Isaiah 65:17."

Last edited:

walt

I neither love or hate God, but I care about God, regarding what God wants from me.
There's a lot of things in life that I can consider rotten in my life, but I find a lot of comfort and thankfulness for my ability to see in color, My ability to walk, my ability to taste all kinds of drinks and foods, My ability to feel the sunshine, my ability to feel the kindness others give me and I can give to others.

I feel you are a kind individual, I appreciate your kindness you have given me and I love the opportunity to share kindness in return. :sparklingheart:

Last edited: