• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your race? (US Forms)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was a story on Reddit once about a white African immigrant who put "African American" on a university form, believing it was the most accurate description of his etnicity, and was almost expelled for it.
I remember that story. Not on Reddit, it made the general news stories. At that time African-American had its own special meaning. In fact when Obama was first elected he was not an African-American by the definition found in Wikipedia at that time.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I always had a fondness for the Indianapolis 500. You might like a more European formula one race.

Ahh, a sore point? F1 is an international race rather like the human race. But like many international sports that the US cannot compete and be winner every time they created an all american race that only they can win. :p

Yes i am a big F1 fan and try go to at least one on the international events each year.

Did you know most Indy cars in the past have been made in England?

Shad

Veteran Member
You vile fiend!

I once got in trouble with your constabulary at the border.
I was cutting thru Canuckistan (from Detroit) to get to NY.
I had no stops in between...I was just passing thru your
country. When they asked me where I was going, it didn't
occur to me to say NY, cuz that's not even in Canuckistan.
So I said "Canada".
He got really angry,
I guess cuz he thought it was a joke. Fortunately it
wasn't....you guys have no sense of humor. You can
try to deny it....but I've seen Red Green.

Canada exports it's comedians to the US.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ahh, a sore point? F1 is an international race rather like the human race. But like many international sports that the US cannot compete and be winner every time they created an all american race that only they can win. :p

Yes i am a big F1 fan and try go to at least one on the international events each year.

Did you know most Indy cars in the past have been made in England?
I did not want to admit that I enjoy Nascar more. That is a circuit that has deep American roots. And the Indianapolis 500 has had European drivers that won the race. I am not that into auto racing. Nascar is about as basic as it gets.

Next time someone asks your race simply say "the twenty-four hours of Le Mans".

ChristineM

Premium Member
I did not want to admit that I enjoy Nascar more. That is a circuit that has deep American roots. And the Indianapolis 500 has had European drivers that won the race. I am not that into auto racing. Nascar is about as basic as it gets.

Next time someone asks your race simply say "the twenty-four hours of Le Mans".

Been there, too long, i lost interest after about 5 hours.

My heart is in F1.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Le Castellet?

Formula 1 Le Castellet 2020 | Secure Tickets now & experience it live!

I have never watched an entire Formula 1 race. But I have watched an entire Formula E race on YouTube.

Not been to a French F1 at le castellet, last race i saw here was at Magny Cours in 2007, unless you count Monaco as being in France

i used to do track days and have some interesting experiences, my F1 hero is Lewis Hamilton who i met at an event and he taught me a couple of "tricks of the trade". Which cut 7 seconds of my lap time of the Nurburgring, i did a full lap in under 8 minutes.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Because they've no audience at home.

Yeah, mercan's are like that, if they cannot compete they ignore the event.

But it looks like its changing, there has been enough interest for an American F1 race to be held annually for the last 12 years

Still light on competitive drivers but at least you are trying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, mercan's are like that, if they cannot compete they ignore the event.

But it looks like its changing, there has been enough interest for an American F1 race to be held annually for the last 12 years

Still light on competitive drivers but at least you are trying.
Oh, boy....another boring kind of racing.
We don't have enuf of that already.