• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Your Favourite Argument For God.

The Neo Nerd

Ok so tell me what your favourite argument for the existence of god is.

My favourite is Ray Comforts banana argument.

[youtube]2z-OLG0KyR4[/youtube]
‪Kirk Cameron And Bananas‬‏ - YouTube

This one is my favourite because it is INCREDIBLY stupid. There are two main reasons for this.

A. Every single other piece of fruit does not contain these properties and the banana does not grow everywhere around the world.

B. The banana that he is talking about does not occur naturally in the wild.

-Q

nocturnalavalonian

Seeker of Knowledge
There are so many definitions for the word "God" that you could never truly be a complete atheist, for at some point there's going to be a definition by someone, the existence of which cannot be refuted. For instance, a pantheist would say his God is nature - well, nature exists, so so does his God. My favourite however was one I once heard from a colleague who thought that HE was God, and that everything else ,including all the people were just in his imagination.

Last edited:

freethinker44

Yeah the banana one. I like how everything he says in that video is the opposite of what actually happens in reality. The video responses to that one are classic.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.

The Neo Nerd

If i had to pick one that i like because it comes as close to being effective, it would be the argument from design.

I'm not surprised it is the one we see the most around here.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Quaxotic,

What Is Your Favourite Argument For God.

None!
God or CONSCIOUSNESS is beyond MIND and mind is that argues and still mind is when Consciousness IS. So there can be no arguments for or against Consciousness / God

Love & rgds

The Neo Nerd

There are some members on this forum that use this one.

77. PEACOCK ARGUMENT FROM SELECTIVE MEMORY
(1) [Christian asks "stumper" question.]
(2) [Atheist answers question.]
(3) [A lapse of time]
(4) [Christian repeats question.]
(5) [Atheist repeats answer.]
(6) [A lapse of time]
(7) [Christian repeats question.]
(8) [Atheist repeats answer.]
(9) [A lapse of time]
(10) [Atheist leaves in frustration.]
(11) Atheist, you never answered my question.
(12) Therefore, God exists.

earlwooters

Now we are back to that age old question that nobody ever answers on this forum. Out of the hundreds of Gods that are claimed to exist, which one are you reffering to? Don't answer "any", just name one please. Generic "Gods" are hard to come by. How can the question be answered if we don't know which God you are reffering to?

freethinker44

Now we are back to that age old question that nobody ever answers on this forum. Out of the hundreds of Gods that are claimed to exist, which one are you reffering to? Don't answer "any", just name one please. Generic "Gods" are hard to come by. How can the question be answered if we don't know which God you are reffering to?

In this case I think "any god" is reasonable. Most of these arguments apply to more than one god anyways. Although, there is no reason to enable compartmentalizing so if you want a specific god, let's go with your god.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Why can't the answer be ALL of them?

Otherright

Otherright
Here's my favorite argument for God.

A. God is real.
B. No he isn't.
A. Uh-huh.

Anything beyond that and it starts getting silly, on both sides.

Otherright

Otherright
Ok so tell me what your favourite argument for the existence of god is.

My favourite is Ray Comforts banana argument.

[youtube]2z-OLG0KyR4[/youtube]
‪Kirk Cameron And Bananas‬‏ - YouTube

This one is my favourite because it is INCREDIBLY stupid. There are two main reasons for this.

A. Every single other piece of fruit does not contain these properties and the banana does not grow everywhere around the world.

B. The banana that he is talking about does not occur naturally in the wild.

-Q

The two funniest parts are
a) when he talks about the stages of freshness, he is inferring that God exists because fruit rots.
b) his pop tab reference. Bananas are actually easier to peel from the other end. Put your thumb over the tip, press down, it splits right open without even harming the banana.

The Neo Nerd

I forgot about Bill O'reilly's proof of god.

[youtube]wb3AFMe2OQY[/youtube]
‪Bill O'Reilly vs David Silverman - Tide Goes In, Tide Goes Out‬‏ - YouTube

I have to say that this would have to be FAR stupider than Comfort's banana argument.

Since the fact that the banana we eat now does not occur naturally in nature is not taught in schools, comfort can only be accused of ignorance of logical fallacies.

But the fact that the moon causes the tides is a widely known fact and (hopefully) taught in all schools, Bill O'Reilly can be accused of sheer stupidity and ignorance.

-Q

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I have to say that this would have to be FAR stupider than Comfort's banana argument.

Since the fact that the banana we eat now does not occur naturally in nature is not taught in schools, comfort can only be accused of ignorance of logical fallacies.

But the fact that the moon causes the tides is a widely known fact and (hopefully) taught in all schools, Bill O'Reilly can be accused of sheer stupidity and ignorance.

-Q
Or "grasping at straws"...