• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your definition of religion?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Inspired by @Conscious thoughts 's thread. Mine? I'm not even gonna touch a definition. Too hard to come up with one that encompasses all religions. If you say your belief system is a religion then it is one. I'm not gonna argue. Most atheists don't say they are a religion. Thus I don't believe they are a religion. Some Satanists say they are others say they are just a philosophy rather then a religion. I consider my beliefs religious tho some dont. I might have a definition but I find it hard to word it.

I tend to think of religion in terms of practice rather than belief. An atheist can be religious, and a theist can be non-religious.

I am both an atheist, and non-religious. I'd suggest that's the most common position amongst atheists.

We Never Know

No Slack
I tend to think of religion in terms of practice rather than belief. An atheist can be religious, and a theist can be non-religious.

I am both an atheist, and non-religious. I'd suggest that's the most common position amongst atheists.

A hunter can be referred to as hunting religiously, meaning they do it regularly and are very serious about it.