• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your Belief? A statistic for RF

Which choice do you identify yourself the most?

• I am an Atheists

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I am an agnostic

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I believe in a Revealed Religion (Abrahamic or non-Abrahamic)

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • I believe in a Non-revealed Religion

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I don't know yet. Not sure what I believe.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I believe in a God, but do not believe in any Religion.

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

Niatero

*banned*
Thanks for answering these questions. Does that mean that you believe in doing this?
And now as I look into the future, I hope to see the friends at all times, in every land, and of every shade of thought and character, voluntarily and joyously rallying round their local and in particular their national centres of activity, upholding and promoting their interests with complete unanimity and contentment, with perfect understanding, genuine enthusiasm, and sustained vigour. This indeed is the one joy and yearning of my life, for it is the fountainhead from which all future blessings will flow, the broad foundation upon which the security of the Divine Edifice must ultimately rest.…
- Shoghi Effendi, 24 September 1924, to the Bahá’ís of America

And you believe this?
And when this Supreme Body will have been properly established, it will have to consider afresh the whole situation, and lay down the principle which shall direct, so long as it deems advisable, the affairs of the Cause.
- Shoghi Effendi, 12 March 1923

InvestigateTruth

Thanks for answering these questions. Does that mean that you believe in doing this?

- Shoghi Effendi, 24 September 1924, to the Bahá’ís of America

And you believe this?

- Shoghi Effendi, 12 March 1923

Yes, eveyone who is a Baha'i tries, according to their ability to practice the teachings of Baha'u'llah, Abdulbaha, Shoghi Effendi, and also participate in Plans set by Universal House of Justice.

Niatero

*banned*
Yes, eveyone who is a Baha'i tries, according to their ability to practice the teachings of Baha'u'llah, Abdulbaha, Shoghi Effendi, and also participate in Plans set by Universal House of Justice.
Thank you. So would you agree with saying that your God is telling you to voluntarily and joyously rally round yiur national spiritual assembly, upholding and promoting its interests with complete unanimity and contentment, with perfect understanding, genuine enthusiasm, and sustained vigour?

InvestigateTruth

Thank you. So would you agree with saying that your God is telling you to voluntarily and joyously rally round yiur national spiritual assembly, upholding and promoting its interests with complete unanimity and contentment, with perfect understanding, genuine enthusiasm, and sustained vigour?
Yap.

Niatero

*banned*
What is your understanding of your national assembly’s interests? Do “framework for action” “core activities,” “institute training,” “milestones of growth” and “community building” mean anything to you?

Also, considering this:
And when this Supreme Body will have been properly established, it will have to consider afresh the whole situation, and lay down the principle which shall direct, so long as it deems advisable, the affairs of the Cause.
Do you agree with your national assembly putting what your House of Justice is saying to do ahead of what is popular for people “teaching the Faith” in online forums?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

What is your understanding of your national assembly’s interests?

Bahais in each country have a national spiritual assembly. They provide guidance to Bahais, through Local assemblies. But they also have relationships with human right centers, PMs, etc. So, they are representative of the Bahais of the country (as I see it).

Do “framework for action” “core activities,”

core activities is a terminology among Bahais. It includes, ethical classes for children, devotional gatherings, firesides, and other gatherings to teach the teachings of the faith.
“institute training,”

An example of this, might be the Ruhi institute. They have written books, based on Bahai teachings. Bahais run gatherings and read and duscuss these books togethe and with others who are not Bahais, but are interested.

“milestones of growth” and “community building” mean anything to you?

Milestone growth, may refer to, activities that is aimed to spread the teachings of faith to all localities, towns of countries.
Community building is about inviting Bahais, as well as their friends who are non-Bahais to do certain activities together.

Also, considering this:

Do you agree with your national assembly putting what your House of Justice is saying to do ahead of what is popular for people “teaching the Faith” in online forums?

The guidance that Bahais received from Universal House of Justice, does not limit them, or make them do things only in a certain way. Everyone is free if they want to have online activities. But, I am not really teaching the faith in this online forum. I am here to have discussions. It may result in teaching faith, and also learning about other Religions for me.

Niatero

*banned*
Bahais in each country have a national spiritual assembly. They provide guidance to Bahais, through Local assemblies. But they also have relationships with human right centers, PMs, etc. So, they are representative of the Bahais of the country (as I see it).

core activities is a terminology among Bahais. It includes, ethical classes for children, devotional gatherings, firesides, and other gatherings to teach the teachings of the faith.

An example of this, might be the Ruhi institute. They have written books, based on Bahai teachings. Bahais run gatherings and read and duscuss these books togethe and with others who are not Bahais, but are interested.

Milestone growth, may refer to, activities that is aimed to spread the teachings of faith to all localities, towns of countries.
Community building is about inviting Bahais, as well as their friends who are non-Bahais to do certain activities together.

The guidance that Bahais received from Universal House of Justice, does not limit them, or make them do things only in a certain way. Everyone is free if they want to have online activities. But, I am not really teaching the faith in this online forum. I am here to have discussions. It may result in teaching faith, and also learning about other Religions for me.
Okay, thanks.