• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with believing in evolution?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
But we see a car and can't believe that has no designer so who can we believe that a cell that is zillion times more completed has no designer????
Is that what u want to say???

Please tell me
When before cell was created who knew that there are something visible or audible???
The same about smell and taste and touch????

This a philosophical law

U can't ask someone to give u something that he doesn't have.

When a mud hadn't have intelligence how it can be intelligent????

This must be borrowed from something else
Designs tends to have purpose and be optimal for purpose.

The extreme and unnecessary complexity suggests a highly randomized process.

Complexity does not mean design, rather the opposite.

sovietchild

Ultimately all species evolved from the sea (or sea creatures) if you go back far enough.

Crocodiles, alligators, dinosaurs all evolved from the Xilousuchus, a land dwelling creature, some 200 million years ago.

Okay, but Xilousuchus evolved from this (according to wiki)....

Qianosuchus_BW.jpg

interminable

منتظر
Yes.

God transcends time.

It's not 'this god' like it's some entity, it's just God. I am perfectly happy to say la illaha il-Allah.
Congratulations
But please notice that the oneness of God has lots of degrees
Are u willing to talk about it?

interminable

منتظر
Designs tends to have purpose and be optimal for purpose.

The extreme and unnecessary complexity suggests a highly randomized process.

Complexity does not mean design, rather the opposite.
The more something is complicated the more needs orderliness to work.
I suggest u to think about this
Please put all the parts of a car into a mixer and wait for years. Can it produce a car????

Kirran

Premium Member
Please put all the parts of a car into a mixer and wait for years. Can it produce a car????

Nope. But that's not what evolution is or how it works in any way, shape or form.

interminable

منتظر
Nope. But that's not what evolution is or how it works in any way, shape or form.
They say oxygen and hydrogen and 2 other elements are necessary for life.

So putting them back the crystal or in a mixer using lightning will produce a cell ????

Kirran

Premium Member
They say oxygen and hydrogen and 2 other elements are necessary for life.

So putting them back the crystal or in a mixer using lightning will produce a cell ????

Who says that? I am in the process of a degree in this area of science, and I can tell you that life includes more than four elements.

And the emergence of life was a long process, anyway. Keeping in mind that 'life' vs 'non-life' is a manmade category.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Evolution without a transcendental Soul results in eugenics.
Belief in a Soul whilst refuting evolution is partially lacking in observation, but harmless.
So how did racist killings happen prior to evolution, when creationism was all there was?

And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud. (26)
Some say dirt. Some say clay. Some say seeds. Some say rocks. Some say, I dunno what Prometheus had, a bag of body parts or something. Our DNA shows us what we really are.

I remember when the theory of a biochemical basis for mental illness was commonly believed to be a fact. I didn't believe then nor now in any such thing as a biochemical imbalance. I was considered ignorant and in denial. Then over the years evidence accumulated that psychiatric drugs don't treat biochemical imbalances but have been proved to cause biochemical imbalances.
I'm sure you have scholarly journals for this conclusion.

Would u please tell how and where did evolution get this info?
Certain chemicals started linking together. Some became self-replicating. "Organelles" were co-opted to protect the genetic information. A "cell" was born. Some cells started linking together. Some became self-replicating. Lots of cells started working together relatively efficiently with specialized functions. A "multicellular organism" was born.

Just watch
Expelled documentary
I've watched reviews of it. I lost a lot of respect for Ben Stein when I learned of this "movie".

I believe there is only one God who goes by many names. Both philosophy and experience have so far confirmed this for me.
Something similar to me, too. While I tend to view the God I worship as "El" (Yahweh's dad or something), who apparently was the OG God of the bible before the Yahwist cult developed, I also see it as one divine essence with many "usernames".

Can u tell me how sex was appeared??
Sex is just a fun macro version of how it started on a microscopic scale: two genetic materials mixing. That's it, really.

How Womb and breast of women were created?
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...mal_breast_development_and_changes_85,P00151/

How old is this god?
How old is yours? Can you prove your God existed prior to known written references to Him?

This is a bad argument that doesn't hold water. To use an analogy, a house is made up of many raw materials like bricks, wood, nails etc -- but the house doesn't build itself. It requires a blueprint, a plan, builders, labourers, basically people with a specific job to do.
And DNA uses enzymes and other "workers" to get stuff done.

But we see a car and can't believe that has no designer so who can we believe that a cell that is zillion times more completed has no designer????
Is that what u want to say???
Life is both more and less complicated than a lot of people make it out to be. "Complicated" is subjective and related to the individual student's intelligence, no?

When before cell was created who knew that there are something visible or audible???
The same about smell and taste and touch????
Until there were needs for such senses, they didn't exist.

When a mud hadn't have intelligence how it can be intelligent????
I think a lot of people also overestimate how much intelligence they have. I've met some people who could be outsmarted by "mere" animals. Lord knows I can't hit a fly for crap, LOL. I'm also used to "magic" mice, who are so smart they can always get the cheese without springing the trap. It was astounding to discover. I'm almost 40 and only recently have we EVER caught a mouse in a typical mouse trap. ONE. Out of a LOT. Clearly, they are smarter than us, LOL.

This fish (alligator gar fish) known for its ability to survive outside the water, being able to last for up to two hours above the surface.
And while they're indeed cool and creepy at the same time, a fish is not a reptile.

So, if God designed us, why don't we all "work"? Is He bad at His job?

If you want to skip a whole lot of steps first, of course ...

Brian Schuh

So how did racist killings happen prior to evolution, when creationism was all there was?

Some say dirt. Some say clay. Some say seeds. Some say rocks. Some say, I dunno what Prometheus had, a bag of body parts or something. Our DNA shows us what we really are.

I'm sure you have scholarly journals for this conclusion.

Certain chemicals started linking together. Some became self-replicating. "Organelles" were co-opted to protect the genetic information. A "cell" was born. Some cells started linking together. Some became self-replicating. Lots of cells started working together relatively efficiently with specialized functions. A "multicellular organism" was born.

I've watched reviews of it. I lost a lot of respect for Ben Stein when I learned of this "movie".

Something similar to me, too. While I tend to view the God I worship as "El" (Yahweh's dad or something), who apparently was the OG God of the bible before the Yahwist cult developed, I also see it as one divine essence with many "usernames".

Sex is just a fun macro version of how it started on a microscopic scale: two genetic materials mixing. That's it, really.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...mal_breast_development_and_changes_85,P00151/

How old is yours? Can you prove your God existed prior to known written references to Him?

And DNA uses enzymes and other "workers" to get stuff done.

Life is both more and less complicated than a lot of people make it out to be. "Complicated" is subjective and related to the individual student's intelligence, no?

Until there were needs for such senses, they didn't exist.

I think a lot of people also overestimate how much intelligence they have. I've met some people who could be outsmarted by "mere" animals. Lord knows I can't hit a fly for crap, LOL. I'm also used to "magic" mice, who are so smart they can always get the cheese without springing the trap. It was astounding to discover. I'm almost 40 and only recently have we EVER caught a mouse in a typical mouse trap. ONE. Out of a LOT. Clearly, they are smarter than us, LOL.

And while they're indeed cool and creepy at the same time, a fish is not a reptile.

So, if God designed us, why don't we all "work"? Is He bad at His job?

If you want to skip a whole lot of steps first, of course ...
Yes, there are scholarly journals. First read a book "Toxic Psychiatry" by Dr. Peter Breggin. Check out www.mindfreedom.org. That's for starters.

Kelly of the Phoenix

(looks at site)

Look, as someone who deals with psych issues myself, I'm all for plugging for the rights of neurodiverse community (a word I learned from my autistic boyfriend). Saying there are issues to fix is not the same thing as saying it's all crap, though. The last thing we need is to form knee-jerk "some starlet says I don't need my meds" reactions. Do I think we overmedicate? Yeah. Do I think a lot of stuff is diagnosed because someone felt inconvenienced? Yeah. Do I think you should stop giving the crazy person who thinks demons are telling them to kill kids their med? Nope.

Brian Schuh

(looks at site)

Look, as someone who deals with psych issues myself, I'm all for plugging for the rights of neurodiverse community (a word I learned from my autistic boyfriend). Saying there are issues to fix is not the same thing as saying it's all crap, though. The last thing we need is to form knee-jerk "some starlet says I don't need my meds" reactions. Do I think we overmedicate? Yeah. Do I think a lot of stuff is diagnosed because someone felt inconvenienced? Yeah. Do I think you should stop giving the crazy person who thinks demons are telling them to kill kids their med? Nope.
I don't need scholarly journals to know that Lithium caused my thyroid to fail causing a life threatening biochemical imbalance. I don't need scholarly journals to know zyprexa caused me to have hypoglycemia, another serious chemical imbalance. Support Coalition International doesn't tell people to take or not to take psychiatric drugs. Just that everyone, including the crazy person with demons commanding to kill, has a right to informed consent and a right to refuse.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

true, not only that, but cars leave a practically identical 'fossil record' to life- complete with gaps, leaps, sudden appearances of brand new fully formed features, shared traits, some dead ends, a few regressions, but a general trend towards bigger and better.

And likewise, blind chance cannot account for all the millions of significant design improvements implemented.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Nope. Disagree.

I suggest you do, because I have for many, many years.

No. But it will produce a lump of things that is something else.

But DNA is so convoluted and mixed up, not at all similar to a car. The analogy is flawed.

But let's take your analogy of making a car. First of all, there are thousands of people involved designing it. Therefore polytheism would be better comparison. Then, the car is built by robots, automation. That means evolution would be the automation process God(s) would use. Also, the car is built by existing components, which then mean that God(s) used existing matter to create the universe, not from nothing.

sovietchild

@interminable If alligator gar fish able to to breath for 2 hours a day then don't you think they will eventually over many years become better at breathing air? And, eventually lay eggs outside rather then in the water. And, what about the flying wish? Don't you think those fishes eventually will become better at flying? Whatever we do we become better at it.