• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with believing in evolution?

interminable

منتظر
That is a book. It's the belief in a book that creates the conflict.

There are Muslims who believe evolution to be true. It's all about how you interpret the book.

None at all? How do they know they're Muslims if they have no knowledge of their own religion? It's like saying that I'm a believer in plyxomorphia, but I have no clue what it is. They must have some form of knowledge, and if they're against evolution, it's because they've been told that the Quran says so, just like you did above.
There are some so called Muslims that betray Islam so that unbelievers don't.

interminable

منتظر
Evolution is like an algorithm to produce variation. Today, software engineers use similar methods to create variation in computer games. They're designers, but of a different kind. Smart designers, you could call them, instead of old fashioned hands-on carving-out-of-wood designers.
Please
DNA is a source of information

Would u please tell how and where did evolution get this info?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
That's based on your opinion and belief, as I said, it's belief that creates the conflicts, just like you're displaying here. You're confirming what I'm saying. The conflict rests on belief.

interminable

منتظر
That's based on your opinion and belief, as I said, it's belief that creates the conflicts, just like you're displaying here. You're confirming what I'm saying. The conflict rests on belief.
Do u accept that in every field of science those who have no knowledge should go and ask from a knowledgeable man in that field????

Kirran

Premium Member
We have lots of traditions that say God created Adam in this shape and then made it alive. All suddenly not gradually.

Besides those who believe in evolution they don't believe in a designer

I suppose there is variation among Muslims on this point. Many Muslims are theistic evolutionists.

I am a theistic evolutionist myself, of course.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Please
DNA is a source of information

Would u please tell how and where did evolution get this info?
It's part of nature.

DNA is a physical thing, not a magical supernatural thing. It can be picked apart and analyzed. It's a thing. The "information" that people claim that it has is not any more than information that rests in superpositions of quarks, gravitational interactions of millions of stars, or chemical processes that are fundamentally based on physical constraints. It's all part of nature.

The DNA contains chains of genes, and the genes are made up of codons. The codons are made out of sugar, phosphorous, and nucleotides. The combinations of the codons is actually limited, and it only map to 20 different peptides, even though there are more forms of nucleotides, other ways to chain them, and other peptides in the world, only these few are been selected by nature, and the combinations of a series of codons comes to some 20^500 combinations (if I remember correctly). That's quadrillion times the number of letters in all our books and literature in the world. There's no new information, it was always there. It's part of nature.

interminable

منتظر
I suppose there is variation among Muslims on this point. Many Muslims are theistic evolutionists.

I am a theistic evolutionist myself, of course.
You?
Please you're kidding me

U said a believe in god but I asked which god?? U said god

This not what we are talking about.

I'm speaking as a Muslim but u?

Kirran

Premium Member
You?
Please you're kidding me

U said a believe in god but I asked which god?? U said god

This not what we are talking about.

I'm speaking as a Muslim but u?

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

I was talking about how many Muslims believe in God and also accept the reality of evolution.

I mentioned that I also believe in God and accept the reality of evolution. That's what theistic evolutionist means.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Do u accept that in every field of science those who have no knowledge should go and ask from a knowledgeable man in that field????
Not sure what you mean. Since I have studied and talked to knowledgeable people (not just men, but actually women scientists as well), I know that evolution is true (also from the classes I've taken where I saw and even worked a little with evidence), so to me, the conflict is all in people heads. The conflict is between what scientists say and what holy books say. I know that the scientists are right in this case, so I know that the holy books are wrong... or simply wrongly interpreted by the believers. So it all comes down to belief.

interminable

منتظر
It's part of nature.

DNA is a physical thing, not a magical supernatural thing. It can be picked apart and analyzed. It's a thing. The "information" that people claim that it has is not any more than information that rests in superpositions of quarks, gravitational interactions of millions of stars, or chemical processes that are fundamentally based on physical constraints. It's all part of nature.

The DNA contains chains of genes, and the genes are made up of codons. The codons are made out of sugar, phosphorous, and nucleotides. The combinations of the codons is actually limited, and it only map to 20 different peptides, even though there are more forms of nucleotides, other ways to chain them, and other peptides in the world, only these few are been selected by nature, and the combinations of a series of codons comes to some 20^500 combinations (if I remember correctly). That's quadrillion times the number of letters in all our books and literature in the world. There's no new information, it was always there. It's part of nature.
I didn't say they are supernatural
I asked where did u get them?

Even love that we can't see it has physical activity in our body

interminable

منتظر
Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

I was talking about how many Muslims believe in God and also accept the reality of evolution.

I mentioned that I also believe in God and accept the reality of evolution. That's what theistic evolutionist means.
I'm a Muslim and should uphold to my religion but what are u upholding to???

U have no scripture so it's easy for u to believe in a fake god and simultaneously evolution.

interminable

منتظر
Not sure what you mean. Since I have studied and talked to knowledgeable people (not just men, but actually women scientists as well), I know that evolution is true (also from the classes I've taken where I saw and even worked a little with evidence), so to me, the conflict is all in people heads. The conflict is between what scientists say and what holy books say. I know that the scientists are right in this case, so I know that the holy books are wrong... or simply wrongly interpreted by the believers. So it all comes down to belief.
Just watch
Expelled documentary

I think it's worth it

Kirran

Premium Member

U have no scripture so it's easy for u to believe in a fake god and simultaneously evolution.

You seem to have changed the subject. If you want to discuss this feel free to open up a new thread. I won't continue discussing it with you here because this thread is about evolution.

interminable

منتظر
You seem to have changed the subject. If you want to discuss this feel free to open up a new thread. I won't continue discussing it with you here because this thread is about evolution.
Nope. I didn't. U said a person like me can be believer and simultaneously believe in evolution.
I say Muslims can't because it's against the holy quran

Kirran

Premium Member
Nope. I didn't. U said a person like me can be believer and simultaneously believe in evolution.
I say Muslims can't because it's against the holy quran

I just pointed out the large numbers of Muslims, including the majorities in many countries, who would disagree with you.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

And how do you know Kirran's god is fake? Have you looked for yourself?

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member

Incoherent tripe. How do unbelievers betray something they do not believe in.... How does Muslims accepting a model prevent such a nonsensical betrayal