• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong (or right) with inter-racial and inter-religious marriages?

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
I have to ask why are humans who can create civilizations and books infused with wise words or have cities named after specific cultures, against the exchange of culture whether it’s food or our very sons and daughters?

What example or excuse could one make where they are against the sharing of culture and religion with another member of the same species?
In my tradition it is actively encouraged to marry beyond one's own "caste" (if any) or local culture or ethnic background. But it is discouraged to marry outside the tradition unless the future partner is prepared to join the tradition (start practising) and raise any children in the same way.

If the parents are going to disagree about how the children will be raised, that is not a good thing, nor is it good if one of the partners will not join the collective spiritual practices.

Shad

Veteran Member
What example or excuse could one make where they are against the sharing of culture and religion with another member of the same species?

If it is extremist and hold ideas regressive ideas which are against modern norms of an area. For example the culture propagated by Nazism needs to became a footnote of history instead of being reformed as some modern groups have attempt to do.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I just think people that believe this way are backwards. This is my opinion just I’m sure you think parts if not all Islam is backwards.
You are welcome to your views and I think you are aware that many people will differ from this view, especially Hindus. To tell you frankly, I think the whole of Islam is most backward religion (Muslim actions all over the world show that) and it was created by Mohammad for his own benefits. That is why even Ayesha once had to say that Mohammad was very dear to Allah. For if there was anything that stopped Mohammad, Allah would promptly send an 'Ayah', whether it was marriage with his adopted son's wife or his vow not to have sex relations with his wives for one month. He alone was not bound by the rule that a man could have only four wives.
So grown young adults let their parents dictate their partners for them?
So, what is wrong with that? Don't Muslims too do that. They will even marry a 14-year old girl with a 40-year old man. At least, Hindus don't do that. Who but the parents will have the welfare of their children closest to their hearts?
Well I think the Qur’an and it’s revelation relates to the events at that time.
So you think Allah would send another prophet with new instructions for the current age?

Note: If you are not a Muslim, why are you intent on showing your ignorance here?

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
In my tradition it is actively encouraged to marry beyond one's own "caste" (if any) or local culture or ethnic background. But it is discouraged to marry outside the tradition unless the future partner is prepared to join the tradition (start practising) and raise any children in the same way.

Interesting

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If it is extremist and hold ideas regressive ideas which are against modern norms of an area. For example the culture propagated by Nazism needs to became a footnote of history instead of being reformed as some modern groups have attempt to do.

Agreed

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
i believe this says it correctly -- not that inter-religions can't be achieved but it does create a lot of problems and creates potential for it not working resulting in a divorce.

Depends on the religion. In rigid ones who preach that they are the only true religion, there would for sure be conflict, possibly leading to divorce.