• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is there to fear about death?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The other thing to mention is (for me anyway) - The only thing that worries me about there being "nothing" after death is not death itself, but life. If we are heading towards "nothing" as all death is inevitable, then what is the point of life? Why go through all the troubles of life for nothing.... ????
Life is the point?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
As a Monist, I believe that is the ultimate goal: Nothingness.

That is the only way to be complete with All as One again.... in the Nothingness. It is all the same. Life and death are the same thing. One does not exist without the other, when one looks beyond the duality of our place..... they find the ONENESS of ALL and NOTHING. It is the same in the end.

There is nothing to fear from death, regardless of what the next life or non-life holds for "us", "you", or "I". In then end/begining.... it is all the same: for there is no end or begining.

I once did a poll of many of the people I know. I asked how they would like to die. Over 95% said they wished to pass "in their sleep" so they would not know. I wish to die with "eyes wide open". Death is the last expirience life can give. Why would one not look forward to it? To the next life or the last moment they could have?

Either way...... the first moment of the next or the last that one could have..... why would you be afraid to behold that moment? It matters not what it is, for it is both sides of what one makes it..... and more.

(As for global warming in this conversation: the Earth will be gone with the solar system in a few billion years..... the galaxy in about 15 more...... what does a few hundred year process in the making matter?)

Vassal

People, in general, fear death for two main reasons. The first is that it is something we know very little about (especially those who do not believe in God), and once it happens it is permanent. Most people are afraid of what they don't know or understand, so most people fear death because we understand and know little about it, but those who trust Christ Jesus alone for their salvation have nothing to fear in death.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I know exactly how I want to die. Happy with a used up body after having a good life and knowing that it was the best one I could have had then I won't mind dieing. I hope its not painful. But I guess only then will we know the answer to the great mystery of life eh?
I don't think its something to look forward to but I don't think it should be feared.