• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Purpose of Human Existence?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
ker krypter said:
mans purpose on the earth is to worship woman. but his existence is to keep the world alive for as many generations that will come and he can guide. man is an explorer. he needs a spaceship to get to mars. the generation after next i hope will be much more advanced.but that halts money with a war.we lose original thoughts religions we are taught
I think lilithu made sense, as others did after her - painted Wolf being one I can remember. What we do with life is entirely up to us; we can try to change the things we see as being wrong, pass the 'Goodness' we have picked up on the way to our children, who will, hopefully carry on tring to make things better.:)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Did we just evolve from amoebas or is there a reason and purpose for human existence?
Human existence has the same purpose as all live existence. We are here to learn.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Druidus said:
Human existence has the same purpse as all live existence. We are here to learn.
Trouble is, Druidus, some of us are slower learners than others!:jiggy: You seem to have a fine head on young shoulders!:)

Doc

Space Chief
In all my studies, I have yet to come across one clear purpose, so I have determined their is none. I would say just enjoy yourselves, show respect, and don't engulf yourselves with so many unanswerable questions.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Doc said:
In all my studies, I have yet to come across one clear purpose, so I have determined their is none. I would say just enjoy yourselves, show respect, and don't engulf yourselves with so many unanswerable questions.
Come off it Doc, why are you posting on this forum then?:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EnhancedSpirit said:
To put it in a nutshell:

Ultimately our purpose to help create Heaven on Earth
I hate to sound defeatest, but God created heaven and Earth; he then introduced man who is not perfect. Man will never create heaven on Earth.:eek:

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
michel said:
I hate to sound defeatest, but God created heaven and Earth; he then introduced man who is not perfect. Man will never create heaven on Earth.:eek:
No, but we can do everything we can to help. By eliminating hate, and replacing it with love. By taking poverty and replacing it with plenty. God gave us a perfect world, man messed it up, therefore, it is on our shoulders to right the wrong.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EnhancedSpirit said:
No, but we can do everything we can to help. By eliminating hate, and replacing it with love. By taking poverty and replacing it with plenty. God gave us a perfect world, man messed it up, therefore, it is on our shoulders to right the wrong.
But heaven is perfect; do you honestly believe that man will one day return to a state of perfection - in human form?:)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
michel said:
But heaven is perfect; do you honestly believe that man will one day return to a state of perfection - in human form?:)
I believe Heaven surrounds us already, but our physical form limits our ability to see it. I do believe that someday we will learn to cross that barrier without having to kill the body first.

'thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.'

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Lightkeeper said:
Did we just evolve from amoebas or is there a reason and purpose for human existence?
I believe that we are here, experiencing mortality, for several reasons, but that they all ultimately tie into our having an opportunity to attain our full potential as sons and daughters of God. I believe that we are here to learn, to experience all of the challenges of life and to grow from them, to learn to walk in faith and to come to know the perfect joy and happiness that will eventually result from a life dedicated to God and to our fellow man. I believe that God's purpose in creating us was totally selfless and loving. :)

Linus

Lightkeeper said:
Ah, the great, eternal question...

Of course if you ask me (or any other Christian for that matter) the answer is a simple one. There is a reason, and it is to serve God. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Linus said:
Ah, the great, eternal question...

Of course if you ask me (or any other Christian for that matter) the answer is a simple one. There is a reason, and it is to serve God. :)
What is the purpose in serving God ?:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
michel said:
From my perspective, we we serve God because we love Him and believe that all we have and are is a gift from Him. To me, that makes Him worthy of being loved and served.

Segestan

" What is the purpose of Human Existence ? "

The Human is the finite; the temporal, the time bound way in which the soul attains a greater purpose. Human is an extension of what every soul hopes to become. To be human is to be Born Free. Free from the constraints, the limitations, of eternity. Eternity is natural, it is everlasting. Self dwells in eternity. The Soul has no vehicle in the eternal condition to experience the emotions of thought. The mortal is a manifestation of self-will , self essence joined as a time bound , thus changing being. The human is a being who in a sense comes to life for the purpose of allowing Freedom to exist in an otherwise captive universe. The faith based ideas of Good and evil originate in the need of those coming into the finite existence , having a blind adventure through time and space. The human soul is natural , the wants , needs and desires of Self Will are also. The combined needs are what earth and those who dwell on it as Human beings are for.

regards,

Cordoba

Firdaus Mardhatillah said:
What is the Purpose of Human Existence?
Simple...to worship the God.
I agree Firdaus, that is the believer's summary answer.

The details are to get to know our Creator, to whom we shall one day return (intellect).

Another purpose, is to establish progress, peace and justice on earth (effort).

And a third purpose, is to strive to become better human beings through "tazkeyah" (spiritual).

Linus

michel said:
Good question, michel...

He wants it. He commands it. He deserves it. He created us and deserves all praise for it. We owe it to God for the precious gift of life and even more valuable (invaluable, in fact) gift of salvation fom the sin that we put ourselves in. I hope this helps

Yerda

Veteran Member
Linus said:
Good question, michel...

He wants it. He commands it. He deserves it. He created us and deserves all praise for it. We owe it to God for the precious gift of life and even more valuable (invaluable, in fact) gift of salvation fom the sin that we put ourselves in. I hope this helps
Which He are we talking about? Krishna? Thor?

Linus

I am referring to the Christian God. I am a Christian and michel and I were referring to Christianity.