• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the greatest work of art man has created?

Ormiston

onmybelief said:
I would have to go with Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Here is what it sounds like if have not heard it.

Moonlight

You ever see the sheet music? It's insane. Oh, and that image of the Cistine Chapel is incredible.

ButcherGEIN

I suppose that depends on what you consider art.

The greatest work of art in my eyes would probably be the great pyramids and the sphinx.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
The first cave drawing/drawing in the dirt. It's gone now, most likely, but it's what started it all.

Or the first mumble. :p

Maxist

Hmm, in music, Pachelbel's Canon.
Writing, Teetet ---Plato's Republic.
Art, Fischer v. Spassky ---although if he played Waitzkin it would be better.
Sculpture, the new Self Sculpture of Micheal Angelo.
Proggramming, Civilization three.
All around the best, most definatly is Pachelbel's Canon.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My current sig should give it away.

Just in case it doesn't: J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings."

"The Silmarillion" comes in at a VERY close second by Tolkien, simply because of the scope of his work. But I had to pick "Rings" because of the endearing quality of the point-of-view from a Hobbit. I've read the series several times, and I always am moved immeasurably every time.

Also, understand that I'm not talking about Peter Jackson's interpretation of Tolkien's work, but the books themselves. Jackson's film trilogy is brilliant, nonetheless, but they still don't hold a candle to the books. Call me a purist, I guess. :D

Peace,
Mystic

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Druidus said:
What is the greatest work of art man has created? The pinnacle of human creativity; the height of art's glory?
I wish I have had the privilege of seeing the Sistine Chapel....maybe someday. I will have to nominate a place I have been however and that's St. Paul's Cathedral in London. The ceiling is magnificent. I have also been to the Wieskirche in Germany that Standing Alone mentions and would grant that a worthy nominee.

For music...Mozart violin concertos and piano sonatas along with a few symphonies and even an opera or two.

This picture does not do the incredible artwork justice......

stpauls.jpg

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I love old school churches like the ones they have in Europe. The U.K. is a beautiful country. London itself, looks like an extremly beautiful city from what I saw of it (I had a 7 hour layover at Heathrow). I'd personally like to visit or perhaps live in London someday to fully take in the enviorment.

cardero

Citizen Mod
FEED THE KITTY
To the casual observer, it seems like just another award winning Warner Bros. cartoon short but to the discerning spiritualist, it unlocks all the secrets of the Universe and extrapolates all the mysteries of life.

00feed.jpg