• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the greatest question in life?

Runt

The question of how we ought to live seems to be of the most concern. Almost every religion tries to answer it, and even science has been used to point the way. Ex--"Drugs have been shown to be bad for your health; therefore, we should live our lives free of drugs". However, this question has many different answers. Christians and Muslims say we should live by God's law. Unitarian Universalists say we should live in such a way as to minimize our negative impact on the environment. Similarly, Wiccans believe we should live with respect for nature. Taoists say we should live according to the natural ebbs and flows of nature rather than in resistance.

One question; many different answers. And each answer sparks many other questions:

"What really is God's law?"
"How do we apply God's law to modern subjects that the Bible/Koran does not address?"
"How do we minimize our negative impact on the environment?"
"What constitues a negative impact on the environment?"
"What should we do to show our respect for nature?"
"What actions are disrespectful toward nature? Is it possible to avoid all of them?"
"What actions are in accordance with the natural ebbs and flows of nature?"
"Are there any actions that are NOT in accordance with nature that we cannot give up?"

Ronald

Greek Garbage, ONLY Y_H_V_H is Eternal. NO ONE has an ETERNITY to spend UNTIL GOD grants him EVERLASTING LIFE.

Your message is almost TRUTH, clean it up and re-present it SANS the Cesspool.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hmm... I'm gonna be daring and discover the Ultimate greatest question, using the amazing combination method pioneered by Maize (and adding on the posts of Rex_Admin, and Gerani1248 to those of SOOF and PW's)!

"Could I, making dinner, make the world a better place by seeing how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll? And, if this experiment fails, exactly what would I do for a Klondike Bar?" (Because you'd be pretty hungry by then, naturally! ) :D

Many of the replies that I have looked over are making me weep! Look at my first post and ask yourselves " If you died today would you make it to heaven"?

God bless you!

Mark

Do you have the peace of sins forgiven, and a hope beyond the grave? We need to be prepared to meet God before it is too late. Are you ready? If you died today, do you know if you would make it to heaven?

The heart of the Gospel Message of salvation is found in the Holy Bible in John 3:16.

John 3:16:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You can become a child of God and inherit eternal life in heaven when you die. Ask Jesus to save you today.

Romans 3:23:

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Then where will all go to get their wages? The answer: Hell!

Psalm 9:17:

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Romans 6:23:

For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Matthew 10:28:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Romans 5:8:

But God demonstrates His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Are we saved by good works? The answer: No!

Ephesians 2:8,9:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

James 2:10:

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

How to be saved:

Romans 10:9:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

To accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, ask Him into your heart and He will save your soul, by praying this prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Forgive me of all my sins! I repent of my sins. I believe you died on the cross and rose from the dead on the third day for me. I now receive you as my personal Lord and Savior! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!"

For more on God's simple plan of salvation according to the Holy Bible, visit my other ministry web site: www.thewaytoheaven.org to read about my testimony and see a photo of my wife Kirsten and me on top of one of the World Trade Center Towers in New York. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Visit my church radio station: Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, California: www.kwve.com to listen to some solid preaching and Christian music.

Always remember Jesus loves you and that Satan was defeated at the cross!

God bless you!

Mark

Mark R. Howard

P.O. Box 4171

Costa Mesa, California 92628

United States

www.thewaytoheaven.org

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
""Could I, making dinner, make the world a better place by seeing how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll? And, if this experiment fails, exactly what would I do for a Klondike Bar?" (Because you'd be pretty hungry by then, naturally! ) :D"

its a tootsie pop, not a roll, a pop, my dear, lol.

to thewaytoheave.org,
are you preaching? we already know what christians think. thanks.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Gerani1248 said:
its a tootsie pop, not a roll, a pop, my dear, lol.

*smacks head* I can't believe I did that! :eek: You'd think I'd have figured out the difference by now, heheee!

Mmmm... But either way, such a tasty question!

Runt

***MOD POST***

Back on topic please!

Waytoheaven-- no proletyzing, remember?

Running cross country in high school.... Reminds me of running the Christian race!!!

In many ways, as Christian's, our spiritual race is much the same. Paul reminds us in 1 Corinthians 9:24, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it." He tells us to run this race in such a way that we may obtain the prize at the finish line.

I started running cross-country at Costa Mesa High School, in California my Alma Mater, in the fall of 1978. Also, I ran the mile and the two-mile in track in the spring of 1979 and through all four years of high school. I made several new friends on the cross-country team, and developed a close relationship with Coach Fisher. We had our summer running camp at his property in Idaho. The memories of those good times will always live on. We had the most successful cross-country season in the fall of 1980. We won all of our invitational races from Dana Hills to Mt. San Antonio. We were Boys Varsity Sea View league champions in 1980.

The Costa Mesa Boy's Varsity teams through 1969-1980 won the Orange County Championships six times under coach Joe fisher. The Costa Mesa Boy's varsity cross country still holds the record of six wins in the history of Orange County boys Varsity cross country. My personal record in the 3-mile in high school was 14 minutes and 50 seconds. I give the Lord all the glory for allowing me to be a member of a winning team with a great Christian coach: Joe fisher!!!! Coach Joe Fisher was voted California high school cross country coach of the year in 1978 during my freshman year.

Mark Howard Costa Mesa High School cross country, Clifornia team member 1878-1982.

If you want read more about the team visit www.thewaytoheaaven.org

I would love to hear about how the Lord is helping you run the Christian race!!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I don't know if someone has already posted this, but this is what I believe the Greatest Question in Life is:

What does 6*7 equal?

Anyone know what I'm referring to? ;)