• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the greatest question in life?

The greatest question is, "Where will you spend eternity?"

Has anyone ever explained to you God's simple plan of salvation, as given in the Bible? On whose terms would you want to meet God? -- Your church, or your family, or your own, or the Bible?

Man's ways are not God's ways!! Proverbs 16:25 says, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Isaiah 55:8 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."

Our problem is that sin separates us from God. God is holy, pure, righteous and sinless. Ecclesiastes 7:20 says, "For there is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

What are the wages of sin? Romans 6:23 says, "The wages of sin is death."

Since all have sinned, then where will all go to get their wages? The answer? Hell! Do you fear hell? Jesus says we should! Matthew 10:28 says, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Do you know why Jesus warned us to fear hell? He knew how bad it is, that its consequences are fearful, and that it is eternal! God's word shows a preview of hell! (Luke 16:23-31) The man in hell was in torment! The man in hell prayed, but too late! The man in hell was eternally separated from God by "a great gulf fixed". But all men will not go to hell! While there is the broad way that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13), there is also the narrow way (Christ, John 14:6) that leads to life eternal (Matthew 7:14).

Which way are you going? Extra!! Good news!! God loves us!! Christ died for us!! John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Read also 1 Peter 2:24 & 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus Christ is the only bridge from this world to the world to come. He said in John 14:6, "I am the way." Salvation is not of works. Ephesians 2:8&9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Read also, Romans 4:5,6 & Titus 3:5.

Salvation is a gift from God to us!! Revelation 22:17 says, "Whosoever will, let him take---." What two actions can we take when offered a gift? We can receive, or refuse. John 1:12 says, "As many as received Him, to them gave He power (authority) to become the sons of God even to them that believe on His name." Christ said in John 10:9, "I am the door." And in John 6:37 He said, "Him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out." Why wait? God said in Genesis 6:3, "My spirit shall not always strive with man."

How much time have you to live? 2 Corinthians 6:2 says, "Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." Here is a prayer of acceptance: "Lord, I am a sinner! I repent of my sins. I deserve to go to Hell! But I believe that Jesus Christ died for me, and I now receive Him as my personal Savior!" Amen!

standing_on_one_foot

Oh, I don't know...I'd say that there are more important, possibly somewhat less selfish questions to be asked (and answered). Y'know, "What can I do while I'm here to make the world a better place?" sorta thing. But then, I think our behavior is more important than our beliefs. Hmm. Interesting fundamental difference of viewpoints there, I reckon.

Ronald

thewaytoheaven.org said:

I don't know about anyone else, But my cow died so keep you baloney bull.

Since Y-H-V-H is the only eternal. And Yeshua/Jesus offers everlasting life Jn.3:16, then Paul 1 Cor 15:53; This mortal nature must put on Immortality.

SO my friend, you nor anyone else HAS AN ETERNITY TO SPEND, until you are given on at the resurrection!

Keep with the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

Don't twist the Truth, keep it straight.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I always thought the greatest question was : "what am I going to have for dinner?"
more people think about that one everyday then the other questions I'm pretty shure.
;)

wa:do

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm going to combine SOOF and PW's answers, the greatest question is, "How can I make the world a better place while making dinner?" :p

standing_on_one_foot

Aargh, sorry, cut off the rest of my post. I was going to say, yeah, and I can think of a few others as well. I'm kinda fond of, "Did I really just do that?"...I seem to think it a lot.

Scott1

thewaytoheaven.org said:
I must say that I agree with standing_on_one_foot that the question is selfish.....

My opinion for the "greatest" question: "How may I serve the Lord, right now?"

We are called to be like Christ, who came as not a rich man, but a servant....... obedient to the Father, even to death on a cross.

Christ did not seek to save himself (your question) but only to do the will of the Father.

I believe we should strive for that kind of love and obedience, and let God's will be done.

After earth's exile, I hope to go and enjoy you in the fatherland, but I do not want to lay up merits for heaven. I want to work for your love alone. . . . In the evening of this life, I shall appear before you with empty hands, for I do not ask you, Lord, to count my works. All our justice is blemished in your eyes. I wish, then, to be clothed in your own justice and to receive from your love the eternal possession of yourself.
St. Thérèse of Lisieux

Peace,
Scott

anders

Not believing in an afterlife, I think that there is not much more that can be said after PW's
painted wolf said:
I always thought the greatest question was : "what am I going to have for dinner?"
more people think about that one everyday then the other questions I'm pretty shure.

wa:do to you

Ronald

Lightkeeper said:
How can I help?
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and "Thy Kingdom come."

?????Mortal man, spending Eternity???????? Go Figure!

*****How does that happen????***** Greek immortal Soul! Yeah! Right?

true blood

Well now...time does teach all things to he who lives forever but I don't have the luxury of eternity. My greatest question would probably be...Will I have good principles and good habits to have the ability to reach my goals in life, whatever they may be? or how about "Are those real?

Pah

Uber all member
Who am I?

Very little is possible without an answer to that. It's a antecedent to most of the questions given including "What would I do for a Klondike Bar?"

-pah-

Ronald said:
I don't know about anyone else, But my cow died so keep you baloney bull.

Since Y-H-V-H is the only eternal. And Yeshua/Jesus offers everlasting life Jn.3:16, then Paul 1 Cor 15:53; This mortal nature must put on Immortality.

SO my friend, you nor anyone else HAS AN ETERNITY TO SPEND, until you are given on at the resurrection!

Keep with the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

Don't twist the Truth, keep it straight.

This is truth from the Bible!!!!

What is the greatest question in life?

Has anyone ever explained to you God's simple plan of salvation, as given in the Bible? On whose terms would you want to meet God? -- Your church, or your family, or your own, or the Bible?

Man's ways are not God's ways!! Proverbs 16:25 says, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Isaiah 55:8 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."

Our problem is that sin separates us from God. God is holy, pure, righteous and sinless. Ecclesiastes 7:20 says, "For there is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

What are the wages of sin? Romans 6:23 says, "The wages of sin is death."

Since all have sinned, then where will all go to get their wages? The answer? Hell! Do you fear hell? Jesus says we should! Matthew 10:28 says, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Do you know why Jesus warned us to fear hell? He knew how bad it is, that its consequences are fearful, and that it is eternal! God's word shows a preview of hell! (Luke 16:23-31) The man in hell was in torment! The man in hell prayed, but too late! The man in hell was eternally separated from God by "a great gulf fixed". But all men will not go to hell! While there is the broad way that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13), there is also the narrow way (Christ, John 14:6) that leads to life eternal (Matthew 7:14).

Which way are you going? Extra!! Good news!! God loves us!! Christ died for us!! John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Read also 1 Peter 2:24 & 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus Christ is the only bridge from this world to the world to come. He said in John 14:6, "I am the way." Salvation is not of works. Ephesians 2:8&9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Read also, Romans 4:5,6 & Titus 3:5.

Salvation is a gift from God to us!! Revelation 22:17 says, "Whosoever will, let him take---." What two actions can we take when offered a gift? We can receive, or refuse. John 1:12 says, "As many as received Him, to them gave He power (authority) to become the sons of God even to them that believe on His name." Christ said in John 10:9, "I am the door." And in John 6:37 He said, "Him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out." Why wait? God said in Genesis 6:3, "My spirit shall not always strive with man."

How much time have you to live? 2 Corinthians 6:2 says, "Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." Here is a prayer of acceptance: "Lord, I am a sinner! I repent of my sins. I deserve to go to Hell! But I believe that Jesus Christ died for me, and I now receive Him as my personal Savior!" Amen! (Taken from a tract written by A.C. Edewards)

I pray that the Scriptures above will speak to you, and that you will respond, and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and be assured to enter the kingdom of God (Heaven) ? If you have responded to God in this simple way, then you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Even though you may not be able to feel it there, a deposit of God's own life has been placed in your heart in the form of His Spirit. This deposit, as it is maintained through continuing acts of Faith in God and His Word, is all that is sufficient to comfort and guide you through all coming trials and temptations that you will experience in your new life as a Christian. To help you stay strong in this Faith, you will want to begin participating in the following activities:

1. Attend a Gospel-preaching church regularly: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together." Hebrews 10:25

2. Read God's Word daily: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

3. Spend time each day in prayer: "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalm 5:3

4. Live each moment for the Lord: "Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17

5. Tell others the good news! Now that God has entered into your heart, you have a testimony! As God opens doors for you to share your testimony with others, you do not have to feel shy or afraid. If you trust Him, God will lead your thoughts and words. "That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9,10

Welcome to the family of God!

The story of this tract: One afternoon, my wife Kirsten and I decided to visit a local cemetery in Costa Mesa, California. While we were walking through the cemetery, we saw a marble bench with various Bible Scriptures about salvation on it. What really stood out was on the side of the bench where it said, "ONLY JESUS SAVES". I later found out from a friend at my church that the bench was at the grave of the man who wrote the tract. The Lord put it on my heart to do a website on the tract, and about the author. God bless you!

Mark

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

i think the main goal of our life is to be happy and find an end to suffering. whether one thinks that lies in God or whatever, i think this goal is immensely important to us.