• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the Gospel?

Kelly of the Phoenix

Memorisation was a big deal in Greek-Roman times. Indeed, the whole of Homer's work Ilyad was often memorized.
And Jews, to this day, still memorize whole books of the bible. I knew a Jew, who as a boy, had to memorize the entire
Psalms - in six months. His father would ask, 'Read to me the Psalm 'The Lord is my Shepherd' and that boy would
recite Psalm 23. There were no Psalm numbers early days, just identified by first verse. So when Jesus cried 'My God
My God, why hast thou forsake me?' he was really saying to his followers, and the Jews too, 'Read Psalm 22, that's
about my on the cross.'
But I digress.
First Epistle was about AD 55. Luke's Acts was 'completed' ca AD 65 - and Luke drew extensively from the Gospels
of Matthew and Mark (probably Peter's own Gospel, written by his secretary Mark.)
And I would consider that except people get details wrong minutes after an event.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Mainly aimed at Christians but open to everyone.

What is the gospel message? If someone asked you 'What is the good news?' What would you say?

I believe the Gospel of Jesus says if you are without sin you will receive eternal life when Jesus returns. To achieve sinlessness one must be forgiven past sins and that is taken care of by the crucifixion of Jesus and on must not sin again by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So... The "bad news" would be if you don't agree with this particular dogma you won't have eternal life/heaven?

What if I don't want Jesus as an advocate?

Edit: I find this excruciatingly coercive, and emotionally manipulative.

I believe all those who are still in their sin when the final judgment is made will go to Hell.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Nakosis said:
The "good news" that everyone has the opportunity to get into Heaven. A wonderful afterlife awaits any who are willing to accept Jesus as their advocate.
I believe the good news says nothing about Heaven.
Yet they, the Pauline-Hellenist followers of Paul believe the following as per Bible, one gathers:

"Some take this to mean that Jesus, sometime between His death and resurrection, went to hell/Hades and made an announcement of some type to the “spirits” imprisoned there. Within this interpretation, the spirits Jesus addressed could be either demonic or human."
Where was Jesus for the three days between His death and resurrection? | GotQuestions.org
Right?
The concept that Jesus himself was in the hell for three days and three nights must be wrong and needs correction. Jesus was suffering for the wounds inflicted on his body on the cross and was under treatment of his friends, I would say. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What is the Gospel?

Gospel means a good tiding or a good news and it is that "Jesus did not die a cursed death on the Cross" and that his Second Coming has happened in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 for sure, as I understand. Right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
What is the Gospel?

Gospel means a good tiding or a good news and it is that "Jesus did not die a cursed death on the Cross" and that his Second Coming has happened in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 for sure, as I understand. Right?

Regards

I believe you are wrong on both counts and only right on one. The body of Jesus died on the cross so even though the Spirit of God left and didn't die with the body, it certainly appeared that Jesus died to the observers. The second coming has not happened yet. The guy mentioned has to be a fake.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe you are wrong on both counts and only right on one. The body of Jesus died on the cross so even though the Spirit of God left and didn't die with the body, it certainly appeared that Jesus died to the observers. The second coming has not happened yet. The guy mentioned has to be a fake.
One belief needs correction, didn't Thomas put his fingers where nails injured Jesus body, please?

Regards

PearlSeeker

Mainly aimed at Christians but open to everyone.

What is the gospel message? If someone asked you 'What is the good news?' What would you say?
Gospel (good news) is the message that the expected coming of the Kingdom of God is about to happen.

It's already in the OT:

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
(Isaiah 52:7)​

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Gospel (good news) is the message that the expected coming of the Kingdom of God is about to happen.

It's already in the OT:

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
(Isaiah 52:7)​
" Zion"
Jesus good tiding was rightfully restricted to the Jews.
But the Hellenist-Paul changed it, against any rightful authority and Jews were deprived of this good-tiding unlawfully, I gather, please. Right?

Regards

PearlSeeker

" Zion"
Jesus good tiding was rightfully restricted to the Jews.
But the Hellenist-Paul changed it, against any rightful authority and Jews were deprived of this good-tiding unlawfully, I gather, please. Right?

Regards
Why would the Jews be deprived? They had prophets and Jesus among them. They heard it first.

Why would the gospel of Kingdom be restricted to the Jews? Isn't it rather: the gospel/salvation will come from the Jews and it will be spread all over the world?

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations."

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
That wounded humanity can be healed, true death was broken by God when He took on humanity and died, and that by breaking the bonds of identity all humans may experience eternal bliss with God.