• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the biggest thing makes me convert to Judaism?

Eihab

Journalist
Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Jewish?
Thanks.

xkatz

Judaism does not emphasize on afterlife, rather we focus on here and now. Also, Judaism does not have to be theistic. There is such a thing as Humanistic Judaism; however, I find it quite odd that one can believe in Torah yet not believe in G-d. Anyways, G-d is not necessarily some old bearded man in the sky. Rather, many modern theists believe in Pantheism, or that G-d is existence altogether. AFAIK, the Torah does not state what you have to think G-d is, other than that he is One.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
There's several reasons I've turned towards Judaism.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions and for seeking out forgiveness when they've wronged someone.
One's actions, not their beliefs, determine their fate.
There are few absolutes; each person holds their own views on most concepts.
Every person is able to talk to God, there are no intermediaries.
The religion is open to change (within certain parameters) and can evolve with society.

Also, Judaism will welcome converts, but it does not set out to convert people. In answer to your question, I'd say read as much as you can about Judaism. If you find something that appeals to you, then read even more. :D

There's nothing to make you convert; you have to find that yourself.
While I am heading that way, I'm not Jewish yet. So take what I say with that in mind.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
We got the Natalie Portman:
875f58826b9b4350ad3738748eeec03a_natalie_portman-5638.jpg

Enough said.

Rakhel

Hi,
I'm agnostic, and I don't believe in any religion, but suddenly I asked myself: what if I were in the wrong side, why don't you recognize the other religions? But it is very hard to read about all religions, so I told myself that I'm a member in this forum and I do really respect it and respect the minds of their members, so I decided to ask this question in many religion sub-forums, and who knows maybe it will be a big change in my life.
Needless to say that many religions claim they are the right and we should worship in certain way.
So, if you want me to convert to your religion, what are the things that make me convinced to be a Jewish?
Thanks.

Ok, this may come out wrong but I don't want you to convert to Judaism. Your being Jewish has no baring on me or what I want. It is all about you and what you want and what you believe.
Converting to Judaism is a personal decision, not a public one.

xkatz

Ok, this may come out wrong but I don't want you to convert to Judaism. Your being Jewish has no baring on me or what I want. It is all about you and what you want and what you believe.
Converting to Judaism is a personal decision, not a public one.

Thanks for bringing that up Rakhel. I forgot to include that in my post.