• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Sikh peoples attitudes towards Muslims?

nameless

The Creator
Yes, i know they have different philosophies. However, the point comes down to wether or not they share the same core beliefs, which they do, so they are Muslims. Other sects might disagree with some of their philosophies, but that doesn't make them not Muslims. In other words, any of them who believe in God, and his prophet, and say he/she is a Muslim, is a Muslim.

is it not necessary for a muslim to completely obey quran?

GURSIKH

chardi kla
:redcard: just to remind this is Sikh DIR section , so kindly discuss Sufi n Islam somewhere else on forum :D

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
The head of EDL is a Sikh...

Can I point out that Sufism is NOT Islamic! BIG misconception there.

I don't see how a Sikh could condone the violent religion of Islam. Especially as many Sikhs have been murdered by Islamists.

I agree with Octavia-Sufism is not Islam and it's a very big misconception many people have...

Do refer to a few threads made by me on Sufism...

xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
The Sufis were very clever.

Remember they inhabited the Middle East before Islam ws born. By a clever loop hole, the Sufis managed to have their philosophy accepted by the early Muslims. This was a form of syncretisation on the part of the Sufis.
Sufi Philosophy is only superficially Islamic. It is closer to Gnostisim than it is to Monotheism.

I agree with you Octavia...

Many Sufism ethics and beliefs contradict Islam on the whole!

xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
Yes, i know they have different philosophies. However, the point comes down to wether or not they share the same core beliefs, which they do, so they are Muslims. Other sects might disagree with some of their philosophies, but that doesn't make them not Muslims. In other words, any of them who believe in God, and his prophet, and say he/she is a Muslim, is a Muslim.

I actually dont agree with you Badran...

Many earlier religious Scriptures foretells the arrival of Prophet Muhammad(SAW)...like the Torah or the Evangel or the Bhavishya Purana(a Hindu Scripture) and many more...and also these Scriptures talk of One God...so are you saying they are Muslims-just because they talk of One God and the Prophet Muhammad(SAW)?...

I would re-read what you wrote Badran xxx

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power

I wish i could help you in answering your query...

Infact that is the same question i have on mind-for any person of any religion is found to be fully obeyeing their Scriptures?...

xxx

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I actually dont agree with you Badran...

Many earlier religious Scriptures foretells the arrival of Prophet Muhammad(SAW)...like the Torah or the Evangel or the Bhavishya Purana(a Hindu Scripture) and many more...and also these Scriptures talk of One God...so are you saying they are Muslims-just because they talk of One God and the Prophet Muhammad(SAW)?...

I would re-read what you wrote Badran xxx

If we could take this to another thread, i would be happy to discuss this matter, since this is a DIR, and we are not even addressing the OP's topic.

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
:) No problem, i didn't mean debate. I meant if you and nameless wanted to talk about wether sufism is part of Islam or not, we should do it in another thread.

There are many threads by me about Sufism not being a part of Islam...please do refer to them yourself :) xxx

rcscwc

Did not Guru Gobind Singh:

Grant protection to muslims of Maler Kotla only?

Ask not to believe a muslim even if he swears loyality by putting his hand in boiling water?

Prohibit Sikhs from taking halal meat?

rcscwc

Dehu shiva var mohe hai shubh karman te kabhun na daroon
na daroon ersoh jab chahe laroon, nishche kar apni jeet karoon
[O Siva, grant me the boon that I will never fear to do the right action
That I will not fear, will fight when I want, and with determination will be victorious]
- Guru Gobind Singh

GURSIKH

chardi kla

Dehu shiva var mohe hai shubh karman te kabhun na daroon
na daroon ersoh jab chahe laroon, nishche kar apni jeet karoon
[O Siva, grant me the boon that I will never fear to do the right action
That I will not fear, will fight when I want, and with determination will be victorious]
- Guru Gobind Singh

Hi rcscwc ,

above is not source of your claim in post #32 , its will be more appropriate if you put it in thread related to Sikhi and Hinduism

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/sikhism-dir/88863-how-sikhism-different-hinduism.html

;) Namaskar