• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is minimum wage?

Riders

I heard it went up to 12 bucks an hour is a company has more then 25 employees and 11 less the 25. has everyone complied are we really getting that as minimum wage? Its a huge hike.

Are fastfood places paying that amount just curious?

when it went up I think 5 to 6 bucks they started me at the old wage and said that because they have a high turn over rate , folks who start and quit a lot, so they start everyone out on the old wage, it was either the first 3 months or the first 6 months then change their wage to the new amount.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Minimum wage is the lowest amount you can offer to pay someone legally, aside from commission based and tip based work among a few other exceptions. Usually it is for low skill positions that require little to no education/training/experience. These jobs are usually given to young people who do not have much education/training/experience because they are young and haven't had time to develop these things yet.

You are not supposed to make a life long career in these starting positions. You are supposed to grow your education/training/experience while working these positions to move up to higher paid positions.

Riders

Minimum wage is the lowest amount you can offer to pay someone legally, aside from commission based and tip based work among a few other exceptions. Usually it is for low skill positions that require little to no education/training/experience. These jobs are usually given to young people who do not have much education/training/experience because they are young and haven't had time to develop these things yet.

You are not supposed to make a life long career in these starting positions. You are supposed to grow your education/training/experience while working these positions to move up to higher paid positions.

Thanks/