• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Michelangelo trying to tell us???

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I think it's hard to say what the correct interpretation is. We don't have the luxury of Michelangelo here with us. I really enjoy speculating about the meaning behind paintings however. Even if I disagree with someone. :)

The reason why I think it is God bringing Eve to Adam is (I explained this earlier) is the implied urgency in the movement of the 'chariot' of God. God understands Adam needs a helpmate. Adam appears lethargic and apathetic in his countenance. He needs encouragement.

I think it is after the split because of the verse that describes God 'brought' Eve to Adam. Implying from elsewhere.....you know, God's kitchen. He cooked her up. :)

"So The Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which The Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." (Genesis 2:21-23

I do agree with the author of this book that their chariot is a human brain....could it be bringing the knowledge of good and evil to the pair?