• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Life of Faith

GODbeMERCIFULtoMEaSINNER

It's My Birthday!
Maybe this will answer your question.
TITLE: If you were only guilty of one fleeting sinful thought, a lifetime of righteous deeds could not justify you.
SCRIPTURE: James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of all."
Romans 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
PROPOSITION: To use these texts and others to show that all sin has earned a wage of infinite loss and that this loss cannot be undone, even if we dedicated our entire life as an effort to undo it. and also to show that Christ has made an atonement for all sin and anyone can be forgiven and pardoned of all sin through the shed blood of Christ.
1.How is one sin so costly that no amount of good works can offset it?
A. One day our young nephew was at our house, I had a glass cup on the concrete patio and his foot accidentally kicked it, when this happened the cup broke around the brim leaving a sharp jaged edge, he than said "at least I didn't break the whole thing", I said that's the way many look at Gods law, because they have not committed murder they think that this will in some way annul the offences that they have committed, but when the law is broken in one point it is broken all together, and it cannot be repaired by a sinner.
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
B. The wages of even one sin is death, when Adam and Eve sinned they were driven out of their garden of paradise. if we were only guilty of one sin God whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity would be compelled by his very nature to drive us from his presence into a place fit for the punishment of that one sin, and there the sinner would wrestle with the wrath of that great God throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity. and we would not be surprised at the severity of the punishment because we would have an understand of our depravity in that one sin, as Pharaoh did so many years ago with his evil obstinance. Exodus 9:27 "And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked."
C. One sin carries with it an incredible power to stain the soul, the soul is immaterial so it cannot be seen by physical eyes but if we could with bodily eyes see the soul we would see a stain of deepest dye, and no amount of good works could create a cleansing agent to remove this stain. the scripture has declared that only the blood of Christ has the cleansing power to remove this crimson stain.
1 John 1:7 "...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
D. One sin has the power to fill the soul with contempt for God so that if we were to multiply to ourselves righteous acts, we would only be multiplying to ourselves a large pile of dung, those righteous acts would be springing forth from a heart filled with enmity and contempt for God contaminating our very deeds. Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
E. One sin makes such a cry unto God that it brings down his wrath, this happens in the same way that the blood of Abel cried unto God, and incurred Gods wath. Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and there was no amount of righteousness that he could have done to placate, or lesson Gods wrath.
F. If you only had to give account of one sin all your churchianity and all your religiosity and piety and all your righteousness would have no more influence to keep you out of the lake of fire then you would have to stop a traveling locomotive that is coming at you at full speed. you will be crushed by Divine wrath and ground into powder and all of your righteousness will have no strength to deliver you.
Matthew 21:44 "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."
2. Instead of one fleeting sin how many sins is it likely that each one of us have committed?
A. We have multiplied to ourselves iniquity and added sin to sin, but it takes just as much of the grace of God to save the least of sinners as well as the greatest of sinners, so if all your dead works and filthy rags of righteousness have no redemptive value against one sin how could they ever profit against a multitude of sins? 1 Timothy 1:15 "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."
3.) Only the righteousness of Christ can provide us with redeeming merit.
A. This redeeming merit is freely given to repentant sinners the moment they believe, this is the case in the old and new testament. "Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness", if the sinner is not saved by faith alone, in Christ alone, he is all together lost. anyone who is not in Christ is alienated from the Commonwealth of Israel and are strangers from the Covenants of promise, they have no hope and are without God in the world.
4.) After a person is justified by faith not one sin is ever imputed to his account.
A. Years ago I showed some scripture verses to a man who lived south of my home town who had a form of godliness. I showed him that God never imputes sin to the beilever, I explained to him that if God imputed even one sin to the believer he would be forever lost. this man apparently had not ever understood those texts, because when he looked at them he became a little angry and said "God writes down your sins after you are saved, he writes them down!!", but he could not show me one scripture to back up his twisted statement. The reason this wicked religionist became so angry was because he had more than a little confidence in his filthy rags of righteousness, and could not indure the thought of Christ being his only saviour.
Romans 4:8 "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN."
CONCLUSION: One sin seems so small to the natural man and a lifetime of righteousness seems like so much to carnal man, but on the contrary one sin is so henious, and so vile, and a lifetime of righteousness that comes forth from the hearts of wicked men is nothing more than a sewage of corruption. The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY hope for one sin or ten thousand sins. mercy is as ready to pardon the greatest sins as well as the least, if men will come to God through Christ.
Isaiah 55:6-7 "Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In that sense that, if person is faithful, it will be seen in his actions also, but the actions don’t then come because person thinks it is required, but because person is faithful and wants to do them freely.

i think the difference is that a person does it out of love vs as a quid pro quo sort of thing.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Maybe this will answer your question.
TITLE: If you were only guilty of one fleeting sinful thought, a lifetime of righteous deeds could not justify you.
SCRIPTURE: James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of all."
Romans 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
PROPOSITION: To use these texts and others to show that all sin has earned a wage of infinite loss and that this loss cannot be undone, even if we dedicated our entire life as an effort to undo it. and also to show that Christ has made an atonement for all sin and anyone can be forgiven and pardoned of all sin through the shed blood of Christ.
1.How is one sin so costly that no amount of good works can offset it?
A. One day our young nephew was at our house, I had a glass cup on the concrete patio and his foot accidentally kicked it, when this happened the cup broke around the brim leaving a sharp jaged edge, he than said "at least I didn't break the whole thing", I said that's the way many look at Gods law, because they have not committed murder they think that this will in some way annul the offences that they have committed, but when the law is broken in one point it is broken all together, and it cannot be repaired by a sinner.
James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
B. The wages of even one sin is death, when Adam and Eve sinned they were driven out of their garden of paradise. if we were only guilty of one sin God whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity would be compelled by his very nature to drive us from his presence into a place fit for the punishment of that one sin, and there the sinner would wrestle with the wrath of that great God throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity. and we would not be surprised at the severity of the punishment because we would have an understand of our depravity in that one sin, as Pharaoh did so many years ago with his evil obstinance. Exodus 9:27 "And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked."
C. One sin carries with it an incredible power to stain the soul, the soul is immaterial so it cannot be seen by physical eyes but if we could with bodily eyes see the soul we would see a stain of deepest dye, and no amount of good works could create a cleansing agent to remove this stain. the scripture has declared that only the blood of Christ has the cleansing power to remove this crimson stain.
1 John 1:7 "...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
D. One sin has the power to fill the soul with contempt for God so that if we were to multiply to ourselves righteous acts, we would only be multiplying to ourselves a large pile of dung, those righteous acts would be springing forth from a heart filled with enmity and contempt for God contaminating our very deeds. Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
E. One sin makes such a cry unto God that it brings down his wrath, this happens in the same way that the blood of Abel cried unto God, and incurred Gods wath. Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and there was no amount of righteousness that he could have done to placate, or lesson Gods wrath.
F. If you only had to give account of one sin all your churchianity and all your religiosity and piety and all your righteousness would have no more influence to keep you out of the lake of fire then you would have to stop a traveling locomotive that is coming at you at full speed. you will be crushed by Divine wrath and ground into powder and all of your righteousness will have no strength to deliver you.
Matthew 21:44 "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."
2. Instead of one fleeting sin how many sins is it likely that each one of us have committed?
A. We have multiplied to ourselves iniquity and added sin to sin, but it takes just as much of the grace of God to save the least of sinners as well as the greatest of sinners, so if all your dead works and filthy rags of righteousness have no redemptive value against one sin how could they ever profit against a multitude of sins? 1 Timothy 1:15 "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."
3.) Only the righteousness of Christ can provide us with redeeming merit.
A. This redeeming merit is freely given to repentant sinners the moment they believe, this is the case in the old and new testament. "Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness", if the sinner is not saved by faith alone, in Christ alone, he is all together lost. anyone who is not in Christ is alienated from the Commonwealth of Israel and are strangers from the Covenants of promise, they have no hope and are without God in the world.
4.) After a person is justified by faith not one sin is ever imputed to his account.
A. Years ago I showed some scripture verses to a man who lived south of my home town who had a form of godliness. I showed him that God never imputes sin to the beilever, I explained to him that if God imputed even one sin to the believer he would be forever lost. this man apparently had not ever understood those texts, because when he looked at them he became a little angry and said "God writes down your sins after you are saved, he writes them down!!", but he could not show me one scripture to back up his twisted statement. The reason this wicked religionist became so angry was because he had more than a little confidence in his filthy rags of righteousness, and could not indure the thought of Christ being his only saviour.
Romans 4:8 "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN."
CONCLUSION: One sin seems so small to the natural man and a lifetime of righteousness seems like so much to carnal man, but on the contrary one sin is so henious, and so vile, and a lifetime of righteousness that comes forth from the hearts of wicked men is nothing more than a sewage of corruption. The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY hope for one sin or ten thousand sins. mercy is as ready to pardon the greatest sins as well as the least, if men will come to God through Christ.
Isaiah 55:6-7 "Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

the law is one simple thing; which is to love. this is why most don't understand why some of the ten commandments are useless because they say "thou shall not" but the person who follows them doesn't understand what they should do; which is love.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

or simply stated: love others as you would love yourself, for with what you sow it will be meted to you. love is with us and not as another to control.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, when a person gets a grasp of free grace, gratitude is the motivation. The love of God and the glory of God is my motivation.

love isn't something separate from us. it is the power, omnipresent, we have to redeem. it is the everlasting kingdom that binds two as one, taking the yoke of love upon one's shoulders is to take up the government of the kingdom.

on that day a child is born of god, of love. the resurrection of the dead to everlasting life.

baptism in the name, exodus 3:14, tells us that love, god is present

For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

Last edited:

GODbeMERCIFULtoMEaSINNER

It's My Birthday!
Maybe this will help bring more understanding
TITLE: Refuge in Christ
SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 6:17-18 "Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have FLED FOR REFUGE to lay hold upon the hope set before us:"
PROPOSITION: to use this text and others to show that Christians are described in scripture as those who have "fled for refuge" by taking hold of the Lord Jesus Christ who is their hope. and to show that the reason they have fled to Christ is because they were awakened to their depravity and complete inability to save themselves. and also to show that they saw Christ as their only shelter "an hiding place from the wind, and a convert from the tempest..."
1.) Why have Christians "fled for refuge" in Christ?
A. Because they have seen themselves as being an unclean thing, from the crown of their head to the soles of their feet they have seen no soundness in themselves.
Romans 3:10-18 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes"
B.) Because they have seen that any excuse they would give God for their wicked life would be a lie!
1. We cannot blame ignorance for our wicked life because everyone of us has a conscience, we have all sinned with knowledge, if we were ignorant we all know this would be a legitimate excuse, but we are not ignorant. (Agnostics pretend to be but this is a lie) Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another"
2. We cannot blame others for our wicked life. Eve tried blaming the serpent for her disobedience, but she found that this did not exempt her from guilt. Genesis 3:13 "...And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."
3. We cannot blame God for our wicked life. Adam blamed God for giving him a wife like Eve, he said "the woman that thou gavest me", he thought maybe by condemning God he could avoid condemning himself, but when he was driven from his beautiful home of paradise he found his scheme to be futile. Genesis 3:12 "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat"
Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
C. Because they have seen that none of their righteousness, religiosity or contrition for sin could in any way offset the demerit of it, in short they can find no refuge in themselves, or virtue to take hold of outside of Christ.
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
D. Because they by Gods Spirit have seen Christ, for who he is, what he has done, and suffered. They see Christ as their one way out, and because of this they have fled for refuge and have found him a to be a "covert from the tempest"
ILLUSTRATION: When the Israelite slaves had left Egypt and were "intangled in the land and the wilderness had shut them in" and the red sea was in front of them the Egyptians pressed hard behind them they found in themselves no way of escape, they found no deliverance in the arm of flesh, they cried unto God and took refuge in him and he delivered them and became their salvation by dividing the red sea so that they might escape. Exodus 14:10 "And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD"
CONCLUSION: A christian is one who has been awakened out of the slumber of spiritual delusion. he has seen:
- his depravity and his inability to save himself
- he has seen the glorious light of the gospel of Christ as his one way out of condemnation, his only hope of salvation
And in desperation he has fled to Christ for Refuge and salvation.
Psalms 62:7 "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."