• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is "Kingdom of God"?

lostwanderingsoul

A kingdom has an area of land, and a king, and laws. God's kingdom will be no different. The land area will be the earth\\\\\whole earth. The ruler will be Jesus. The laws will be the laws in the Bible. Many people think God's kingdom is Heaven but Jesus said He is comong back to earth. He will then esrablish od's kingdom and rule over it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A kingdom has an area of land, and a king, and laws. God's kingdom will be no different. The land area will be the earth\\\\\whole earth. The ruler will be Jesus. The laws will be the laws in the Bible. Many people think God's kingdom is Heaven but Jesus said He is coming back to earth. He will then establish God's kingdom and rule over it.

Good point ^ above ^ to me, because Jesus did Not teach us to pray for Heaven to come.
Rather, Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come.
We do Not pray to be 'taken away' to the kingdom, nor pray to be 'taken up' to the kingdom.
We are all invited to pray the invitation for Jesus to come at Revelation 22:20.
'Come' and be king (president) of God's kingdom government for a thousand years over Earth for us.
- 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Christian Bible says that the Kingdom of God is within us.

Which Christian Bible, where ?
I read at Luke 17:20-21 where Jesus is talking to the hate-filled Pharisees.
There Jesus says ( KJV wording ) that he answered the Pharisees that the kingdom is within those Pharisees.
It is Not until after he talks to the Pharisees, then, in verse 22 Jesus then addresses his disciples.
Jesus teaches his disciples at Luke 19:11-15 that he would Not receive the kingdom until he returns.
So, since Jesus was 'within the reach' of the Pharisees, then in that sense the Kingdom or Government of God was within their midsts because Jesus, as king designate, was there with them willing to teach them why they should also pray ' thy kingdom come ' ( God's kingdom come ) - Revelation 22:20

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Which religions ascribe to it and why? Who established it or will establish it?
Please
Regards

The old Hebrew religion ascribed to God's kingdom government according to Daniel 2:44.
The reason why, according to verse 44, is that God's kingdom rule will replace all corrupted governments.
According to Scripture, the God of the Bible established His own Kingdom.
Jesus will ' establish ' it, so to speak, in that Jesus will exercise God's kingly authority when Jesus beings his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.- 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

pearl

The Reign of God has to do with transformation, not destruction. A transformation marked by a new experience of divine presence, both mystical and prophetic, a conversion of the heart. Established on earth by Jesus, to be fulfilled in God's time.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Kingdom of God is the power to do good.
To do good is the will of God.
Good is to propagate the fruits of The Spirit.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Kingdom of God is heaven where God has always existed. It has no mailing address. You can't go there unless your invited, and the guest list is a secret. Royalty rules of conduct are very strict. One member of "the Kingdom of God" lost residence by being rude to guests and offending the King. His name is Satan, his kingdom key was confiscated and he lost his royal membership. He has taken up residence in the universe, an immense prison cell with a lot or room, but with no card rooms or dancing girls for fun or recreation. When things get boring, there are a lot of black holes for Satan to jump through for excitement.

arthra

Baha'i
Which religions ascribe to it and why? Who established it or will establish it?
Please
Regards

The Kingdom of God is in the well known "Lord's Prayer"... "They Kingdom come Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."

So it's when the will of God is "...on earth as it is in heaven..."

There are literally thousands of references to the "Kingdom of God" in Baha'i Writings and I'll share just a few here:

Strive then, O My brother, to apprehend this matter, that the veils may be lifted from the face of thy heart and that thou mayest be reckoned among them whom God hath graced with such penetrating vision as to behold the most subtle realities of His dominion, to fathom the mysteries of His kingdom, to perceive the signs of His transcendent Essence in this mortal world, and to attain a station wherein one seeth no distinction amongst His creatures and findeth no flaw in the creation of the heavens and the earth.

(Baha'u'llah, Gems of Divine Mysteries)

And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 155)

If any man were to meditate on that which the Scriptures, sent down from the heaven of God's holy Will, have revealed, he would readily recognize that their purpose is that all men shall be regarded as one soul, so that the seal bearing the words "The Kingdom shall be God's" may be stamped on every heart, and the light of Divine bounty, of grace, and mercy may envelop all mankind.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 258)

SpiritQuest

The Immortal Man
"Jesus said ‘the kingdom of heaven is within you.’

I think if he lived nowadays, instead of ‘kingdom,’ he would have said, ‘dimension.’ And ‘heaven’ refers to a sense of vastness or spaciousness. So if we retranslate the words of Jesus into modern terms [it would be] ‘the dimension of spaciousness is within you.’

And then Jesus said — when they asked him, ‘Where is the kingdom of heaven and when is it going to come?’ — he said, ‘The kingdom of heaven does not come with signs to be perceived. You cannot say, ah, it’s over here or look, it’s over there, for I tell you the kingdom of heaven is within you.’" -- Eckhart Tolle

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Reign of God has to do with transformation, not destruction. A transformation marked by a new experience of divine presence, both mystical and prophetic, a conversion of the heart. Established on earth by Jesus, to be fulfilled in God's time.
One may like to read the following:

42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
“ ‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’h ?
43“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”
Matthew 21:42-44

Regards