• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is islam?

Fateme

What is islam?

The word islam
means voluntary "submission" or "surrender" to the will of God. It derives from the root word "salam" meaning peace.
In the Quran,God defines that the only purpose for which He created mankind is to worship Him.Islam recognizes that humankind has free choice in whether to obey or diobey God ,but ultimately we will be held accountable to God in the next life for the choices that we make in this life.(read more:concept of God in Islam)

Islamice position on prophets
God sent prophest to teach mankin
how to worship Him;starting with adam ,including Noah,Abraham,Moses,Jesus and the last of the messengers,Muhammad(peace be upon them all).The Islamic position is that all of these prophests came with the same message,that there is no deity worthy of worship except the One True God,known in Arabic as Allah.

Islam places great importance in the belief that the soul gives life to a human body.likewise,in its absence ,the human body dies and disintegrates.However, the soul is eternal and will be reunited with the body on Day of Resurrection,when God will raise everyone to answer for their deeds on earth.Islam encourages the individual to focus on keeping the soul healthy,through the rememberance ,obedience and worship of God.There should be a correct balance in strengthening the soul and not over-indulging with the pleasures of the body.

Islam:A way of life Islam is a natural way of life that encourage one to give due attention to their relationship with God and His creation. Islam teaches that it is through the doing of good deeds and seeking the pleasure of God that souls find true happiness and peace.it is in this context that the word "salam" or peace.

Source:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggsMAQ&usg=AFQjCNG4cHaAOBtMZ7n7T1BrTRE9qGIuWA

Attachments

• tmp_8698-f_what_is_islam1-150x150-1506915490.jpg
    tmp_8698-f_what_is_islam1-150x150-1506915490.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Fateme

Hello Fateme, thank you for an interesting and informative post. Would you elaborate on "a natural way of life". Are there non-Islamic versions of a natural life?
your welcome.i wonder if you know or not but other religoins have been distorted.so first can i ask you what is your religoin?

rocala

first can i ask you what is your religoin?
Hello again. I consider myself to be a Buddhist but at present I am also very interested in modern druidism. I asked my question as I have a deep interest in 'ways of life' and nature.

Fateme

Hello again. I consider myself to be a Buddhist but at present I am also very interested in modern druidism. I asked my question as I have a deep interest in 'ways of life' and nature.
only way of natural life is worship God always ofcourse i mean worship a one true God not the other gods.

rocala

only way of natural life is worship God

Thank you. With reference to my stated interests would you say that communities exist or have done where the "natural life" prevails and as a result social and environmental problems are being healed?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you. With reference to my stated interests would you say that communities exist or have done where the "natural life" prevails and as a result social and environmental problems are being healed?

I can't speak for Fatema, but in my opinion they are two different topics. I think she might be referring to the fact that in essence, the belief in God is innate and it's very natural for a human to seek a higher power or higher wisdom (i.e. God). Hence, comes the need to act upon this innate connection within us through the belief in God's message to humanity.

As for social and environmental problems being healed, it depends on whether communities are willing to go far in spreading justice and equality and apply what deem to be good for the entire society.

Fateme

sorry that i am late. It depends on the government to resolve the problems of society.a government that is based on the oneness of God and follow His book,fair and more equitable problems are solved because God wants our interest.i hope that i am clear.sorry again.

Tumah

Veteran Member
The word islam
means voluntary "submission" or "surrender" to the will of God. It derives from the root word "salam" meaning peace.
Hello, I do not speak Arabic. But on this site, it says
"Lissan al-Arab, one of the most authoritative lexicons of the Arabic language, mentions that the word 'Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender'...
Many English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words. "

Do you disagree with that information?

Fateme

Hello, I do not speak Arabic. But on this site, it says
"Lissan al-Arab, one of the most authoritative lexicons of the Arabic language, mentions that the word 'Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender'...
Many English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words. "

Do you disagree with that information?
my language is persian not arabic. The word "Islam" is derived from the rood verb "S L M (س ل م)" means submission or submit.and to fully underestand you need to know arabic rules.