• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

~What is Hell and Punishment?~

wmam

I ask what is "Hell" and what is "Punishment" associated with it?

Everything that I have been able to find is pointing to "Hell" being just the grave.

Also, "Punishment" is more of something that is mostly shown to be experienced while alive here on earth. I have only found two verses that say anything in English in the KJV that might lead one to believe of a eternal punishment but I believe them to be a mistranslation only because the majority of the uses of the words used to state such are for a earthly and mortal punishment.

How do you read it? :)

Answer only from the biblical scriptures and writings found between Genesis and Revelation. :eek:

Answers derived from secular and apocryphal works will not be accepted. :sorry1:

Green Kepi

I'm glad you mentioned biblical scriptures and writings...all these post, sometimes, just run on and on and on with opinions and hardly any of it is "backed" up with reasonable interpretation of Scripture. As you likely already know...hell and punishment has been debated "to death" :0)...however, The Lake of Fire - Rev 20:14 is the second death. Death and Hades are thrown into it. Many believe the Lake of Fire to be Hell...but you cannot thrown Hell into itself. I believe that Jesus teaches the eternal punishment to be not having eternal life. The souls of the lost are destroyed forever. What do you think so far?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Hell is being stuck in my home on a hill during a snowstorm and punishment is not being able to get to the store for my chocolate attack.....;)

Heneni

Miss Independent
Earth is hell. Its a terrible place to live in if your a child of god. Home is where god is,not here. This earth was cursed when adam sinned. Since the day it was cursed...it has been hell. It is where satan roams around looking for someone to destroy. We were prisoners here. We were sold into slavery. Where does a saviour go to rescue his people? Does he get on dry land or does he get on the sinking ship. He got on the sinking ship, earth, here is where we were kept prisoner, here is where he took the keys of hell away. We no longer have to remain here or keep on coming back here as prisoners. We are free indeed. We remain here only as long as we need to be purified. The fire of hell, is gods consuming fire. It purifies us for heaven, and it heaps coals on the wicked.

They have a lovely time here. The torturers are living it up. But their home will be destroyed and ours is still coming. He came to save us out of hell. He did not come to keep us from going there.

So when are the torturers going to be tortured? When the son of god comes. And eventually they will be cast into the lake of fire. Whereever the lake of fire is...it is filled with the holiness of god.

When jesus was about to cast demons out of a man, they said to jesus 'have you come to torture us before the appointed time'.

His holiness and presence was torture for them, while their presence in the man was torture for him. So then...wherever they are going after jesus comes back, it will be where the holiness of god burns down on them day and night. That is torture...for them. Your not going to hell, you are in it. If the fire here is uncomfortable its a good sign...if its not its a bad sign.

Heneni

logician

Earth is hell. Its a terrible place to live in if your a child of god. Home is where god is,not here. This earth was cursed when adam sinned. Since the day it was cursed...it has been hell. It is where satan roams around looking for someone to destroy. We were prisoners here. We were sold into slavery. Where does a saviour go to rescue his people? Does he get on dry land or does he get on the sinking ship. He got on the sinking ship, earth, here is where we were kept prisoner, here is where he took the keys of hell away. We no longer have to remain here or keep on coming back here as prisoners. We are free indeed. We remain here only as long as we need to be purified. The fire of hell, is gods consuming fire. It purifies us for heaven, and it heaps coals on the wicked.

They have a lovely time here. The torturers are living it up. But their home will be destroyed and ours is still coming. He came to save us out of hell. He did not come to keep us from going there.

So when are the torturers going to be tortured? When the son of god comes. And eventually they will be cast into the lake of fire. Whereever the lake of fire is...it is filled with the holiness of god.

When jesus was about to cast demons out of a man, they said to jesus 'have you come to torture us before the appointed time'.

His holiness and presence was torture for them, while their presence in the man was torture for him. So then...wherever they are going after jesus comes back, it will be where the holiness of god burns down on them day and night. That is torture...for them. Your not going to hell, you are in it. If the fire here is uncomfortable its a good sign...if its not its a bad sign.

Heneni

Not a very postive outlook on life.