• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Happening in Our Schools?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Then why does Yahweh keep knowledge from us?

What knowledge does he keep from us?

Why are we finding out knew things all the time with Yahweh?

What kinds of new things? Do you mean progressive understanding? Please be more specific.

The Bible shows that people only were party to knowledge at their time in history.

What do you think history is for? Mankind's history is an enormous learning curve. We are designed to be inquisitive and with a great thirst for knowledge. Each age has contributed to that knowledge and here we are in 2020 with the world in such dire straights that no one seems to have any solutions to our growing dilemmas, especially in drug addiction and mental health issues.....and then we have weird weather related disasters.....then there is the social and economic struggles with homelessness on the rise among blue collar workers. Couple that with world economies on the brink of collapse and political leaders acting like ego-driven buffoons, and you have a small idea of how and why the world is 'going to hell in a handbasket'....:eek:

What is Yahweh trying to teach us? At the beginning of human creation, rebellion resulted in God handing over world rulership to the "god" that they had chosen to obey. (1 John 5:19) It was to teach us a very valuable and lasting lesson about the benefits of listening to the one who created us, rather than relying on our own wisdom or the 'good ideas' that someone may present to us, but which end very badly.

As clever as we might think some humans are, what have they really done to make the world a better place?

We can put a man on the moon but we can't get along with our fellow man on earth. We now have the means to destroy every living thing on this planet through the use of nuclear weaponry or by drowning the air, land and oceans in pollution.....is that really so clever?

Humans have used the earth as a monstrous rubbish tip and now 'Mother Earth' is complaining...very loudly.
Future space travel is even threatened because of the junk we have left out there too. o_O

At the conclusion of this very important lesson all humans will know how foolish it was to defect from their Creator in the first place. This experience will create precedents for all time to come as a rule of thumb when God restores his rulership back to this earth. That I believe, was his intention all along. He is choosing citizens for his Kingdom who will love his earth as much as he does, and take care of it as he would. It is the reason why he gave us his attributes. We were supposed to be the caretakers here, but we have made a big mess of it because we thought we could do a better job of it by ourselves......it was a huge mistake.....but we will learn by it.

Understanding what God has done and why he has done it...it all makes perfect sense.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't really know how funny that statement is......you'll see. Be patient. :D
I see you now. You think others will suffer for not believing like you and you are just so super excited to see that suffering happen. Your honesty, compassion and witness are overwhelming.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I see you now. You think others will suffer for not believing like you and you are just so super excited to see that suffering happen. Your honesty, compassion and witness are overwhelming.

You see only what you want to see.....all disbelievers will believe one day......go your way in peace and remember what the Bible has told you....I assure you it will be remembered by all at some time in the future.
You are typical of those who can dish it out, but can't take it. Sorry, I can't tip toe around people like you.....

Goodbye Dan from Smithville, I'll save you the trouble of ignoring me...I'll just ignore you. No more.....:rolleyes:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You see only what you want to see.....all disbelievers will believe one day......go your way in peace and remember what the Bible has told you....I assure you it will be remembered by all at some time in the future.
You are typical of those who can dish it out, but can't take it. Sorry, I can't tip toe around people like you.....

Goodbye Dan from Smithville, I'll save you the trouble of ignoring me...I'll just ignore you. No more.....:rolleyes:
I knew you had more mean things to say to me.

You see only what you want to see. Pretending to have the ability to know who believes and who does not is not really seeing, because it is not real. You believe you can do it, but you really cant.

I figured you would ignore me or anyone else that does not agree with you blindly.

I do appreciate the brevity. A rare break from the excruciatingly long posts that appear to be to overwhelm anyone reading them.

I will miss our occasional discussions.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Faith needs no proof
But faith also does not apply as a universal standard. Different people have different faiths.

God knows who are the real deal, and who are the "weeds"....we had better know it too. God doesn't real labels....that includes my own......he reads hearts

And yet you pass judgment on others, as if you knew their hearts. You’re patently misusing the parable of the wheat and the weeds to have it say just the opposite of what it really says. In God’s kin-dom, there is no real “us vs. them.” That’s the fallacy you’re promoting and it goes directly against Matthew’s gospel message. Congratulations.

There are eight and a half million of us who can all verify that God is directing our brotherhood like no other
Oh? Really! Then please, by all means, Verify. It! I don’t believe you; show me. How can you objectively prove that God is “directing your ‘brotherhood?’”
There is criteria for calling yourself a Christian
And that criteria was set by the apostolic tradition (from which you have managed to distance yourselves).

they love their neighbors enough to give up their free time to help others to learn about the God of the Bible, his Christ and the Kingdom to come
What about learning about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? What about learning about the God who was long before the Bible, and who is embodied by the Church? What about learning about the kin-dom that already is?
Many prefer to be entertained with emotional singing and hand waving rather than taking in the life saving knowledge of the Bible
This is a judgment based on ignorance. How do you know that “entertainment” is their goal? How do you know what physical movement and engagement of emotion have to do with deeply spiritual experience for these people? Many do find physical motion and engagement of emotion to be deeply spiritually fulfilling for them, and you would speak against it? “Master! Master! We saw some guys casting out demons in your name, but they weren’t part of us, so we rebuked them!” How small of you.

Perhaps you need to be listening to the scriptures instead of trying to pick holes in my arguments....? Let the Bible speak...you don't have to take any notice of me. I am just a messenger
Perhaps we all need to listen to the Spirit within us, instead of trying to twist ancient texts to convince ourselves that we’re “right?”

Let the Spirit speak!

Isaiah was a messenger. Jesus was a messenger. Paul was a messenger. Origen was a messenger. Francis was a messenger. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a messenger. Dr. King was a messenger. John Paul II was a messenger. You’re not a messenger.

We have to make adjustments in our thinking to suit him, because he will never adjust his truth to suit the desires of flawed humans
“...And the Word became flesh and lived among us.” “... who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form...”

The parable of the leaven teaches us that the kin-dom is like this: We could not become clean enough for God, so God became dirty for us.

The Bible disagrees with you.

dfnj

Recently attention has been drawn to an "anti-bullying program"
LiveLeak-dot-com-6c8_1456746554-dykes_1456747857.jpg.resized.jpg

Are children in other countries exposed to this too?

My New Jersey schools are excellent. I'm am very pleased by my children's education here.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
What knowledge does he keep from us?

What kinds of new things? Do you mean progressive understanding? Please be more specific.

Back then they thought sperm contained the whole baby and women were just receptacles. Back then they thought epilepsy was demon possession. We have medications and medical breakthroughs that would have helped back then, but we didn't have that. So many things...

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
But faith also does not apply as a universal standard. Different people have different faiths.
Since when does God set standards for anyone but his own people? His laws only apply to his chosen nation and those who join themselves to it. Christ's commands only apply to those who want to be followers of Christ. So what is this Universal standard you speak of? Different people have different faiths? There is only one....there has always been only one. We are all on one of two roads....(Matthew 7:13-14) there is no fence between them.

And yet you pass judgment on others, as if you knew their hearts.

I pass judgment on beliefs, not people. Its not my job to judge hearts, Jesus can do that. It my job to tell people the truth.....lots of people don't want to hear it...what else is new? Noah preached an unpopular message and we know what happened to those who failed to heed his warning.....Jesus preached an unpopular message too and had nothing good to say about the religious leaders of his day......they silenced him...what has changed?

You’re patently misusing the parable of the wheat and the weeds to have it say just the opposite of what it really says. In God’s kin-dom, there is no real “us vs. them.” That’s the fallacy you’re promoting and it goes directly against Matthew’s gospel message.

Read your Bible...there has always been an "us and them". The Bible is all about the battle for the hearts and minds of us humans, and there are only two gods vying for our worship.....Jehovah and the devil. And only one of them is the true God.....the other is a fake, trying to get us to worship him. He is the one responsible for all the false religion in the world. He caters to all human tastes and desires.

What is with the abbreviation "kin-dom"? Where will I find mention of this in scripture?
You've lost the meaning of the entire theme of Jesus' preaching.
Its called a "kingdom" because it has a King (Jesus Christ) and a "dom"main over which he rules.The place where his subjects will reside. (Revelation 21:2-4)

Tell me what you believe God's Kingdom is....? What is it for, and what will it accomplish?

Then please, by all means, Verify. It! I don’t believe you; show me. How can you objectively prove that God is “directing your ‘brotherhood?’”

I have a check list...the criteria laid out in the Bible for those who claim to be disciples of Jesus Christ is.....

1) They will love God more than they love any other living thing. (Matthew 22:37-38)
2) They will be known for loving their neighbors and helping them out wherever they can. (Matthew 22:39-40; Luke 10:29-37)
3) They are preachers of God's Kingdom as Jesus instructed, making disciples and teaching them all about the Kingdom of God in every nation on earth. (Matthew 10:11-15; Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20) Jesus said that he would back this work and no other international brotherhood of Christ's followers is doing it as Jesus said it would be done.
4) They are no part of the world and its corrupt politics and materialistic lifestyle. (John 15:18-21; 1 john 2:15-17)
5) They will not join the military and train to kill other human beings. They reject the patriotic sentiment that leads to hatred and war. (Matthew 5:43-44; Acts 10:34-35) They are to be "peacemakers". (Matthew 5:9)
6) They all speak in agreement and there are no divisions among them. (1 Corinthians 1:10)
7) They worship a God who is identified by the name that he gave himself. (Exodus 3:15; Micah 4:5; Acts 15:14)
8) They uphold God's standards of morality and respect his laws regarding marriage and divorce. (Matthew 19:4-6; 9)
9) They administer discipline in their congregations because unclean spiritual or moral practices affect the whole congregation. (1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 9-13; 1 Peter 1:15-16; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7)
10) They reject the false religious teachings of Christendom as the weeds that Jesus warned us about. (Matthew 13:36-42)

I am proud to say that my brotherhood ticks all those boxes. The church I used to belong to, ticked none of them.

And that criteria was set by the apostolic tradition (from which you have managed to distance yourselves).

The criteria was set by the teachings of Jesus Christ, so these are what I follow. The apostolic tradition that was adopted by the Roman Church, does not reflect Christ's teachings at all. It was a complete departure, gradually drawing away from sound scriptural doctrine to something saturated with paganism and which became completely unrecognizable. (Matthew 7:21-23)

What about learning about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? What about learning about the God who was long before the Bible, and who is embodied by the Church? What about learning about the kin-dom that already is?

The God of Israel is the God of Jesus Christ.....and he is the God of Jehovah's Witnesses, as our name suggests. (Isaiah 43:10) Our God is not Jesus. (John 17:3)

This is a judgment based on ignorance. How do you know that “entertainment” is their goal? How do you know what physical movement and engagement of emotion have to do with deeply spiritual experience for these people?

Because Christianity is not based on emotion...it is based on knowledge. Emotions are transient...knowledge is rock solid.

Many do find physical motion and engagement of emotion to be deeply spiritually fulfilling for them, and you would speak against it?

I speak against that form of "Christianity" that draws on emotion without knowledge. Jesus' whole mission was to impart knowledge of his Father and his Kingdom. Most of those lost in emotion, don't know the Father at all, and they don't have a clue what God's Kingdom is, and what it will mean for mankind in the future.

Perhaps we all need to listen to the Spirit within us, instead of trying to twist ancient texts to convince ourselves that we’re “right?”

Let the Spirit speak!

There are deceptive spirits in the world.....we need to be careful who we listen to. (2 Peter 3:15-16; 1 John 5:19)

Isaiah was a messenger. Jesus was a messenger. Paul was a messenger. Origen was a messenger. Francis was a messenger. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a messenger. Dr. King was a messenger. John Paul II was a messenger. You’re not a messenger.

Well.....you got the first three right. Jehovah's Witnesses are all messengers of the Kingdom. Christendom is "missing in action" when it comes to identifying themselves as Christ's messengers. They prefer to remain silent as if the rocks might cry out for them. (Matthew 24:14; Luke 19:40)

“...And the Word became flesh and lived among us.” “... who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form...”

Yes, the Word did become flesh, but God did not. And yes, Jesus did exist in God's form because all who live in the spirit realm are spirits. (John 4:24)

"He did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped" Bible Gateway passage: Philippians 2:6 - Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament

The parable of the leaven teaches us that the kin-dom is like this: We could not become clean enough for God, so God became dirty for us.

That is a sickening statement. o_O Since when does a perfect God, who had to appoint a mediator between man and himself so that we could still communicate with him, make himself dirty in order to make us clean? He sent his firstborn son to do that job because no one else could.
The flesh of our Lord Jesus was sinless and offered in sacrifice for us, redeeming us out of a debt that we could never pay. Do you have no concept of the ransom? (1 Timothy 2:3-6) :facepalm:

The Bible disagrees with you.

Your posts reveal that the Bible disagrees with you. I have provided scripture for all my arguments...if you are going to respond, please do the same.

sojourner

Nonsense. The Words of the bible provides us with the Word of God and the very Words of JESUS and the Apostolic teachings.
That's the sola scriptura heresy talking. I won't be constrained to that.

Since when does God set standards for anyone but his own people? His laws only apply to his chosen nation and those who join themselves to it. Christ's commands only apply to those who want to be followers of Christ. So what is this Universal standard you speak of? Different people have different faiths? There is only one....there has always been only one. We are all on one of two roads....(Matthew 7:13-14) there is no fence between them.
Thank you for talking out both sides of your mouth. "Since when does God set standards for any but his own people?" Contrasted with: "Different people have different faiths? There is only one..."
Seems like you feel that God DOES set standards for everyone.

It my job to tell people the truth
Don't quit your day job. You're not very good at this one.

Jesus preached an unpopular message too and had nothing good to say about the religious leaders of his day
You're not Jesus. Nor are you authorized to speak for Jesus.

Read your Bible...there has always been an "us and them".
Except in God's kin-dom. As the bible teaches.

He is the one responsible for all the false religion in the world.
False? Which ones are false? Oh, wait! I know! The false ones are all the ones that YOU don't believe in. How very convenient for you!

What is with the abbreviation "kin-dom"? Where will I find mention of this in scripture?
1) The whole of the faith is not contained in the bible. Period.
2) If you can't figure out what "kin-dom" means, then you have no business passing yourself off as a pundit.

Hmmm. Let's see... "Turn your lives around, because God's kin-dom has come near." "Love God -- love neighbor; all the rest is corollary." "Do as I do." Yup. Got it.

Its called a "kingdom" because it has a King (Jesus Christ) and a "dom"main over which he rules.The place where his subjects will reside.
It's a kin-dom because most of us in the modern, Wewstern world don't have any real idea of what a kingdom is like. We've never lived in one. Even the UK isn't a real "kingdom." The Monarch is a figurehead. Additionally, Jesus said, "I no longer call you 'servants' but 'sisters and brothers' -- heirs of the kin-dom." This is a family. God is our Parent, Jesus is our brother. See how that works?

I have a check list
...because the 11th Commandment is: "Thou shalt make a list." And because Jesus went around preaching, "Turn your lives around! Oh, and before I forget, make a checklist." I'll see your "checklist" and raise you love and devotion.

I am proud to say that my brotherhood ticks all those boxes.
I'll bet you are. The rest of us "fake Christians" will happily settle for loving God and loving neighbor.

The criteria was set by the teachings of Jesus Christ, so these are what I follow.
And who propagated the teachings of Jesus? We have nothing directly from Jesus' lips. It was... who was it again? … Oh, yes! it was the Apostles who propagated Jesus' teachings, because Jesus authorized them to do that.

The apostolic tradition that was adopted by the Roman Church, does not reflect Christ's teachings at all.
Says you. What about the apostolic tradition that was adopted by the Anglicans? The Greeks? The Ethiopians? Or is this just an RCC witch hunt?

and he is the God of Jehovah's Witnesses, as our name suggests.
And God is God of all Christians, no matter what we choose to call ourselves.

Because Christianity is not based on emotion...it is based on knowledge. Emotions are transient...knowledge is rock solid.
1) Christian spirituality, O Best Beloved, is based upon a holistic approach to humanity. "You shall love the Lord your God with all your HEART (comes first in the list. Heart = emotion) and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect comes third) and with all your strength." The disciples consistently didn't understand Jesus, but they loved him and followed him anyway. That's because we are whole human beings, not disembodied brains floating around in the air.
2) Love is an emotion. Paul tells us that love "abides." It's in the book. I suggest you read it sometime.
3) Knowledge isn't "rock solid." The writers of Genesis thought the world was flat. That knowledge was supplanted.
Geez! Now I've got to school you in theology too, as well as Christian history and the bible? I should charge for this professional help.

I speak against that form of "Christianity" that draws on emotion without knowledge.
How do you know that any are "without knowledge?" How do you know? or is this an assumption on your part? You've never met me or my congregation. I'd wager that you know nothing about my denomination. You've never likely been a part of us, or have even set your little toe into one of our services or education classes. And yet you stand in judgment.

Jesus' whole mission was to impart knowledge of his Father and his Kingdom.
Jesus' whole mission was to reconcile us to God. More theology lessons. The work is never finished...

Most of those lost in emotion, don't know the Father at all, and they don't have a clue what God's Kingdom is, and what it will mean for mankind in the future.
How do you know that? Fact is, you don't know it. Or, perhaps they know God in a way that's different from the way you know God. I believe I know God differently from the way you do. This right here is a judgment of people and peoples' hearts -- not just a judgment of their beliefs, as you said in your post.

There are deceptive spirits in the world.....we need to be careful who we listen to.
I'm confident that those who are astute know the difference between what is their truth and what is deception. That sounds like a difference between us: I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their spiritual discernment. It looks to me as if you don't particularly, based on what I've read of your posts.

Jehovah's Witnesses are all messengers of the Kingdom.
You're not authorized by apostolic authority to do that. Of course, you may witness to your own faith, but I hope you don't pretend to speak on behalf of the Faith.

Christendom is "missing in action" when it comes to identifying themselves as Christ's messengers.
Again: Origen, Francis, Dietterich Bonhoeffer, Dr. King, John Paul II, and, for that matter, Gene Robinson, William Barber, Mother Teresa, etc. How in the world can you say that these people have been "missing in action?" Bonhoeffer and King were martyred for being messengers. This is nothing more than self-aggrandizement and self-deception on your part.

They prefer to remain silent as if the rocks might cry out for them.
Uh huh. King never wrote letters from jail, and never spoke out saying that he had a dream. Bonhoeffer never wrote anything that got him in trouble with the German authorities. Teresa never spoke through her acts of mercy. Yes, all but the JWs have remained absolutely tacit...

Yes, the Word did become flesh, but God did not.
"...and the Word was God." Of course, a passage you've chosen to twist. Oh, well. I suppose the biblical texts can't please everyone...

"He did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped
You conveniently omitted the next clause: "But emptied himself, taking on the form of a servant" (humanity).

That is a sickening statement.
I'm sorry you think so. Perhaps you could just omit that parable from your own texts then. Wouldn't want to afflict the Comfortable, after all...

The flesh of our Lord Jesus was sinless and offered in sacrifice for us, redeeming us out of a debt that we could never pay. Do you have no concept of the ransom?
Sure I do. A ransom is something a kidnapper extracts from his victims. Fortunately, God is love rather than coercion. Fortunately, God chose, out of love, to dive into this messy soup we call "humanity" and reconcile us to God.

Your posts reveal that the Bible disagrees with you.
In your view, which I believe is myopic.

if you are going to respond, please do the same.
Nope. You're not going to hog tie me to your pet heresy of sola scriptura. I have the apostolic Tradition, as well as the biblical texts.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I pass judgment on beliefs, not people. Its not my job to judge hearts, Jesus can do that. It my job to tell people the truth.....lots of people don't want to hear it...what else is new? Noah preached an unpopular message and we know what happened to those who failed to heed his warning.....Jesus preached an unpopular message too and had nothing good to say about the religious leaders of his day......they silenced him...what has changed?

Read your Bible...there has always been an "us and them". The Bible is all about the battle for the hearts and minds of us humans, and there are only two gods vying for our worship.....Jehovah and the devil. And only one of them is the true God.....the other is a fake, trying to get us to worship him. He is the one responsible for all the false religion in the world. He caters to all human tastes and desires.

Its called a "kingdom" because it has a King (Jesus Christ) and a "dom"main over which he rules.The place where his subjects will reside. (Revelation 21:2-4)

Tell me what you believe God's Kingdom is....? What is it for, and what will it accomplish?

I have a check list...the criteria laid out in the Bible for those who claim to be disciples of Jesus Christ is.....

1) They will love God more than they love any other living thing. (Matthew 22:37-38)
2) They will be known for loving their neighbors and helping them out wherever they can. (Matthew 22:39-40; Luke 10:29-37)
3) They are preachers of God's Kingdom as Jesus instructed, making disciples and teaching them all about the Kingdom of God in every nation on earth. (Matthew 10:11-15; Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20) Jesus said that he would back this work and no other international brotherhood of Christ's followers is doing it as Jesus said it would be done.
4) They are no part of the world and its corrupt politics and materialistic lifestyle. (John 15:18-21; 1 john 2:15-17)
5) They will not join the military and train to kill other human beings. They reject the patriotic sentiment that leads to hatred and war. (Matthew 5:43-44; Acts 10:34-35) They are to be "peacemakers". (Matthew 5:9)
6) They all speak in agreement and there are no divisions among them. (1 Corinthians 1:10)
7) They worship a God who is identified by the name that he gave himself. (Exodus 3:15; Micah 4:5; Acts 15:14)
8) They uphold God's standards of morality and respect his laws regarding marriage and divorce. (Matthew 19:4-6; 9)
9) They administer discipline in their congregations because unclean spiritual or moral practices affect the whole congregation. (1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 9-13; 1 Peter 1:15-16; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7)
10) They reject the false religious teachings of Christendom as the weeds that Jesus warned us about. (Matthew 13:36-42)

I am proud to say that my brotherhood ticks all those boxes. The church I used to belong to, ticked none of them.

The criteria was set by the teachings of Jesus Christ, so these are what I follow. The apostolic tradition that was adopted by the Roman Church, does not reflect Christ's teachings at all. It was a complete departure, gradually drawing away from sound scriptural doctrine to something saturated with paganism and which became completely unrecognizable. (Matthew 7:21-23)

The God of Israel is the God of Jesus Christ.....and he is the God of Jehovah's Witnesses, as our name suggests. (Isaiah 43:10) Our God is not Jesus. (John 17:3)

I speak against that form of "Christianity" that draws on emotion without knowledge. Jesus' whole mission was to impart knowledge of his Father and his Kingdom. Most of those lost in emotion, don't know the Father at all, and they don't have a clue what God's Kingdom is, and what it will mean for mankind in the future.

There are deceptive spirits in the world.....we need to be careful who we listen to. (2 Peter 3:15-16; 1 John 5:19)

Well.....you got the first three right. Jehovah's Witnesses are all messengers of the Kingdom. Christendom is "missing in action" when it comes to identifying themselves as Christ's messengers. They prefer to remain silent as if the rocks might cry out for them. (Matthew 24:14; Luke 19:40)

Yes, the Word did become flesh, but God did not. And yes, Jesus did exist in God's form because all who live in the spirit realm are spirits. (John 4:24)

"He did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped" Bible Gateway passage: Philippians 2:6 - Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament

That is a sickening statement. o_O Since when does a perfect God, who had to appoint a mediator between man and himself so that we could still communicate with him, make himself dirty in order to make us clean? He sent his firstborn son to do that job because no one else could.
The flesh of our Lord Jesus was sinless and offered in sacrifice for us, redeeming us out of a debt that we could never pay. Do you have no concept of the ransom? (1 Timothy 2:3-6) :facepalm:

Your posts reveal that the Bible disagrees with you. I have provided scripture for all my arguments...if you are going to respond, please do the same.
I know you won't see this. Something about my being thin skinned, so you had to run away in a huff and hide. That's weird.

Anyway, your words seem reactionary and angry. Unfortunately, not atypical of what I have seen from you before. You judge people all the time. Without any qualifications to do so other than you decided you were better.

Oh the irony! You talk of deceptive spirits, caution us to be careful who we listen to, then become inflamed when we don't bend to your judgement and threats. You are seeing that caution in action and it sends you on an emotional tirade.

You cherry pick scripture to find verses that say what you want. Come up with interpretations that favor your desired outcomes. Declare this is all truth without benefit of reason or evidence. Then stomp your feet and run away when challenged.

I find little knowledge here and mostly emotion. If the message here is to compel me to join you, it fails. If it is to insult and denigrate those that do not blindly agree with you, so you can feel better about yourself, only you can know if it worked. From my perspective that fails as well.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You don't really know how funny that statement is......you'll see. Be patient. :D
You are judging me.

You say, I don't know. My words are funny. I'll be sorry.

The latter would be true if I tossed off all reason and blindly followed you.

3rdAngel

That's the sola scriptura heresy talking. I won't be constrained to that.
According to the scriptures the only heresy is to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God and reject the scriptures. According to the very words of JESUS those who follow the teachings and traditions of men over the Word of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. This is apostolic teaching *ACTS 5:29. It seems you do not believe it. They are God's Words not mine. I know who I believe and follow and it is not you. :)

sojourner

According to the scriptures the only heresy is to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God and reject the scriptures. According to the very words of JESUS those who follow the teachings and traditions of men over the Word of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. This is apostolic teaching *ACTS 5:29. It seems you do not believe it. They are God's Words not mine. I know who I believe and follow and it is not you. :)
"According to scriptures," as I have both said to you and to the poster to which I responded here, is not a valid argument. It's not the only heresy. But, since you raise the issue, not even the bible suggests that the bible is the only source for God's word. So, even were your statement valid, it would still be wrong.