• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is "God's Will?"

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
"God's will" as it is generally used just seems to me to be simple resignation to the fact that many things are beyond our control and all we can do is hope for the best. You might as well say "s--t happens."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God's will....as seen from this linear perspective?

First to say.....'I AM!'

Then the rest of creation...the order seems mixed...depends on who you talk to.

Then to say ...Let there be Man....

This linear existence provides that we learn all that we can before we die.
Our bodies are able this much.
What we learn we take with us beyond the last breath.

God's will that we live in heaven?.....I would like to think so.
God's will that some of us won't?....seems more to you're ability than not.

I suspect to walk among angels we need do so with grace....and peace.
I don't think anything else will do.

So...God's will is a puzzle?

starlite

Texasgirl
God's will seems to be clearly stated at : 1 Timothy 2:4 which reads..."whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
if something is the will of their god, the event or behavior is justified, accepted, or in some respects validated. After the will of their god is invoked, the event or behavior in question is often viewed as beyond questioning or criticism; that is the way things are supposed to be, The End.
I can't speak for others, but what it means to me. I believe the concept to be similar to Wu Wei in Taoism. Wu Wei means "action (that is) non-action," the way of things. Self and God/World become one (unity) such that there is no action that is not intended and not natural. Natural intention=god's will. I also believe the concept is shaped in various ways by housing it in duality where "god" is separate from "self," resulting in people expressing it in terms of submission or surrender to god's will.