• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's name

A

angellous_evangellous

More on listening to others for the Enchanted One:

Pr 1:5 - Show Context A wise man will hear and increase in learning, And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel

Pr 3:5 - Show Context do not lean on your own understanding.

Pr 15:32 - Show Context He who neglects discipline despises himself, But he who listens to reproof acquires understanding.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
EnhancedSpirit said:
The Jews have remained loyal to the laws of the Almighty, do you really think they have not retained HIS name?
We have His name, it is the pronounciation which has been lost since the days of the Temple

A

angellous_evangellous

jewscout said:
We have His name, it is the pronounciation which has been lost since the days of the Temple
Yes... it died with the last high preist.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Perhaps your journey will lead you also to the conclusion that God created the Church the exist communally. We need eachother. If God spoke to you, then you have the responsibility to tell the community and allow your revelation to be reviewed. God's "voice" to the individual is almost always limited to the individual and not for the community. That is, you may think that you have encountered a truth for everyone, but in fact God is working on you devotionally where you are completely unaware of His presence.

If you wish to continue "just asking God" you are going to end up alone and outside of the community of faith, as you have already abandoned the Christian confession.

By claiming to simply ask God, you are claiming to be a prophet.
You are absolutely right, I do have the responsibilty to tell what I have learned. I was not sure how to do that exactly. So like always, I asked God what I should do next. And I am here. And I could not get God's word through, because it is a book, and my posts kept getting cut because it appeared that I was just trying to sell a book. So I have spent the last few weeks putting together a website. I just uploaded it yesterday. I have not finished the store page, but that is not the important part. And I am still working on some of the details, but you are welcome to see the truth that God has given me.

God's Honest Truth

I also agree that I am not alone. I do need each and everyone of you. And you are here for a reason.

And when I have a question concerning the TRUTH. I do not go to a man, (any man or woman) and ask 'what is the truth', I ask God, now the answer may come from another person, or it might come from a book, or it might come from a flower in my garden.

When I commune with God, I feel different than when I'm just going through the motions of daily life.

And I have never considered myself a prophet. I did become an ordained minister, but that was because God put it before me. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I don't think I'm a preacher, and I don't like speaking in front of crowds. All I know is I get really exited about showing others what God has shown me.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
ps I have not abandoned Christianity, Jesus is the light that guides my path. He is my saviour, for he has shown me the way. But God is my father. And while I honor Christ for sacrificing for my sin, I do not worship him over the "Father".