• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Eco spirituality?

Noaidi

slow walker
Not a term with which I am familiar. Does it mean communing with nature?

To an extent, yes, although it recognises that we are part of Nature. I say this because 'communing with nature' may imply a separation between us and it.
Eco-spirituality is concerned with a sense of place ie. a recognition of our place in the landscape and in relation to other organisms, and people derive their spiritual values and feelings from this connection.
Most of the Nature-based faiths (and many people of no faith, myself included) utilise this view.

A good journal that often has papers on eco-spirituality is The Trumpeter - Journal of Ecosophy:
http://trumpeter.athabascau.ca/index.php/trumpet

Last edited:

mitra

For me ecology-spirituality is me can talk to nature, earth, water, fire, air, sun, moon, trees, river, animals, flowers me can talk to. And me not need use words like like we people do. I can talk to nature in many more ways than me talk to people. And they all understand me and I understand them and I come away with good feeling, same as when me finish nice meal or talk somebody heart to heart.
Thank you for you put this question.

Thanks