• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is A Sharona?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As I understand it, it's about a guy that walks into a convenience store and lusts for the girl behind the counter.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A guy walks into a store and instantly falls in love with the girl behind the counter -- what's so disturbing about that?

Well, for one thing, the real-life girl at the center of the Knack's smash hit 'My Sharona' was only 17, a fact referenced in rather Prince-ly detail in the lyrics: "Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind / I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind." Didn't realize those were the words you and your friends were dancing along to, huh?
The Knack, 'My Sharona' – Disturbing Songs People Love

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
From Urban Dictionary

Sharona
An amazingly woman that is both beautiful inside and out. A caring and kind heart but is also shrewd. Often shy yet very loyal. Very hot and sexy. Sometimes scared of things yet willing to give it a go anyway. She is truely amazing if you find one hold onto her, as you will never find a better person.
Person 1 "Who's that hot chick over there"
Person 2 "Sharona"
Person 1 "I wish she was 'My Sharona'"

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
A guy walks into a store and instantly falls in love with the girl behind the counter -- what's so disturbing about that?

Well, for one thing, the real-life girl at the center of the Knack's smash hit 'My Sharona' was only 17, a fact referenced in rather Prince-ly detail in the lyrics: "Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind / I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind." Didn't realize those were the words you and your friends were dancing along to, huh?
The Knack, 'My Sharona' – Disturbing Songs People Love
Wow, there's quite the story in that song. Thank you. :)

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Didn't realize those were the words you and your friends were dancing along to, huh?
I never danced to it but heard it often on the radio. It was quite the hit in its day. I find myself nostalgic for the music of my past years. There were songs I didn't care about at the time that now serve as a connect to days of my youth.:)