• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "if" you are wrong

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well said. Nobody needs sex unless they want to have a child. People only want sex.
Nobody "needs" sports either, or education, or clothes, or hygiene products, or a comfortable matras to sleep on, or shoes, or.....

But they'll be a lot healthier (physically, emotionally, psychologically) with access to all these things. And that most DEFINITELY includes sex.

Sex, furthermore, is about the best way to bond with your partner and that has nothing to do with procreation and everything with being a happy couple in a healthy relationship.

So.... if the goal here is to have a tight relationship and be physically, emotionally and psychologically healthy... then yes: you NEED sex.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nobody "needs" sports either, or education, or clothes, or hygiene products, or a comfortable matras to sleep on, or shoes, or.....

But they'll be a lot healthier (physically, emotionally, psychologically) with access to all these things. And that most DEFINITELY includes sex.
You are correct in saying that nobody needs those things you mentioned, not in order to survive, but things like education, good hygiene, a good mattress to sleep on, and shoes to wear are beneficial. Sex is not beneficial, and can be very harmful.

Do you watch any true crime programs on TV? Sex and money are the primary causes of murder. People call adultery love, but sex is not love, it is sex.
People who really love each other don't have to have sex, they want to, and people have sex for physical pleasure, which is not a necessity.
Sex, furthermore, is about the best way to bond with your partner and that has nothing to do with procreation and everything with being a happy couple in a healthy relationship.
Sex is not necessary in order to bond with a partner. Sex is a choice and there is nothing unhealthy about choosing not to have sex in a relationship.
I know married couples who do not have sex and they have long happy marriages.
So.... if the goal here is to have a tight relationship and be physically, emotionally and psychologically healthy... then yes: you NEED sex.
No, nobody needs sex, people just want sex, and sexual desire is a major contributor to the downfall of society. If people only had sex in marriage that would be fine and good, but we all know that people have sex outside of marriage, and married people have sex with those they are not married to, leading to divorce and broken families, not to mention that many people have sex that results in unwanted pregnancies, making abortion necessary. All around, sex causes many problems in society and it has no real benefits, except for procreation.

dfnj

To all that believe a god does exist and those that believe(or lack belief) a god does not exist.....
What if you are wrong? Will it matter?

No, it doesn't matter either way. Based on human experiments, there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will.

The main problem with God is God doesn't really answer prays very well. God is always choosing his "long term plan" over short-term intervention. So what this means is, in my opinion, is if we soil our own bed, no one but ourselves is going to clean up our mess. In other words, people have to behave like adults which means taking responsibility for what each of us is NOT responsible for. The answer is not God. The answer is not Jesus. The only answer that ever works is people solving their own problems making God irrelevant.

Really? Give us examples of a large society that has no government and has civil order. Realize even churches have governing hierarchies. So explain your claim here.
If such a things doesn't exist now, it does not mean it could not exist. Also, I am not sure do we have order even now, with all the tyrannical governments oppressing people.

If church would be loyal to Jesus, as it should, there would be no hierarchy except this.

For they bind heavy burdens that are grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not lift a finger to help them. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad, enlarge the fringes of their garments, and love the place of honor at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, the salutations in the marketplaces, and to be called 'Rabbi, Rabbi' by men. But don't you be called 'Rabbi,' for one is your teacher, the Christ, and all of you are brothers. Call no man on the earth your father, for one is your Father, he who is in heaven. Neither be called masters, for one is your master, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you will be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Matt. 23:4-12
Give us examples of each of these claims. What has Biden done against the constitution, and what has he done against the 1st amendment?
"A federal appeals court ruled on Friday that the Biden administration most likely overstepped the First Amendment by urging the major social media platforms to remove"

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Maybe Biden just don't remember his oath.
Is it up to you, and anyone else, to decide who is Christians and who isn't?
I think Jesus is the right person to say who is Christian:

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:31-32

And as said in the Bible, a Christian means a disciple of Jesus.

…The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26
Christians get to home school their kids and indoctrinate them, so why can't Muslims have their rules for their families and religious community?
Ok, I can accept that, if it is not forced to others.

The J6 criminals who have been convicted have been convicted of crimes, and Trump has promised to pardon them despite being convicted criminals that have never been exonerated.
I don't think they have been judged correctly. For example because people who made much worse things, have had no consequences, like Ray Epps, who incited the whole event, got nothing meaningful, while people who didn't do anything serious rot in Biden's dungeons without fair trial.
My comment was, "You support forcing unwanted pregnancies to term." Did you want to address THAT? Do you deny it? Do you think that a pregnant woman who wants an abortion should be forced to give birth to that fetus against her will (rhetorical question - of course you do)?
I think murder is wrong. But, I don't prevent any other murders either.
The god you believe in inflicts gratuitous suffering on much of mankind in its petulant, intolerant rage. It created hell for that purpose.
Why do you think hell is for that?

I would like to know, if God would sent everyone who hates him to their own reality, where they could be freely as godless as they want, and God would leave them there to be alone and would do nothing to them, would it be good? Would you like to be in a such reality?
Your Christian values are FAR from my humanist values. A humanist would consider that immoral.
So, you would like evil to continue forever and make life eternal suffering for all, why?

No. Infanticide concerns born children. Babies, infants, toddlers...
It does not concern embryo's.
What is the meaningful difference between "embryo" and an infant that has just born?
Homosexuals seem to be fascist, that is why I understand if someone fears them. Still, I think people should not fear any humans.
So why do you care about abortion?
Atheists always say babies are innocent. Why would I not care when people kill innocent babies?
Right, because your biblical beliefs have made you morally bankrupt. "might makes right" is your morality.
I think that is an evil lie.
In your mind, rape and murder...
I think murder and rape are always wrong. That is why I am against abortions.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You are correct in saying that nobody needs those things you mentioned, not in order to survive, but things like education, good hygiene, a good mattress to sleep on, and shoes to wear are beneficial. Sex is not beneficial, and can be very harmful.

That is just plain wrong. Sex is very beneficial. It's beneficial for the bond between partners, it's beneficial for mental health, etc.
Yes, it can be harmful also. Same goes for sports. I can assure you that. My messed up shoulder and elbow most certainly can after playing 10 years of high level competitive tennis.

To say that sex is not beneficial, is mindblowingly ignorant.

Do you watch any true crime programs on TV? Sex and money are the primary causes of murder. People call adultery love, but sex is not love, it is sex.
People who really love each other don't have to have sex, they want to, and people have sex for physical pleasure, which is not a necessity.

Sex is not necessary in order to bond with a partner. Sex is a choice and there is nothing unhealthy about choosing not to have sex in a relationship.
I know married couples who do not have sex and they have long happy marriages.

No, nobody needs sex, people just want sex, and sexual desire is a major contributor to the downfall of society. If people only had sex in marriage that would be fine and good, but we all know that people have sex outside of marriage, and married people have sex with those they are not married to, leading to divorce and broken families, not to mention that many people have sex that results in unwanted pregnancies, making abortion necessary. All around, sex causes many problems in society and it has no real benefits, except for procreation.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What is the meaningful difference between "embryo" and an infant that has just born?

Homosexuals seem to be fascist, that is why I understand if someone fears them. Still, I think people should not fear any humans.

Atheists always say babies are innocent. Why would I not care when people kill innocent babies?

I think that is an evil lie.

I think murder and rape are always wrong. That is why I am against abortions.
It's like talking to a wall

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think they have been judged correctly.
You don't think that any of the J6 convicts have been treated justly? That suggests to me that you don't know what justice is. They committed crimes and were held accountable. That's justice, not looking the other way.
Why do you think hell is for that?
Hell exists to torture. If your god wasn't interested in torturing people, it could close hell down.
Homosexuals seem to be fascist
Actually, your comment seems more fascistic that having sex.
I think murder and rape are always wrong.
Then you support the E. Jean Carroll judgements? I think a third one may be coming down the pike.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is just plain wrong. Sex is very beneficial. It's beneficial for the bond between partners, it's beneficial for mental health, etc.
Yes, it can be harmful also. Same goes for sports. I can assure you that. My messed up shoulder and elbow most certainly can after playing 10 years of high level competitive tennis.

To say that sex is not beneficial, is mindblowingly ignorant.
Sex can be beneficial for a bond between partners, but it can also cause division and dissension, if one person wants sex and the other doesn't.

Sex is not necessary for mental health, and it can be either good or bad for mental health, depending upon the person.

All you have is a biased personal opinion. Of course you can find websites that say sex is beneficial.
It took me less than 10 seconds to find this. :rolleyes:

Sex isn't always necessary. But it can be an important part of a healthy, fulfilling relationship. How important sex is can vary from one individual to the next. Some people may feel that being a sexual couple is absolutely vital. Mar 21, 2023

How Important Is Sex in a Relationship? - Verywell Mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is sex a want or a need?

Is sex a need or a desire? - Quora

It can - depending on the individual - be either or both. If you have a healthy libido and are not getting any, it becomes a need. If you're getting it on a regular basis and you enjoy it, it's a desire. If you have an insatiable sex drive, it's both. May 20, 2016

If you have no desire for sex then it is not a need or a want. Should a person be forced to have sex if they have no need or desire for sex?

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sex is not necessary for mental health, what a crock.

Sex can help you to relax, and take your mind off everyday worries and anxieties. During sex your body releases endorphins and oxytocin, and these feel-good hormones create feelings of relaxation and intimacy, as well as helping to stave off anxiety and depression.​

You may object but sex does has benefits for mental health

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sex can help you to relax, and take your mind off everyday worries and anxieties. During sex your body releases endorphins and oxytocin, and these feel-good hormones create feelings of relaxation and intimacy, as well as helping to stave off anxiety and depression.​

You may object but sex does has benefits for mental health
I just edited my post before I saw your post.
I said: Sex is not necessary for mental health, and it can be either good or bad for mental health, depending upon the person.

How is sex beneficial for mental health if someone does not desire sex?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I just edited my post before I saw your post.
I said: Sex is not necessary for mental health, and it can be either good or bad for mental health, depending upon the person.

How is sex beneficial for mental health if someone does not desire sex?

I would say not desiring sex in itself is bad for mental health, bad for a relationship which in turn puts pressure on mental health, bad for personal image which is not good for mental health.

And my post 491 gave several reasons sex is goid for mental health, denying oneself these benefits will effect mental health

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would say not desiring sex in itself is bad for mental health, bad for a relationship which in turn puts pressure on mental health, bad for personal image which is not good for mental health.

And my post 491 gave several reasons sex is goid for mental health, denying oneself these benefits will effect mental health
You still are not getting it.

People do not choose what they desire. Desire for sex is mostly controlled by hormones but it is also related to one's thoughts about sex.

If someone is not in a relationship sex cannot put pressure on a relationship.

If someone is in a relationship and one person wants sex and the other doesn't that puts pressure on both parties, so they have to work it out.

Desiring sex is bad for my personal image given my beliefs about sex, which in turn is bad for my mental health.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You still are not getting it.

People do not choose what they desire. Desire for sex is mostly controlled by hormones but it is also related to one's thoughts about sex.

If someone is not in a relationship sex cannot put pressure on a relationship.

If someone is in a relationship and one person wants sex and the other doesn't that puts pressure on both parties, so they have to work it out.

Desiring sex is bad for my personal image given my beliefs about sex, which in turn is bad for my mental health.

Wrong, I'm getting plenty, it's you who isn't getting it.

Its, also controlled by attraction and love. Not having that desire makes little difference to the psychological outcome

I have given my opinion backed up by psychology, what you choose to do is up to you

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Wrong, I'm getting plenty, it's you who isn't getting it.

Its, also controlled by attraction and love. Not having that desire makes little difference to the psychological outcome

I have given my opinion backed up by psychology, what you choose to do is up to you
Not having sexual desire is controlled by hormones. That is why men who who are older take testosterone to boost their desire.

Not having desire makes a lot of difference to the psychological outcome. Not having desire means you don't miss it.

My opinion is based upon science and religion. Psychology is not a science.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not having sexual desire is controlled by hormones. That is why men who who are older take testosterone to boost their desire.

Not having desire makes a lot of difference to the psychological outcome. Not having desire means you don't miss it.

My opinion is based upon science and religion. Psychology is not a science.

Nope, your opinion is based on opinion, certainly not science, though your religion does drive you.

And psychology is a science

From the university pf Bolton, Is Psychology a science?
Yes! Psychology, at its core, is all about the scientific method. It uses empirical research and careful observation to examine how people behave and think.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Sex can be beneficial for a bond between partners, but it can also cause division and dissension, if one person wants sex and the other doesn't.

Sex is not necessary for mental health, and it can be either good or bad for mental health, depending upon the person.

All you have is a biased personal opinion. Of course you can find websites that say sex is beneficial.
It took me less than 10 seconds to find this. :rolleyes:

Sex isn't always necessary. But it can be an important part of a healthy, fulfilling relationship. How important sex is can vary from one individual to the next. Some people may feel that being a sexual couple is absolutely vital. Mar 21, 2023

How Important Is Sex in a Relationship? - Verywell Mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is sex a want or a need?

It can - depending on the individual - be either or both. If you have a healthy libido and are not getting any, it becomes a need. If you're getting it on a regular basis and you enjoy it, it's a desire. If you have an insatiable sex drive, it's both. May 20, 2016

If you have no desire for sex then it is not a need or a want. Should a person be forced to have sex if they have no need or desire for sex?
And you continue to argue with the scientific facts.

What you are doing is like arguing that engaging sports isn't all that because playing high-level tennis destroys your arm or high-level soccer destroys your knees and raises chances of brain problems of doing headers.

:shrug:

You don't think that any of the J6 convicts have been treated justly? That suggests to me that you don't know what justice is. They committed crimes and were held accountable. That's justice, not looking the other way.
When Ray Epps, the person who incited the event, is free, there is no just reason to keep the others in Biden's dungeons. But, please tell, one example of a crime they committed?
Hell exists to torture.
If you mean with torture, that person is conscious and lives in constant pain, I don't think that is what the Bible teaches, for example because according to it, eternal life is only for righteous and hell is the place where soul and body are destroyed.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Don’t be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna [hell].
Matt. 10:28

If it would be so that I have misunderstood that, and evil people live also eternally, but just in their own place, I think the pain would come from their own actions, not from God. As we can see already in this world, evil people make life suffering. If they would live eternally, they would make life eternal suffering.
Then you support the E. Jean Carroll judgements?
What do you mean with that?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Ray Epps, the person who incited the event, is free, there is no just reason to keep the others in Biden's dungeons.
I don't know who that is. It seems that you think he committed crimes and should be incarcerated, too, and that if he's not, everybody else convicted of crimes that day should be released. If so, I don't agree.
please tell, one example of a crime they committed?
You'd need to see the charges they were convicted of on a case-by-case basis. Some were convicted of seditious conspiracy.
If you mean with torture, that person is conscious and lives in constant pain, I don't think that is what the Bible teaches
That's what the church teaches. That's what the priests, pastors, and ministers teach their adherents.
What do you mean with that?
You wrote, "I think murder and rape are always wrong" and I replied, "Then you support the E. Jean Carroll judgements? I think a third one may be coming down the pike."

Trump raped her according to a court of law. I'm assuming that since you consider rape wrong, you think that the judgment against Trump both for raping her and for defaming her thereafter were just. Just kidding. I assume that you think no form of accountability for Trump is just whatever the crime and the evidence. If a jury convicts him, you will think its partisan politics and undeserved. Am I wrong there?