• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you are wrong ?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Luke Wolf said:
No. Ill sneak in all (almost all) RF members. I will direct deem the more friendly RF members who were found not worthy to the back door, possibly the amythist gates, tiger's eye gates, or maybe even the iron gates.
Cool:jam: You rock!

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I think it would be more traumatic to find out you were wrong if you were one of those people who so firmly believe that their way is the only way and everyone else is damned. I think under those circumstances, finding out you were wrong would pretty much shake your worldview in a huge way.
Personally, I'd probably go,'They were the only people who got it right? Ok then, colour me - insert faith here - then.' You'd have to be a nitwit to deny you had it wrong when you were faced with the ultimate proof.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Luke Wolf said:
No. Ill sneak in all (almost all) RF members. I will direct the more friendly RF members who were found not worthy to the back door, possibly the amythist gates, tiger's eye gates, or maybe even the iron gates.
You know , I have always wondered why an afterlife would need gates ?

Anywho , I have always had a thing for Tiger's Eye , so I will meet you there Luke . ;)

BTW Lady L , I think that you are likely correct . :) Personally , I would have a lot of " why's " , but most likely could accept just about anything .

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Pearl is symbolic for purity . But why would the realm of an Almightly God need gates ? :)

But of course , that is symbolic also , I believe .

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
kreeden said:
Pearl is symbolic for purity . But why would the realm of an Almightly God need gates ? :)

But of course , that is symbolic also , I believe .
Question: why would the realm of an Almightly God need gates ?

Answer: to keep ogres out.:biglaugh:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
michel said:
Question: why would the realm of an Almightly God need gates ?

Now that would take more then a gate Michel . ;) Armed and electrified ... perhaps . lol

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
kreeden said:
Now that would take more then a gate Michel . ;) Armed and electrified ... perhaps . lol
Well, I am sure God could muster the odd thunder-bolt, in your honour.....:shout

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Cool . I like thunderbolts and lightning . :)

But seriously , I doubt that He would need it to keep such as me out . The very idea of my will vs His will .... Knockout :help:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ill make sure to have an extra-large ogre's gate ready in the back of Heaven just incase.
And access keys to shut off the electricity for a few short seconds. And then again, an ogre is much bigger and stronger than me, so I don't think God would hold it against me if I just stepped to the side and said go on ahead.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hmmm , it looks like I will have to live down that Shrek thing again . He has been an embrassment to ogres everywhere .

You guys do realize that ogres aren't a creature , so much as they are a type of creature , don't you ? And that ogres already have a special place in the afterlife for them ? If an ogre were to walk through the gates of Heaven , he would be told to get back where he belonged , and to get to work . An ogre is a Punisher , the term comes from Orcus , the Punisher of Oath Breakers , but the term wasn't used until a few hundred years ago , to describe a type of monster .

EDITED TO ADD : And we are NOTHING like an onion ! :mad:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And we are NOTHING like an onion !
mad.gif
What about a parfiet?:biglaugh:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
You see a parfait as a punishment Luke ? Interesting . :) But no nothing like a parfait neither . :)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
If I was wrong then, then I would embrace truth. At this point there would be no question as to what it would be. But how many of us would embrace truth, whether you liked what you found or not?

~Victor

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I would be more shocked if I were %100 right than if I were wrong. :D

The pursuit of truth is a lifetime job. I do my best to keep chipping away at understanding the truth, but I know that my understanding is hopelessly flawed. The life we live is a hard one: no one gets out alive.

BFD_Zayl

i hope you dont mind if i use my mystical powers and revive this old dead post...

i dont know about you, but i have faith in my religion and its afterlife. besides even if i WAS wrong, i do enough good actions in my life that im pretty sure that any god would accept me... holiness lies within your heart, not your religion. remember that.

evearael

What if you find yourself standing in front of an afterlife that you never believed in ? What then ? What would you do ?
As long as it is merciful and just, I don't particularly care because I don't live my life merely for priviledges in the hereafter. If it is not merciful and just, I will likely spend a good part of eternity rather annoyed.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Somebody has been digging ... ;)

The question was asked light heartitly , in regards to how you would handle the shock of being wrong for however long ... I agree , it is what is in the heart that matters { at least the way I see it } .

And Evearael , I can see myself following God around for a few days , saying " Yea , but .... " quite a bit ...... ;)