• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, if anything, is clearly sexually immoral?

Just thought I'd try a slightly different approach to an age old question. So what, if anything, can we agree is sexually immoral? And why?

I really don't get sodomy, especially if it's between a male and female.

I'd say it's is wrong for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'd say rape would be the only thing, but that is just my opinion. And with rape, this includes pedophilia.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really don't get sodomy, especially if it's between a male and female.

I'd say it's is wrong for obvious reasons.

Do objects and/or body parts really belong in a persons colon?
There are a differences of opinion on aesthetics, and then there are actual arguments for what should be considered immoral for rational reasons, and those two things differ immensely.

Around 1/4th or 1/3rd of people have had anal sex, so clearly it appealed to most of them. Oral sex, manual sex, anal sex, and various other sexual activities may appeal to some people but not others, and views may vary significantly between cultures. Reputable professional medical organizations around the world generally don't have positions against safe forms of anal sex.

I don't see what your obvious reasons are.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think having sex with your direct relatives like your children and your uncle.Of course rape that would automatically include children) and having sex with animals.(and please NO ONE argue with me if an animal can give consent!)

Great thread topic, and some great responses here.

One sexually immoral act that I don't think was specifically mentioned so far is consensual sex with a third party, when it amounts to cheating on your partner.

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Just thought I'd try a slightly different approach to an age old question. So what, if anything, can we agree is sexually immoral? And why?

Rape, beastiality, incest, pedophilia, all kinds of ****** up death-related stuff and the like. For me, anything that is:

A) without a consent
B) includes non-humans
C) includes close family members
D) includes children
E) includes death.

And personally, anything that derives from basic sexual experience (i.e, pole in - any - hole for recreational, moderate satisfaction purposes); foremost, anything that isn't an expression of pure love. This was under personal listing though - the list A-E I consider an imperative for all and everybody.

:3

Skwim

Veteran Member
Our Creator, I believe, has the ultimate say on what is immoral. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 list practices God says are immoral:"Those who are sexually immoral,...adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality." Fornication, prostitution, bestiality, and other perversions are likewise condemned by God. Colossians 3:5 urges: "Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry."
I notice that while men are forbidden from submitting to and practicing homosexual acts, women are not. Simply an oversight by god or do women get a pass on this sin?

Such practices are always harmful. Some effects are emotional distress, unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, broken homes and families, and the list goes on.
"Always"!!!! My, my you've certainly set yourself up as an expert of the results of homosexuality, adultery, fornication, and such. Care to cite your background, because I have it on personal experience that what you say simply isn't so. Many of my partners and I happily fornicated with absolutely no emotional distress, unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, or broken homes and families. In fact, one of them and I are married to each other.

Amandi

Rape (I include a lot under this label), misrepresentation of truth (ie STDs, birthcontrol), anything non-consentual, incest without ensuring no children are produced.

Rape (I include a lot under this label), misrepresentation of truth (ie STDs, birthcontrol), anything non-consentual, incest without ensuring no children are produced.
Do you feel that incest is not immoral if it is ensured that no children are produced?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, I'm just curious.

Amandi

Do you feel that incest is not immoral if it is ensured that no children are produced?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, I'm just curious.

And if no one is forced or coerced, no I dont. I only use immoral for things that hurt people other than those partacking in them.