• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What I don't know 1

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Stlekee,
Altho knowing so little about the origin of my predestinable being,
and garnering so little aquired additional gnosis,
I have to think I have become myself.
In the short time that I have left to climb the staircase of wisdom,
I fear that I will not ever get to the plateau of success,
and I will never rise to a level of knowing enough.
~
So I agree with your thinking.....we never know enough !
~
Nice post
~
`mud

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
By Vedic thinking, "time" didn't exist before the creation,
and from that time forward, time hovered over the water.
And so by all that thinking, the creator created "time".
~
And is still just hovering over the deep.
~
Whatever.....
~
`mud

hey Stlekee,
Altho knowing so little about the origin of my predestinable being,
and garnering so little aquired additional gnosis,
I have to think I have become myself.
In the short time that I have left to climb the staircase of wisdom,
I fear that I will not ever get to the plateau of success,
and I will never rise to a level of knowing enough.
~
So I agree with your thinking.....we never know enough !
~
Nice post
~
`mud

Mornin' Mister `mud,

Ye are a scholar and a gentleman, sir. "knowledge" as alleged by the many fails in comparison to the gnosis of ye soul. If I wore a hat, I would uncover me head to ye, instead I shall hear ye in the shell by the sea.

bestest,
swampy

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Swampy,
To you, my excellent friend, I owe a lot of the thinking that comes from within my mind,
and to you I give gracious thanks for a large portion of my thoughts.
Now and forever, thank you.
~
`mud

hey Swampy,
To you, my excellent friend, I owe a lot of the thinking that comes from within my mind,
and to you I give gracious thanks for a large portion of my thoughts.
Now and forever, thank you.
~
`mud

`mud,

Tis not often that I blush, but your kind words are as the soaring seagul. Many thanks,

best,
always,
yes,
swampy

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Swampy,
In a humorous vein, or is that vain.
Just don't feed them !! :rolleyes:
~
`mud

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
Mud, does the 'sandy toes' reference refer to the fact you you don't wear shoes? I like that philosophy. I once went a year without shoes, but, alas, I broke a toe walking across a beautiful grassy field. I banged my big toe on a sprinkler head!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Stlekee,
I never wear shoes when I'm on the beach, in the house, in the garden, on the driveway, or swimming.
I wear them in restaurants, retail stores, cactus gardens, or church.....about once a year on average,
I take that back....the last time I was in church......hell...I don't really remember...a wedding I guess !
I don't ever, ever wear socks, at least for about 30 years, and my feet don't ever smell !
OH YES......I wear them in the garage, sawdust and nails and such, and a bug now and then.
~
`mud

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
hey Stlekee,
I never wear shoes when I'm on the beach, in the house, in the garden, on the driveway, or swimming.
I wear them in restaurants, retail stores, cactus gardens, or church.....about once a year on average,
I take that back....the last time I was in church......hell...I don't really remember...a wedding I guess !
I don't ever, ever wear socks, at least for about 30 years, and my feet don't ever smell !
OH YES......I wear them in the garage, sawdust and nails and such, and a bug now and then.
~
`mud

Hi, `mud. I went for a run this morning, and I often like to take my shoes off for the last half mile to a mile or so and run barefoot. Different muscle- and balance-building.

Today I stepped on a big bur/prickle thing. :eek: So far I've managed to avoid rusty nails or roadkill, though.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Song,
Here in central Fl., we have a terrible grass called a sandspur, they grow like weeds.
They have about a dozen barbed needles on them, hard to get them out.
Other than those devils, not much bothers me, except the stingrays, there really nasty.
I mentioned the cactus gardens didn't I, gotta watch those buggers !
Why don't you wear your shoes all the way, I do 2 to 3 miles when I go.
It's been too hot lately, but it's getting cooler now and we can start going again.
~
Later songster,
`mud

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
hey Song,
Here in central Fl., we have a terrible grass called a sandspur, they grow like weeds.
They have about a dozen barbed needles on them, hard to get them out.
Other than those devils, not much bothers me, except the stingrays, there really nasty.
I mentioned the cactus gardens didn't I, gotta watch those buggers !
Why don't you wear your shoes all the way, I do 2 to 3 miles when I go.
It's been too hot lately, but it's getting cooler now and we can start going again.
~
Later songster,
`mud

Because when I run barefoot I feel like a stud. I imagine everyone who drives by is impressed - "Look, there's a real athlete!"

I have plantar fasciitis, which is a fancy name for sore arches. Barefoot running cures it for me. Though round these here parts, it will soon be too cold to wear anything but parkas and mukluks or moonboots.

With that sandspur, I imagine you don't have a lot of barefoot runners.:areyoucra

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Song,
That sounds painfull...
You must live in Palen country...or maybe Canada ?
Good luck with that problem though.
Surprisingly...there's a lot of barefeeters here, dispite the sandspurs.
Later
~
`mud