• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What has your God done for you???

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
What has your God done for you???

alot! Saved me(By the Cross) from eternal death, gives me himself(In the eucharist) Delivered me from a hard core addiction! Took my mother home, gave me a bride and formed her into the perfect wife. Helped me get through school so far and remain faithful. gave me his calling as a adopted Son. Gave me great Priest(spiritual directors) to talk with. Gave me his Mother(Rev 12:17). Gives me the church universal he founded as a guide to all truth(1 tim 3:15). Gives me life!
That's awsome ,but I personally won't convince anyone by mere confession alone that I am saved and going to heaven,I must have that inner assurance.
As long as one has the witness of the Holy Ghost within them that says,
Rom 8:16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
1Jo 4:13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
2Cr 1:22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Eph 4:30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

athanasius

That's awsome ,but I personally won't convince anyone by mere confession alone that I am saved and going to heaven,I must have that inner assurance.
As long as one has the witness of the Holy Ghost within them that says,
Rom 8:16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
1Jo 4:13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
2Cr 1:22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Eph 4:30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

I have no idea what your getting at here or what your problem with my praises to God were? :confused:

BFD_Zayl

done for me? ....well thats a good question. Thanatos is the very essence of death, so he has given me the energy to do my workings (some say he was also the one who introduced necromancy to humanity) if thats the case i'm not sure what else i can give him, as he already has my everlasting gratitude. Hades offers me sanctuary when i pass on and in some cases gives me sanctuary here (when i have a rough day he comforts me) and Hecate....well...i owe her quite a bit. since she is the Goddess of sorcery and magic, so you can well imagine how much she has helped me.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I have no idea what your getting at here or what your problem with my praises to God were? :confused:
I am sorry, i gave that impression,I certainly have no probblem with your confession of God,I guess what I was referring to was that to have that inward assurance of the Holy Spirt is what God does to those who trust Jesus as Savior,that is what he has done for me.

My confession of God is great but what confirmation one gets from the holy Spirit is what really sustains me personally

anders

Don't address me. I believe in no gods, so they haven't done anything to/for me. I can't even imagine something that myself and nature and environment can't be the only explanations of.

:eek:m: I gentoo personally feel the warmth and understanding of thease gods you serve, stay on the path that your on it works for you beloved, but in my faith which is monothiestic sindhu i serve LORD SHRI-KRISHNA(God the surpreme) and he advises that we should not worship the demi-gods being that it is indirect worship of the surpreme himself, the blessings you incur while worshipping the demi-gods is purely material, while direct worship of the Godhead you incur both spriritual and material benediction......:meditate:

Dr. Nosophoros

Why even attempt to be "even handed" when your heart and mind tells you different your words and tone show the true purpose of your topic, you might as well come out and say it. God gave his only begotten son for you and he suffered and died for you to be saved, all you have to do is believe in him.

Honestly, if you have read this far I am going to say you are right, peace is only known through belief in God, giving up my idea of pride in myself and my mind and giving it to God was the best thing I have ever done, If feel as if a 1,000 pound load has been unloaded off of my back, God provides for those that believe in Him. I am happier now than I have been in years, it was so easy to see his face, but I made it so hard.