• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens After You Die?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Great article and it looks like a great website. A place where the paranormal can be discussed intelligently. It's such a shame that so few people know much at all about the material in the article. I don't just mean it's a shame they don't accept it but a shame they don't even know about it.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Just by reading the first few paragraphs I can tell you that there are already some things that are not the case according to those who actually dwell on the other side. For one, the food is completely bland and tasteless to them. They don't have a sensation of feeling hungry. They can and do sometimes lie about things. They do speak using words and many of them speak in their native tongue. They communicate and interact just like humans, but without the physical body.

---

Last edited:

Knight of Albion

Just by reading the first few paragraphs I can tell you that there are already some things that are not the case according to those who actually dwell on the other side. For one, the food is completely bland and tasteless to them. They don't have a sensation of feeling hungry. They can and do sometimes lie about things. They do speak using words and many of them speak in their native tongue. They communicate and interact just like humans, but without the physical body.

---

I would have to challenge that, dear Runewolf.

On the Other Side, we have no physical body to sustain and therefore there is no requirement to eat.
On the Other Side we are breatharians ...

Communication is through thought transference. (Even one can 'talk' with animals/beloved pets.) Something picked up on by experiencers of NDEs.

Knight of Albion

Great article and it looks like a great website. A place where the paranormal can be discussed intelligently. It's such a shame that so few people know much at all about the material in the article. I don't just mean it's a shame they don't accept it but a shame they don't even know about it.

I would agree. There is acceptance of knowledge and there is, what you might call, knowledge of knowledge. One might say what is the value of the latter if it is not accepted, but at the right time, the knowledge kicks in and then 'you' understand.

Spirituality, from the perspective of both the giving and receiving. is very much a case of 'planting seeds' for the future.

George-ananda

Premium Member

---

Remember my friend Mr. Runewolf, that you and your girlfriend (as you have explained to me in the past) experience earth-bound spirits. Your view might be skewed by seeing disproportionately more troubled souls. The article was talking about the majority of souls who are in a much better state.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I would have to challenge that, dear Runewolf.

On the Other Side, we have no physical body to sustain and therefore there is no requirement to eat.
On the Other Side we are breatharians ...

Communication is through thought transference. (Even one can 'talk' with animals/beloved pets.) Something picked up on by experiencers of NDEs.

As I said, they can not taste food, nor can they smell it. They have no feeling of being hungry, so they neither require food nor do they necessarily feel the desire to eat.

Typical communication among them is not by use of thoughts, rather it is through actual verbalization...they use words just like we do. They don't always understand each other. They speak different languages just like we do. The reason why we cannot hear their words is because they speak on a completely different frequency than we do. We are not tuned into that frequency. When we reach that other side however, our frequency will match there's and we will be able to hear their voices. My girlfriend who literally sees and talks to spirits does in fact talk to them using her normal voice and words and they understand her and she understands them. She does not communicate with them through "thought". You cannot "talk" or communicate with animals or pets on that realm any more than you can talk with them on this realm. Every person has at least one "spirit" animal that follows them around everywhere they go. They are basically like animal spirit companions. Many people have more than one animal, I have two. My girlfriend cannot talk to my wolf, but she does actually hear it howling once in a while.

You don't have to take my word for it, but this information is all coming from someone who literally sees and talks to the dead. Do be fooled by those who "think" they know what goes on on the other side because many times they are wrong. It is not this happy, lovey-dovey realm where everyone gets along and everyone understands each other and no one fights and everyone gets to do everything they ever wanted. They actually have something quite similar to a government there with their own sets of laws or rules to prevent too much interference with the living realm. My girlfriend is actually somewhat afraid of breaking any of their rules because they are capable of taking away her "gift" of sight. However, sometimes she sees it as more of a curse. She sees things that are sometimes so horrific or frightful that no person should ever have to see. She's learned to cope with it. She's become accustomed to seeing dead people walking around horribly disfigured from such things as car accidents or burning buildings or even suicide victims. That's the norm for her.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Spirituality, from the perspective of both the giving and receiving. is very much a case of 'planting seeds' for the future.

I very much agree. I was saying I am miffed that the seeds never get spread very far in the general population. A large consensus thinks that, 'nobody knows what happens to you when you die but probably nothing'. I just wish more at least knew there are credible theories out there from intelligent people.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Remember my friend Mr. Runewolf, that you and your girlfriend (as you have explained to me in the past) experience earth-bound spirits. Your view might be skewed by seeing disproportionately more troubled souls. The article was talking about the majority of souls who are in a much better state.

Those who are in a better state are the ones who already crossed over. There are some that choose to stay were they are and act as "guides" for the newly deceased. Andrew is one of them. He is extremely compassionate for someone basically the equivalent of a Grim Reaper. No, he does not walk around with a scythe, lol. From their perspective, there is no "higher state" that they are aware of. There is the living and there is the dead, and that is all. No "higher realms". It is what it is.

---

Last edited:

Sees

Dragonslayer
A lot of it gels with my traditions, of course :) spheres = realm/world/heim...shamanistic and animistic traditions all over use different imagery and lingo for thousands of years in developing allegorical tales that talk about this stuff

George-ananda

Premium Member
Those who are in a better state are the ones who already crossed over. There are some that choose to stay were they are and act as "guides" for the newly deceased. Andrew is one of them. He is extremely compassionate for someone basically the equivalent of a Grim Reaper. No, he does not walk around with a scythe, lol. From their perspective, there is no "higher state" that they are aware of. There is the living and there is the dead, and that is all.

What you and your girlfriend tell us about the other side is absolutely fascinating to me and is consistent with many other things I've heard. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there is some way to show these abilities to communicate with the other side to our skeptical friends in a way that will at least give them pause for thought.

But, I'm not sure if you acknowledged my point that the OP article was describing the more typical afterlife state which is much better and above the earth-bound state you have described.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
What you and your girlfriend tell us about the other side is absolutely fascinating to me and is consistent with many other things I've heard. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there is some way to show these abilities to communicate with the other side to our skeptical friends in a way that will at least give them pause for thought.

But, I'm not sure if you acknowledged my point that the OP article was describing the more typical afterlife state which is much better and above the earth-bound state you have described.

My girlfriend would never discuss this herself over a forum like this or to anyone personally. She say's I'm the only person who she's really ever discussed, let alone went into great detail with about her visions. Her own mom knows very little about this. Her close friends know nothing about it. She doesn't mind that I talk to others about it so long as I leave her personal identity out of it. She doesn't want people to ridicule her or call her a liar or a fake. She most definitely is not any of these. She would just as soon not tell anyone anything. Guess I was the lucky chosen one that way...lucky enough to meet her and earn her trust that way.

Those ones who you speak of who are in a better state still reside in that same plane as the earthbound ones. That "better state" has more to do with the quality of their own mental state. They don't actually reside in a different realm, they are just not bothered by the troubled ones. It is really what you make of it. Depending on what your own mental state is when you cross over, that place can be like heaven, or it can be like hell. For those such as yourself, George, it is generally quite peaceful and blissful and the transition is easy. In that state it is easier to reunite with loved ones, provided they are still around. Some of them won't wait around for you though, they will just cross over into the next life. For others, that realm or that transition might be a nightmare. For most it is just plain confusing. It is a general feeling or sense of "This shouldn't be happening. This can't be real. Why am I here?"...that type of thing. Eventually they come to grips with it though and learn to accept their place or find their way. There are some that are just plain stubborn and ceaselessly continue searching for their god or something they will never find. They wander around hopelessly and seemingly lost.

I have actually tried in the past to figure out some way to prove that what my girlfriend was seeing was real. I have asked her to try to get one of her spirit friends to move an object or make a noise or do something to show me that the spirit was actually there. They actually don't like that. They consider that to be interference with the living realm and to them that is taboo. They don't like being "tricked" into doing something they don't want to do. They would never sit still long enough to be scientifically analysed, they want nothing to do with it, it is against their "way". They say either you believe in them or you do not. You get to find out sooner or later. It is just one of those things we have to find out on our own.

When my girlfriend was in her teens, she told her parents about her visions. They took her to a doctor who naturally put her on medication for what they assumed was schizophrenia. Not surprisingly the visions did in fact stop for her. She stopped seeing spirits. What I believe happened is that the chemicals in the medication altered her brain's ability to tune into those other frequencies. She said it just didn't feel right when she was on the medication. She felt drugged and that those visions were chemically forced to go away. They were not meant to go away though, that was her gift. She did not see things like your usual schizophrenic person would. She did not see other "living" humans that looked and acted normal that were just not real or not actually there. She seen people that were quite visibly dead, or that she knew had died. She even saw the spirit of her best friend before she even knew she was dead. Her mom told her later that her best friend had committed suicide, but she already knew this because she had seen her ghost. That's a hell of a way to find out your best friend just committed suicide...seeing their ghost. The ones she sees show all the scars and and the trauma associated with death. These are not simply "illusions" her brain is creating. She decided to stop the medication and just accept her gift of being able to see the dead.

---

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
My girlfriend would never discuss this herself over a forum like this or to anyone personally. She say's I'm the only person who she's really ever discussed, let alone went into great detail with about her visions. Her own mom knows very little about this. Her close friends know nothing about it. She doesn't mind that I talk to others about it so long as I leave her personal identity out of it. She doesn't want people to ridicule her or call her a liar or a fake. She most definitely is not any of these. She would just as soon not tell anyone anything. Guess I was the lucky chosen one that way...lucky enough to meet her and earn her trust that way.

Those ones who you speak of who are in a better state still reside in that same plane as the earthbound ones. That "better state" has more to do with the quality of their own mental state. They don't actually reside in a different realm, they are just not bothered by the troubled ones. It is really what you make of it. Depending on what your own mental state is when you cross over, that place can be like heaven, or it can be like hell. For those such as yourself, George, it is generally quite peaceful and blissful and the transition is easy. In that state it is easier to reunite with loved ones, provided they are still around. Some of them won't wait around for you though, they will just cross over into the next life. For others, that realm or that transition might be a nightmare. For most it is just plain confusing. It is a general feeling or sense of "This shouldn't be happening. This can't be real. Why am I here?"...that type of thing. Eventually they come to grips with it though and learn to accept their place or find their way. There are some that are just plain stubborn and ceaselessly continue searching for their god or something they will never find. They wander around hopelessly and seemingly lost.

I have actually tried in the past to figure out some way to prove that what my girlfriend was seeing was real. I have asked her to try to get one of her spirit friends to move an object or make a noise or do something to show me that the spirit was actually there. They actually don't like that. They consider that to be interference with the living realm and to them that is taboo. They don't like being "tricked" into doing something they don't want to do. They would never sit still long enough to be scientifically analysed, they want nothing to do with it, it is against their "way". They say either you believe in them or you do not. You get to find out sooner or later. It is just one of those things we have to find out on our own.

When my girlfriend was in her teens, she told her parents about her visions. They took her to a doctor who naturally put her on medication for what they assumed was schizophrenia. Not surprisingly the visions did in fact stop for her. She stopped seeing spirits. What I believe happened is that the chemicals in the medication altered her brain's ability to tune into those other frequencies. She said it just didn't feel right when she was on the medication. She felt drugged and that those visions were chemically forced to go away. They were not meant to go away though, that was her gift. She did not see things like your usual schizophrenic person would. She did not see other "living" humans that looked and acted normal that were just not real or not actually there. She seen people that were quite visibly dead, or that she knew had died. She even saw the spirit of her best friend before she even knew she was dead. Her mom told her later that her best friend had committed suicide, but she already knew this because she had seen her ghost. That's a hell of a way to find out your best friend just committed suicide...seeing their ghost. The ones she sees show all the scars and and the trauma associated with death. These are not simply "illusions" her brain is creating. She decided to stop the medication and just accept her gift of being able to see the dead.

---

Always fascinating to me. I do believe it.

Certainly the Psychiatric world does not recognize such things and will mislabel it.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
My girlfriend does not consider herself to be “enlightened”, nor does she have any psychic abilities that she is aware of. When she was around 10 years old, she was involved in a car accident/rollover where she had suffered a head injury. Somehow, ever since then she has been able to see these things. I think the trauma of being hit triggered something inside of her, as though something just went “click”…an on/off switch in the brain. She lost the ability to see color in one eye and also has a bit of short term memory loss associated with this as well. However, for everything that she might have lost, she gained something even more remarkable…the gift of second sight. Somehow it was as though something just opened up inside of her, a door to a whole different world.

The way I see it, the brain does not produce our consciousness (our ability to interact), it merely limits what we are conscious of and limits our ability to interact. Those interactions are fundamental and will persist even without the brain. When one is free of the confines of the brain, that ability to interact becomes almost limitless. When people experience trauma to the brain, it can go two ways. It can either damage our ability to interact and limit us even further (I would say this is probably the most common outcome), or sometimes it can actually open up that ability and we can in turn become aware of or sensitive to things we never even knew existed. That is what I believe happened to her.

From what I've understood about shamanism, it isn't until the person experiences some sort of devastating or traumatic illness and survives that they acquire their shamanic abilities, healing, "seeing", or otherwise. The thing is, we always survive our illnesses, no matter how great they may be. We survive on into the next life, so it could very well be some past life incident that affects how we "see" things in this life. Interesting that it is the trauma that allows for those other "hidden" abilities to manifest. Perhaps that trauma can be so great it literally in a way "shakes" us or our energy into another dimension. Hmm...there's another interesting theory. :) I don't know if anyone really knows how this all works though. To be honest even those on the other side say they don't know how this all works either. All they know is that they are there and we are here. We must simply do our best, accept our place in the universe and move on.

---

Last edited:

BTROD

Cosmic Clown
This is a subject I have been interested in for 40 plus years. My favorite NDE writer/researcher/speaker is PMH Atwater who had three NDE's herself. My own NDE was a beautiful experience which I can recall as clearly as when it happened.

After leaving my temporary physical vehicle I entered a darkness(not frightening) of black and brown swirling clouds until I arrived in a most Beautiful Place. Words can never do justice to what I experienced. This Beautiful Place had colors which vibrated and danced, each color was alive, these colors made our Earth colors appear as black and white! I moved effortlessly, floating would be more apt of a description; and yet it still cannot describe how I made my way in this most Beautiful Place.

This Beautiful Place had golden sand everywhere, and flat roofed bungalow type buildings made from sandstone, the sky was a blue I'd not seen on Earth. I remember thinking how beautiful and bright the Sun was, and I searched the sky to see it but could not find it! Yet there was a beautiful bright shining Sun somewhere. All the colors were dancing and vibrating and communicating with me, everything was within me; was this a 'sign' of the Oneness of It All?

My final destination was a cathedral type building, it was huge! The floor was black and white marble tiles, I looked to see if I could see my own reflection - I couldn't! I looked upwards and the ceiling was way, way up! Their were stained glass windows, 12, but I cannot say of what.

Then I was asked three questions.

Are you ***** - I replied 'yes'.
Do you believe in G_d - again I answered 'yes'.
Do you love G_d - again I responded 'yes'.

And then I returned to my physical body.

On my return to the physical arena I suffered with a deep depression. Took me six months to re-adjust! I was 12. I was also a rebel at school and against religion and G_d; so my answers surprised me! I understand why I answered yes to loving G_d - because deep, deep down at the soul level we all do, as we all come from the One Source.

The role I am playing as BTROD is a temporary one, it is not who I truly am. My attitude towards religion at that time in my Journey was heavily influenced by my Dad! He was anti religion in a big way! I followed suit! I am now in my 50's and I am tolerant of religion although I am of the opinion that religion is a divisive tool.

But we must experience what we experience, and that includes religion. I have reached the point where I have dropped all beliefs although I do enjoy discussing belief systems! I find belief systems suffocating and restrictive, I prefer to attempt to be authentic as much as is possible; I am working through my conditioning! Its an ongoing project!

I do though, like the Sufi Way and am reading the books of Hazrat Inayat Khan, which I cannot recommend highly enough. I am currently reading The Way Of Illumination, its so intoxicating :D

Namaste,

BTROD

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My experience did not have the same visual....
But it felt like going home.

The Earth was gone....nothing around me but the stars of heaven.

Awaking had a strange feel.
I didn't want to.

I'm going back.

George-ananda

Premium Member
This is a subject I have been interested in for 40 plus years. My favorite NDE writer/researcher/speaker is PMH Atwater who had three NDE's herself. My own NDE was a beautiful experience which I can recall as clearly as when it happened.

After leaving my temporary physical vehicle I entered a darkness(not frightening) of black and brown swirling clouds until I arrived in a most Beautiful Place. Words can never do justice to what I experienced. This Beautiful Place had colors which vibrated and danced, each color was alive, these colors made our Earth colors appear as black and white! I moved effortlessly, floating would be more apt of a description; and yet it still cannot describe how I made my way in this most Beautiful Place.

This Beautiful Place had golden sand everywhere, and flat roofed bungalow type buildings made from sandstone, the sky was a blue I'd not seen on Earth. I remember thinking how beautiful and bright the Sun was, and I searched the sky to see it but could not find it! Yet there was a beautiful bright shining Sun somewhere. All the colors were dancing and vibrating and communicating with me, everything was within me; was this a 'sign' of the Oneness of It All?

My final destination was a cathedral type building, it was huge! The floor was black and white marble tiles, I looked to see if I could see my own reflection - I couldn't! I looked upwards and the ceiling was way, way up! Their were stained glass windows, 12, but I cannot say of what.

Then I was asked three questions.

Are you ***** - I replied 'yes'.
Do you believe in G_d - again I answered 'yes'.
Do you love G_d - again I responded 'yes'.

And then I returned to my physical body.

On my return to the physical arena I suffered with a deep depression. Took me six months to re-adjust! I was 12. I was also a rebel at school and against religion and G_d; so my answers surprised me! I understand why I answered yes to loving G_d - because deep, deep down at the soul level we all do, as we all come from the One Source.

The role I am playing as BTROD is a temporary one, it is not who I truly am. My attitude towards religion at that time in my Journey was heavily influenced by my Dad! He was anti religion in a big way! I followed suit! I am now in my 50's and I am tolerant of religion although I am of the opinion that religion is a divisive tool.

But we must experience what we experience, and that includes religion. I have reached the point where I have dropped all beliefs although I do enjoy discussing belief systems! I find belief systems suffocating and restrictive, I prefer to attempt to be authentic as much as is possible; I am working through my conditioning! Its an ongoing project!

I do though, like the Sufi Way and am reading the books of Hazrat Inayat Khan, which I cannot recommend highly enough. I am currently reading The Way Of Illumination, its so intoxicating :D

Namaste,

BTROD

Very interested and I also believe in such astral places although I have never had such an experience with this body.

I am always amazed at the certainty of people that have had these experiences in their belief that the experience was not just a hallucination of a traumatized human physical brain. What is your reply to Skeptics that say your experience was just a hallucination?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

I am sorry but the paranormal can never be discussed intelligently :D

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

Because the ghost in my room told me so :yes:.

My mother believes to this very day that she has had multiple paranormal encounters, but the issue is that they were a result of me and it was all accidental.
You have no idea how easy it is for people to assume "paranormal" then exit the realm of believability very quickly.

I am perhaps one of the few people who has admitted to having a "mystical experience" and realizing it was only in my head.