• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Gospel or Contemporary songs do you Enjoy?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I have a fair few. I like mostly inspirational songs, though I don't mind something slow and meaningful either. I love Something Beautiful, Something Good. I also love Rejoice in the Lord by Karen Peck, a great, upbeat inspirational song.

Smoke

Done here.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Oh yeah I like River of Jordan and Rough Side of the Mountain. The Principles do a good version of River of Jordan

jsimms435

I like Chris Tomlin and some of his songs. He does a great version of "Amazing Grace" and "Made to Worship" is a good one too.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I like a few contemporary Christian artists, but overall I'd say the genre is less than stellar.

I much prefer old Southern Gospel:

[youtube]J1yR6ay13bM[/youtube]
YouTube - Willie Nelson - Amazing Grace

[youtube]08e9k-c91E8[/youtube]
YouTube - Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

[youtube]4emATIkaEBo[/youtube]
YouTube - Alison Krauss - Down to the River to Pray (Lyrics in desc.)

[youtube]sdRdqp4N3Jw[/youtube]
YouTube - Alison Krauss-Gillian Welch - I'll Fly Away

[youtube]Hje9vyn5ki8[/youtube]
YouTube - What a Friend We Have in Jesus....bluegrass gospel by Ida Red

[youtube]-42NzUuUlLY[/youtube]
YouTube - Lyle Lovett and his Large Band - Church

[youtube]Ys0H1CMpJSo[/youtube]
YouTube - Aaron Neville - Song of Bernadette

[youtube]8N0HjtDfn18[/youtube]
YouTube - OPERATOR/MANHATTAN TRANSFER WITH LAUREL MASSÉ

WedGirl

JesusLuvsU
I was looking for posts on Christian music and found a few threads...including this one. Happy to see that there's a place to post a few videos of contemp. Christian artists' music that I like.
Don't know if your computer is like mine...but to get the "full effect" to hear and feel the music...I had to turn up my pc volume to at least 70-80 in speaker volume to fully feel them.
All three are great imho...hope you love them too! Will try to post a few others when I can.

Note: the 1st two songs are English-speaking songs...and the last one is sung in the African language I believe it to mean Jesus is Here with Us. It's upbeat and beautiful! Cranked up it makes me want to dance around my house, lol. Ummm...hope nobody's watchin'. :p

YouTube - ‪I will rest in you‬‏
YouTube - ‪Jaci Velasquez-On My Knees (Watch other videos on IHSGDF Channel.)‬‏
YouTube - ‪Yesu Azali Awa-Selah‬‏