• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What ever happened to ISIS?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Just joking about Trump and bigger bombs being the reason. ISIS has been mostly defeated, and I congratulate Muslims who largely played a vital role in fighting them!

The thing I admire about ISIS, is much of what to they do, is them actually doing much of what the Koran says to do. I can admire obedience to your Religion, even if I don't agree with it.

However, good riddance to toxic rubbish!

Rest in peace! We don't miss you! But God have mercy on them nontheless.

They thought they were doing God's will, and the Koran says Islam is the only acceptable Religion, and calls Muslims to "fight Jews, Christians, and Pagans, until Islam is the only Religion left."

If a person wants to obey the repeated call of the Qu'ran to violence and bigotry, they aren't entirely at fault for doing what they believe to be "Allah's will" and "obedience to God."

So, I hope God takes it into account when such people are judged.

And I can forgive them for following the Qu'ran. I hope God is as forgiving as I am.

I love and pity "radical Muslims" who are braiwashed and recruited at a young age. But sometimes, if your dog has been infected with rabies, you shoot your dog, while you love the sick creature at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaper

Ave Satanas
They faced a string of defeats in Iraq and Syria, thus what little remains of Daesh has been pushed underground.
Good riddance! May Allah show them no mercy for their crimes.

5:32 "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
They faced a string of defeats in Iraq and Syria, thus what little remains of Daesh has been pushed underground.
Good riddance! May Allah show them no mercy for their crimes.

5:32 "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely."
He can say whatever words of peace he wants, and its good to know he had some good, worthwhile things to say.

But if someone like Adolf Hitler says and does some good things, should we attack his actions, and expose his errors any less? The Qu'ran is filled with bigotry, antisemitism, and calls to oppress non-muslims and destroy cultures:

2:193-“Fight against them (unbelievers) until there is no dissension, and the religion is for Allah.”
Fight until no other religion exists but Islam.

3:28-“The believers should not take the unbelievers as friends or helpers in preference to the believers. He who does this does not belong to Allah in anything, unless you have a fear of them.”

3:151-“We will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.”

4:89-“”Seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

5:51-“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors

8:12, 14-“I shall cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Strike them above the necks, smite their finger tips…. the punishment of the fire is for the unbelievers.”

9:1, 3, 5 and that Allah will humiliate the unbelievers…. And give glad tidings to the unbelievers of a painful punishment…. When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Take them and confine them, then lie in ambush everywhere for them.”

47:4-“Therefore, when you meet the unbelievers smite their necks, then, when you have killed many of them, tie the bonds

98:6-“The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the idolaters shall be for ever in the fire of gehenna (hell). They are the worst of all creatures.”

Koran 9:5 "Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.

Koran 9:30 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam" Koran 5:33 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water melt their skin and bellies." Koran 22:19 Koran 3:28 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur'an."

5:33 Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption (mischief) is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
May Allah show them no mercy for their crimes.
May God show them abundant mercy!

I love my enemies and want them to be free of their errors, and make it to heaven!

ISIS was cutting off heads because Muhammad (peace be upon him) cut off heads.

ISIS killed non-muslims because their "word of God" says it's noble and praisworthy to do so.

They believed they were pleasing God and doing God's will!

They were brainwashed, recruited, and pressured.

It wasn't entirely their fault, so I hope they can find purification, forgiveness, enlightenment, transformation, and eternal rest for their souls!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Mass Shootings is the biggest fad now. Isis doesn't pull in ratings like they did.
Basically this. ISIS is in military retreat or containment at present, there's not much breaking news about them to be had. Unfortunately, the Anglophone Western news media is very much stuck in the "if it bleeds it leads" paradigm. It's the same with many issues. When's the last time you saw an update on the Ebola outbreak and its long term ramifications? Heck, whens the last time you heard a news report on Puerto Rico? I had friends in Iran and Afghanistan in the late 'oughts, you know the comment they got the most when they got home? "Oh, I didn't know we still had anyone there". The business model of our news media is to keep people scared and on edge. You can't do that talking about static situations, so the media is always looking for the next big scary outrage to breathlessly report, and happy to drop older stories when they become old news.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yea, I don't hear about that group too much, lately.
Oh, they will be back, possibly under a new name. The Qu'ran has enough verses to support such bigotry, hate, and violence, that there will always be a significant presence of people who are infected by it.

We can't entirely fault people for obeying their "Word of God" and "Prophet".

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What happened to ISIS?

The same thing that will happen to everyone else!

They made mistakes, errored in judgement, labored in vain, sinned, suffered, fell apart, or left their lifeless bodies behind to fertalize soil and feed worms (or turn to ash)!

It's what everybody does eventually! :D

Deidre

Oh, they will be back, possibly under a new name. The Qu'ran has enough verses to support such bigotry, hate, and violence, that there will always be a significant presence of people who are infected by it.

We can't entirely fault people for obeying their "Word of God" and "Prophet".

Do you think that ISIS misinterprets Islam?

danieldemol

Premium Member
He can say whatever words of peace he wants, and its good to know he had some good, worthwhile things to say.

But if someone like Adolf Hitler says and does some good things, should we attack his actions, and expose his errors any less? The Qu'ran is filled with bigotry, antisemitism, and calls to oppress non-muslims and destroy cultures:

2:193-“Fight against them (unbelievers) until there is no dissension, and the religion is for Allah.”
Fight until no other religion exists but Islam.

3:28-“The believers should not take the unbelievers as friends or helpers in preference to the believers. He who does this does not belong to Allah in anything, unless you have a fear of them.”

3:151-“We will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.”

4:89-“”Seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

5:51-“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors

8:12, 14-“I shall cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Strike them above the necks, smite their finger tips…. the punishment of the fire is for the unbelievers.”

9:1, 3, 5 and that Allah will humiliate the unbelievers…. And give glad tidings to the unbelievers of a painful punishment…. When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Take them and confine them, then lie in ambush everywhere for them.”

47:4-“Therefore, when you meet the unbelievers smite their necks, then, when you have killed many of them, tie the bonds

98:6-“The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the idolaters shall be for ever in the fire of gehenna (hell). They are the worst of all creatures.”

Koran 9:5 "Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.

Koran 9:30 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam" Koran 5:33 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water melt their skin and bellies." Koran 22:19 Koran 3:28 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur'an."

5:33 Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption (mischief) is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment."
You should cross check your references one by one, not just do blind copy pastes.

No matter how wrong one believes a person to be, one should be accurate in one’s accusations

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They were pushed back, lost key territory and most of their territory, and militarily and as a quasi-state they have been defeated with very little territory remaining held by them. The greatest threat now are returning foreigners who fought for them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you think that ISIS misinterprets Islam?
I think almost every modern group misinterprets Islam in some way.

However, when it comes to antisemitism, calls to violence, hatred, bigotry, torturing, humiliating, decapitating, mutilating, dismembering, crucifying, and wiping out non-muslims, it's clearly and blatantly commanded in the Qu'ran, and can be found in the Hadiths, and the lifestyle of the founding "Prophet", as well.

Pointing out such errors should be just as acceptable and politically correct as pointing out the errors of Nazism, but it's not!

See the verses I quoted a few posts up. It's thoroughly disgusting bigotry, no matter what context a person tries to use to defend it!