• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What drew you to your pantheon?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Whether you revere the Hellenistic, Kemetic, Roman, Celtic or Germanic Gods; or any Gods of any past civilization; or even just nature itself. What was it that drew you to the pantheon that you revere?

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I had a wision of the high one, he helped me get out of some trouble. I'm Scottish, too, ain't even Scandinavian. huehue

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's pretty simple: I was one of those (now sadly rare) kids who grew up playing in the woods. Once I learned "god" didn't have to mean classical monotheism, seeing reality/nature/universe as the gods just made sense. It's a darn shame I was ignorant of such theological perspectives until I was in college. As some contemporary Pagans testify: they were effectively Pagan long before they realized there was a name for what they were doing. My focus was - and still is - honoring various aspects of reality/nature/universe as literally the gods.

The only traditional Pagan pantheon I have a connection to is Hellenic. And that happened because one of their gods smacked me in the face. Before then, I can't say I really took traditional Pagan gods very seriously. They've a reality to me now that they didn't before.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
You want to go all the way?

Most of my experiences have occurred in my mind and their entirely convincing. Short term predictions were
made by some of them and they do happen. I was spared a car accident as well thanks to the All Father or Hermóðr,
I can't tell them apart and I honestly do not question them.

So my mind convinced me of these 'delusions', which are pleasant now and not demanding. It was
torturous at first and a disciplining experience, they prefer or request I spare the details on occasion
and regard my safety quite often, not in a cowardly way but to be cunning, people are treacherous.

I was asked to quit smoking several times and I drink hardy, but in moderation now.

I'm pretty hap. It's something monks may work towards their entire lives and it happened by the
Gods to me. They humbled and humiliated me first, discarded my ego and re purposed me.

I was actually in a psych ward and the All Father told me what to do and what to say. I must refine
my sense of humor and refine my self from the Thunder God.

I had a psychotic episode and it was fun.

There are also Angels as well.

It's not funny. I think priests are popes are supposed to have this blessing.

I think the Pope is actually American.

Last edited: