• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What dose this mean to you ?

Absolute Zero

fon memories
To stand and consider all possibilities, is to drown in a tunneling sea of infinite potentiality. Thus making free will, man's most potent mirage! - Xavier Renegade Angel

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is a statement that in practice our freedom of choice is limited by our analysis capability and the need to make decisions in due time. Although we may well want not to admit it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To stand and consider all possibilities, is to drown in a tunneling sea of infinite potentiality. Thus making free will, man's most potent mirage! - Xavier Renegade Angel

I am a shopper. Super stores have hundreds of choices of things to buy. The choices are so many some people can not shop in superstores. It might be they "feel like drowning" like Xavier Renegade Angel says. Does a person's reaction to too many things make a superstore merely a mirage?

gnomon

I can't get past the humor of someone posting a quote from Xavier Renegade Angel.

On a serious note what LuisDantes says makes sense. We cannot consider all possibilities and as well we do not even have infinite time.

However, is the man who refuses to consider more than a handful of possibilities and acts accordingly an example of free will as not a mirage.

Pastadamus

It's a bit vague to me, but it seems to be saying that since we can't possibly consider all possible possibilities, there is no such thing as having an absolute free will.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Sounds like someone who thinks free will means that if a person wanted to fly by simply flapping their arms, they should be able to...

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

You really only need two options, and the ability to choose between them, for free-will to be viable. You don't need all the possible options available.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find it lacking, because there are many things all possibilities are easy to consider and many things all possibilities are impossible to consider, but neither situation or any in between will leave your drowning.

gnomon

Based on what little I know of the show, I never will.

You're not missing much. The point of the whole show appeared to be mocking gurus and other religious leaders. Nearly twelve straight minutes of surreal, stream of conscious wisdom statements applied in a ridiculous manner.

My dear sir/madam, you just said, that he who thinks, profoundly, is the most profound fool. Is that why we think what we like?